View Poll Results: no polls on rumbles

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • no polls on rumbles

0 0%
  • no polls on rumbles

0 0%
    Ghost of the Stratosphere Not BAMF's Avatar

Default Is Captain America a "Street-Level" hero?

This came up as a point of contention on my podcast recently when we were listing the Top Ten Street Level heroes.

My argument was Yes, he is, because Street-Level is a power tier. It implies what level of power Cap exists at, and he is a solid high-end Street Level Hero. He’s weaker than, say, Spider-Man or Luke Cage, who are mid-tier heroes.

The counter-argument was that Street-Level implies that kind of heroism the character portrays, and since Cap mostly deals with international issues or with leading a team of gods and superbeings into battle with cosmic threats, he isn’t Street-Level. He’s typically not out punching gangsters. So Luke Cage would be Street-Level, but Cap isn’t.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

For Rumbles purposes, "Street Level" is descriptor of personal power. The level of threat they take on in their own setting is irrelevant.

Cap is street level because he's just peak human dude rather than a guy with more potent supernatural abilities.

Also, your poll may be be closed by the mods as we don't do polls on Rumbles, though that's more a rule about deciding the results of fights that this is not.

This belongs in the Marvel forum and should be transferred there, even if it didn't include a poll.

No polls on rumbles. Sorry.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Yeah, agreeing with nick, "-Level" is usually the power-level of the character in question, not just here in Rumbles, but as I've seen elsewhere on the net. In that sense the, you could categorize the scope of the threat as having its own power level.

"Cap is a Street Leveler who takes on Country or Global Level threats."

Or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Not BAMF View Post
    This came up as a point of contention on my podcast recently when we were listing the Top Ten Street Level heroes.

My argument was Yes, he is, because Street-Level is a power tier. It implies what level of power Cap exists at, and he is a solid high-end Street Level Hero. He’s weaker than, say, Spider-Man or Luke Cage, who are mid-tier heroes.

The counter-argument was that Street-Level implies that kind of heroism the character portrays, and since Cap mostly deals with international issues or with leading a team of gods and superbeings into battle with cosmic threats, he isn’t Street-Level. He’s typically not out punching gangsters. So Luke Cage would be Street-Level, but Cap isn’t.
    Interesting. Yes, from a story point of view, Cap is not "street level" because he's dealing with Avengers level threats albeit mostly as the leader and coordinator. Luke is street level from a story perspective because he mostly deals with street crime type situations.

From a power level perspective, Cap is street level. He's roughly on a par with Batman who is "the line" for street power level. Luke is beyond street level.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    This belongs in the Marvel forum and should be transferred there, even if it didn't include a poll.
    Sometimes, non-rumbles are allowed and this is interesting and at least has applicability to level of power.
    Power with Girl is better.