Merc with a Mouth delvetheunknown's Avatar

Default Cutting Down Pull Lists

I really need help cutting down pull lists. I always have trouble in knowing what title to cut. Do you guys have any tips or guidelines to know which titles to cut. Here is my pull list to anyone that is curious. I'm planning to keep it to 30$ a month

Marvel:
    - Amazing Spider-Man
    - Avengers
    - Deadpool
    - Miles Morales
    - Original Sin
    - Rocket Raccoon
    - Superior Spider-Man

DC:
    - Batman
    - Justice League
    - Superman

Could you post the prices of each title in your pull list? Too time-consuming to look them all up, lol

Well first off, Original Sin and Superior Spiderman won't last long seeing Original Sin ends this month and Superior is only back for one more issue.

But if you still need to cut once those are gone decide for yourself what exactly are your favorite series to read as well as how much you are willing to pay for them.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Yea, Superior Spider-Man is more-or-less over, and Original Sin will be done within a few weeks. It's really a personal choice on what you've been enjoying and what you haven't been enjoying. If it were me, I'd drop Superman and Rocket Raccoon. And you can always wait for the series to come out in trade paperbacks.

Like others have said, 2 of your Marvel books are over or close to it. Once those end, you''ll be around $30 a month, maybe a little over. If you're not excited to pay 4 bucks for any of those books each month, drop that one. Collecting and reading comics now is too expensive if it feels like a chore. Best thing I ever did was cut my pull list down to the ones I only REALLY loved.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Hard to say when I don't know who your favourite characters are outside of Deadpool (and that's based on your avatar) or your tastes. Like weezer17 and sifighter said though Original Sin only has 2 more issues to go.

If you cut three down to TBS, that should save you a lot. Of Marvel drop Amazing Spiderman and Avengers, both with always have TBPs so you can go pick them back up very easily if you miss them. When in doubt, drop the ones that don't need your monthly support.

Pick your favourite character and keep their title if you're following it.

Then decide which comic you look forward to every month.

Then check the estimated sales figures and keep the ones that are selling the least. Cut the more expensive ones if you can't decide.

Quote Originally Posted by delvetheunknown View Post
    I really need help cutting down pull lists. I always have trouble in knowing what title to cut. Do you guys have any tips or guidelines to know which titles to cut. Here is my pull list to anyone that is curious. I'm planning to keep it to 30$ a month

Marvel:
    - Amazing Spider-Man
    - Avengers
    - Deadpool
    - Miles Morales
    - Original Sin
    - Rocket Raccoon
    - Superior Spider-Man

DC:
    - Batman
    - Justice League
    - Superman

BANNED

Superior and Original Sin have one more issue left anyway. I'd drop Miles since he's in a different universe.Then, you're left 7 titles x 4$ pre issue = 28$ a month.

Now, I'd like some help with my pull list:

1)Deadpool
    2)2099
    3)T-Bolts
    4)Wolvie
    5)TASM
    6)Moon Knight
    7)Ghost Rider
    8)Uncanny X-Men
    9)New Avengers
    10)GotG
    11)Earth 2

Now, Wolvie and T-Bolts are ending. I'll definitely be adding Guardians 3000 but I want to add both Superior Iron Man and the new Remender book with Hobgoblin, Tony, Deadpool,etc and maybe "FalCap and the Mighty Avengers". What should I drop?

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

I just look at what I look forward to the most every month. If I don't get too excited for one title than I switch it on my pull with a comic I do get excited for every month. If you don't enjoy it, why spend money on it?
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkostis View Post
    Superior and Original Sin have one more issue left anyway. I'd drop Miles since he's in a different universe.Then, you're left 7 titles x 4$ pre issue = 28$ a month.

Now, I'd like some help with my pull list:

1)Deadpool
    2)2099
    3)T-Bolts
    4)Wolvie
    5)TASM
    6)Moon Knight
    7)Ghost Rider
    8)Uncanny X-Men
    9)New Avengers
    10)GotG
    11)Earth 2

Now, Wolvie and T-Bolts are ending. I'll definitely be adding Guardians 3000 but I want to add both Superior Iron Man and the new Remender book with Hobgoblin, Tony, Deadpool,etc and maybe "FalCap and the Mighty Avengers". What should I drop?
    It actually hasn't been announced what exactly Remender's new book is, the thing you are referring to is an Axis promo image. As for what you could drop, I'd suggest Earth 2 and Moon Knight as possible choices, reason being is that Moon Knight is getting a new creative team so you might want to see how you feel about Brian Wood's run over Warren Ellis's. Earth 2 is about to begin a weekly series in October so it might just be easier to trade wait that.

Now, is there a specific budget number you want to stick to or are you just trying to lower it because you are adding new series?
    Last edited by sifighter; 08-12-2014 at 01:11 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    It actually hasn't been announced what exactly Remender's new book is, the thing you are referring to is an Axis promo image. As for what you could drop, I'd suggest Earth 2 and Moon Knight as possible choices, reason being is that Moon Knight is getting a new creative team so you might want to see how you feel about Brian Wood's run over Warren Ellis's. Earth 2 is about to begin a weekly series in October so it might just be easier to trade wait that.

Now, is there a specific budget number you want to stick to or are you just trying to lower it because you are adding new series?
    I thought that the guys in the promo shot would be in the new book. Damn, I was really looking forward to Kingsley being on a monthly team. I'm not dropping MK because I liked the art and I want to support the character (he's one of my favorites). As for my budget, I'd like it to remain around 60 euros (i pay 4.50 euro for every title) but i'm really trimming my pull list to add new titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkostis View Post
    I thought that the guys in the promo shot would be in the new book. Damn, I was really looking forward to Kingsley being on a monthly team. I'm not dropping MK because I liked the art and I want to support the character (he's one of my favorites). As for my budget, I'd like it to remain around 60 euros (i pay 4.50 euro for every title) but i'm really trimming my pull list to add new titles.
    Alright then, well given your pull list it looks like you should have some wiggle room to add a few titles after Wolverine and Thunderbolts end. If you are really set on trimming your pull list I just recommend you look at what series and characters you enjoy reading and which ones you don't and then deciding for yourself which ones you feel like staying on.
    Words to live by.

Merc with a Mouth delvetheunknown's Avatar

Ok guys, thanks a lot for helping me. Here is my current pull list and brief notes for each series.

Marvel:

- Amazing Spider-Man (kept - one of my most favourite characters and a very enjoyable book)

- Avengers (removed - not really a fan of the writing on this book since it is really hard to follow)

- Deadpool (kept - one of my most favourite characters and I feel like it works really well to follow monthly)

- Miles Morales (removed - a well-written book but the monthly wait is just too long for me and I feel like the book works better in TPBs)

- Original Sin (removing it after issue 8)

- Rocket Raccoon (kept - it has been consistently funny and I heard that it is a limited series and rocketing up the prices might convince Marvel to extend its planned number of issues)

- Superior Spider-Man (removing it after issue 33)

DC: (keeping all of it since I like these two heroes a lot and the League)

- Batman

- Justice League

- Superman
    Last edited by delvetheunknown; 08-12-2014 at 04:41 PM.