Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Oh how I loved these characters! Even though they were published when I was at an insecure age and I felt silly for liking them, I just couldn't resist!
    Ha, I was just young enough to read these without shame. I collected all of them, I think, as well as the insert in New Teen Titans, which I was also buying. Great times. I was a Peter Porkchops man, myself.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    There should definitely be a Zoo Crew and Just Alotta Animals animated series on DC Universe.
    This is almost a no brainer! Don’t they realize what a marketing goldmine this all is?!

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Yes, more Rat Tornado, Zap Panda and Stacked Canary please <3

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Yes, more Rat Tornado, Zap Panda and Stacked Canary please <3
    Rat Tornado, haha. I also like how the speedsters are turtles.

Incredible Member

I dont know why anthropomorphic animal comics died out. Its an ideal genre for comics and you can do anything with it from Maus to Loony tunes. Be good if someone had a big hit in that genre again

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I would still love to see more of Captain K'Rot from the Threashold: The Hunted short lived series. I loved that take on Cap as a space merc. They even showed a little of Pig Iron as part of his crew.

Yay more Zoo Crew !....

Oh wait, ...noooo! https://twitter.com/TheRealMitoFox/s...71677032914946
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...Captain-Carrot

Multiverse's End one-shot features a dark fate for one of those worlds, which is home to a fan-favorite character, Captain Carrot.

Captain Carrot variant for "Dark Nights: Death Metal: Multiverse's End #1"
    ....!

Seriously this is all they can think of, for these characters?

LOL I'm sure they can hop back from this!

Last edited by Güicho; 08-09-2020 at 04:20 PM.

Incredible Member

The zoo crew does seem really cool. Though I can't understand why you would forget/not use character for years only to bring them back and kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    The zoo crew does seem really cool. Though I can't understand why you would forget/not use character for years only to bring them back and kill them.
    Yeah, I don't see the marketing strategy here. As far as I know, lots of people liked them. Why is killing them so amusing?

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post

This is not a complaint just an observation-

We have a somewhat regular Zoo Crew thread here-
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post4944415
    Original thread - https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post4596821
    just a few reminiscing , or anticipating the Zoo Crew might one day return, and since there is no new content, it only gets so much traction and discussion. The fans are here though.

Enter new "click-bait" thread and headline, DEATH OF CAPTAIN CARROT- https://community.cbr.com/showthread...Captain-Carrot
    Which is the thread starting equivalent of their great Art Addams "click-bait" cover (see above, actually a great cover -
    Which is great people are suddenly talking about it . Suddenly there is buzz about the Zoo Crew, and in one day that thread and "fans" appear and generate more discussion than this one the whole year) .

Which is exactly how DC editorial reads what they do- Well there was little to no fans or buzz about this property before, but now look, nobody cared until we did this one headline grabbing Death of Zoo Crew eXtreme Shock and Awe take on them.
    So that is what fans must really want. LOL!
    Last edited by Güicho; 09-01-2020 at 09:36 AM.

BANNED

The problem is, DC HATES HATES HATES Captain Carrot and the Zoo Crew! They think they're just "stupid funny-animal books for dumb little kids", and they keep getting rid of them. Cancellation wasn't enough, so they were "brought back due to fan demand" for a three-issue arc that trashed and destroyed them. (Thank heavens Grant Morrison flipped DC the bird on that one!)

They're back - but they are only safe as long as they are never seen or used.

Because when they are - it's as cannon fodder. And they don't deserve that.

(All of the above may be subject to change with the massive changes at DC...or not.)

Incredible Member

the one time captain carrot met hoppy

Last edited by marshal88; 09-01-2020 at 04:15 AM.

The reason DC has crapped all over Captain Carrot and the Zoo Crew is the same reason they keep their distance from the word ‘fun’.
    Because, at the first sign of these elements readers’ heads explode with a fear that they’ll lose their Batman and serious heroes overnight if they don’t stomp it out in a hurry.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    The reason DC has crapped all over Captain Carrot and the Zoo Crew is the same reason they keep their distance from the word ‘fun’.
    Because, at the first sign of these elements readers’ heads explode with a fear that they’ll lose their Batman and serious heroes overnight if they don’t stomp it out in a hurry.
    There also seems to be a fear of maintaining a children's line. I don't mean young adult novels, I mean simple old fashioned comics for kids that Gold Key and Harvey Comics used to release.

BANNED

Are they afraid readers won't take their BatGod seriously if they also publish "kiddie books"?