Default X-Men Milestones

What kind of experience does people have with the X-Men Milestones series in terms of quality?

I have been collecting the various X-titles in the Epic Collection series so far, as I really want the complete runs (I'm an X-Men fan above all else). But after having bought the Magneto war TPB, I realize how big a difference it does for me with a much better paper quality - so I'm considering switching to the Milestones series, if the quality of the paper is superior. Most X-Men storylines of the 90's where crossovers between two or more of their titles anyway, so collecting them in this format has it's advantages over the Epic editions.

I'd appreciate opinions with someone who has hands-on experience with the Milestone series.

I have 8 X-Men Milestones titles and I also collect the Epic Collections. To avoid double dipping I am buying Epic Collections for non X-Men/ X-Force/ New Mutants/ Etc. titles and then prioritizing the Milestones for the X titles.

Honestly, I hadn't realized the paper quality difference, maybe I am less sensitive to those differences.

I prefer to have the X-Men Milestone collections, as they cover the events without any unnecessary "fluff". Only issue that I see is that if you want to collect everything without gaps, then the Milestones won't cover that. I think some of the Milestones titles might also not cover all of the tie-ins, etc. but that's something on a case by case.

Milestones also look great on the shelves, look shinier than the Epic Collections, if that's imp

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    What kind of experience does people have with the X-Men Milestones series in terms of quality?

I have been collecting the various X-titles in the Epic Collection series so far, as I really want the complete runs (I'm an X-Men fan above all else). But after having bought the Magneto war TPB, I realize how big a difference it does for me with a much better paper quality - so I'm considering switching to the Milestones series, if the quality of the paper is superior. Most X-Men storylines of the 90's where crossovers between two or more of their titles anyway, so collecting them in this format has it's advantages over the Epic editions.

I'd appreciate opinions with someone who has hands-on experience with the Milestone series.
    Epics are cheap omnibus books of one title. So if their is a big crossover, the epics don't collect it very well.
    Epics are cheap in price, so it's good, but with a paper a little less good than some recent omnibus or tpb.

The good point of Epics is that they collect all chapters of one title !
    But I like small omni that collects a full run, a crossover, or stories that are linked.
    Whit Epics you don't really have themed books.

and for the x-men reading order:
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...f-X-Men-Comics

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    Honestly, I hadn't realized the paper quality difference, maybe I am less sensitive to those differences.
    So the question is: did you not realize the difference because there aren't really a big difference between Epics and Milestones in terms of quality - or because you generally don't tend to notice paper quality?

Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    Epics are cheap omnibus books of one title. So if their is a big crossover, the epics don't collect it very well.
    Epics are cheap in price, so it's good, but with a paper a little less good than some recent omnibus or tpb.

The good point of Epics is that they collect all chapters of one title !
    But I like small omni that collects a full run, a crossover, or stories that are linked.
    Whit Epics you don't really have themed books.

and for the x-men reading order:
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...f-X-Men-Comics
    Thanks, but I am aware what the difference is beetween the two in terms of content. My question was merely in regards to whether there's a difference in quality between the two, which is what I'm looking for.

I think the Magneto War TPB is pretty close to perfect quality, and would like the rest of my X-Men collection to have a similar quality. The Epics doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    So the question is: did you not realize the difference because there aren't really a big difference between Epics and Milestones in terms of quality - or because you generally don't tend to notice paper quality?
    I have just randomly checked some of mine Milestones vs Epics and even if I try to be critical I can’t see much difference. Same amount of glow, feels slightly different when touching but nothing much, and I don’t see a difference in thickness.

But here is what I think you’re looking for (I had missed your reference to “Magneto War TPB”) - I also have that TPB, I have just checked it and the paper quality on that one is superior to the paper on the Milestones and Epics. In other words - if you are thinking that Milestones and that Magneto TPB have the same quality, unfortunately they do not!

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    I have just randomly checked some of mine Milestones vs Epics and even if I try to be critical I can’t see much difference. Same amount of glow, feels slightly different when touching but nothing much, and I don’t see a difference in thickness.

But here is what I think you’re looking for (I had missed your reference to “Magneto War TPB”) - I also have that TPB, I have just checked it and the paper quality on that one is superior to the paper on the Milestones and Epics. In other words - if you are thinking that Milestones and that Magneto TPB have the same quality, unfortunately they do not!
    Ah. Well, that's really too bad. But thanks for the clarification, that was exactly what I was after!

Back to square one then.

Does anyone have an older version of the crossovers covered in the Milestones versions, who could speak of the quality there?

I'm thinking these editions, for example:
    https://www.amazon.de/-/en/dp/130290..._huc_mrai_3_dp

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/X-Men-X-C...7798252&sr=8-3