Mighty Member

Default the Secret Origins documentary

from 2010, with Ryan Reynolds narrating is great. The DC history and lore...watching it made me want to dive into Batman Superman from the beginning, it even gave a little Marvel tease too...little did they know then that 2011 New 52 and a decade of relaunches reboots resets, character assassination was around the corner. Dan Didio was even in the doc. I didn't know much about him he seemed nice. Then I found out from here and elsewhere how toxic and divisive he was...but again, the doc shows that DC has a really rich comic book history..

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    from 2010, with Ryan Reynolds narrating is great. The DC history and lore...watching it made me want to dive into Batman Superman from the beginning, it even gave a little Marvel tease too...little did they know then that 2011 New 52 and a decade of relaunches reboots resets, character assassination was around the corner. Dan Didio was even in the doc. I didn't know much about him he seemed nice. Then I found out from here and elsewhere how toxic and divisive he was...but again, the doc shows that DC has a really rich comic book history..
    It was a great documentary. I saw it at Comic Con when everyone was excited about Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern and the start of the DC movieverse. Little did we know what was to come. Oh well. Still a great doc. Loved seeing Julie Schwartz talking about how he not only helped produce the Justice League but his idea gave birth to the Fantastic Four and the Marvel Age.