Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bane, if his participation is interesting enough
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Astonishing Member

Green Lantern
    Captain Atom
    Booster Gold

Jackson Hyde
    Damian
    Dick
    Sideways
    Duke Thomas

Y'know.....I think for me it's less who the guest character is, but more what the writer does with them.

Like, if Allan Scott shows up in a book and he's just doing kinda standard Lantern stuff, just being the unflappable elder statesman of the spandex crowd.....that's always good fun but I see that in most of Allan's appearances. I might not bother grabbing the guest appearance. But if the writer leans a little more into the mystical semi-magic, sorta-sentient green flame Starheart stuff, that Vertigo flavor? I don't see that side of Allan too often so I'll definitely grab the issue.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Y'know.....I think for me it's less who the guest character is, but more what the writer does with them.

Like, if Allan Scott shows up in a book and he's just doing kinda standard Lantern stuff, just being the unflappable elder statesman of the spandex crowd.....that's always good fun but I see that in most of Allan's appearances. I might not bother grabbing the guest appearance. But if the writer leans a little more into the mystical semi-magic, sorta-sentient green flame Starheart stuff, that Vertigo flavor? I don't see that side of Allan too often so I'll definitely grab the issue.
    I long retroactively for a Vertigo SENTINEL book exploring all that weird Starheart mumbo jumbo.

A JADE book would also be killer.

Deathstroke
    Nightwing
    Wally West
    Firestorm
    Bizarro

Extraordinary Member

Damian Wayne interesting with anyone is gold

Atom Ray Palmer
    HawkWoman
    Green Lantern Hal Jordan
    Hawkman
    Blue Beetle Ted Kord
    Red Tornado

Captain Carrot!!!
    Help a fellow fan out and check out my writing, please:
    My Cage comic strip:
    Re-Runs: https://www.webtoons.com/en/challeng...itle_no=539047
    New: https://www.patreon.com/mycage
    Thanks!

Etrigan and Jason Blood.
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

As a kid I've read various issues of DC Comics Presents or Brave & The Bold based on who was guest-starring.

Black Canary, Global Guardians, Batgirl, Zatana, Teen Titans, whenever they appeared in those books.

I got issues of Extreme Justice and the first run of Young Justice because the Wonder Twins appeared in them. Got Action Comics 1015 and 1016 for the guest appearance of Naomi.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I long retroactively for a Vertigo SENTINEL book exploring all that weird Starheart mumbo jumbo.

A JADE book would also be killer.
    Yeah, those would be great, but I won't hold my breath. Actually, something like a Vertigo treatment of Alan Scott, emphasizing the whole magic Starheart angle would be great, a sort of more supernatural Sandman Mystery Theater with more superpowers? Sounds gold to me. And they really should do something with Jade. I know I tend to complain about how DC and WB ignore Power Girl, but she's got tons more attention and characterization than Jade, who should at least get a try-out mini or two.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Damian Wayne

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Yeah, those would be great, but I won't hold my breath. Actually, something like a Vertigo treatment of Alan Scott, emphasizing the whole magic Starheart angle would be great, a sort of more supernatural Sandman Mystery Theater with more superpowers? Sounds gold to me. And they really should do something with Jade. I know I tend to complain about how DC and WB ignore Power Girl, but she's got tons more attention and characterization than Jade, who should at least get a try-out mini or two.
    I think a lot of the JSA benefit from a Vertigo treatment. Something akin to SANDMAN MYSTERY THEATRE about Sentinel and his weird magic Starheart would be absolutely fitting. Obsidian can show up, too. TIMES PAST issues. Heavier scifi/fantasy issues. I'd like to see similar treatment for Liberty Belle who I think has immense potential. Doctor Fate leaning more into Lovecraftian territory. Hawkman and his weird ancient aliens, metaphysical stuff. Mature second looks at the Golden Age stories, alongside new modern stories.

Jade I'd like to see something bright and colourful, something that puts her own the map again "JADE, DAUGHTER OF THE GREEN FLAME" has a nice ring to it. WILDCAT starring Yolanda, too.

I'm getting off track in this thread, but man all this stuff sounds like a damn golden ticket!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I think a lot of the JSA benefit from a Vertigo treatment. Something akin to SANDMAN MYSTERY THEATRE about Sentinel and his weird magic Starheart would be absolutely fitting. Obsidian can show up, too. TIMES PAST issues. Heavier scifi/fantasy issues. I'd like to see similar treatment for Liberty Belle who I think has immense potential. Doctor Fate leaning more into Lovecraftian territory. Hawkman and his weird ancient aliens, metaphysical stuff. Mature second looks at the Golden Age stories, alongside new modern stories.

Jade I'd like to see something bright and colourful, something that puts her own the map again "JADE, DAUGHTER OF THE GREEN FLAME" has a nice ring to it. WILDCAT starring Yolanda, too.

I'm getting off track in this thread, but man all this stuff sounds like a damn golden ticket!
    I agree, but the best we're going to get is a superhero forward JSA with likely few or no solos or minis associated. But yes, that would be bold and could well work if they'd only give it a shot.