Default Cassian Andor cast announced

https://www.cbr.com/star-wars-cassia...-gough-soller/

Mon Mothma will be back in the series, but also Stellan Skarsgard (Thor) Denise Gough (English voice of Yennefer in the Witcher video game) and Kyle Soller.

Curiously, no Alan Tudyk, but perhaps this is set before they met.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Hmm, such a show could be a good opportunity to develop the character of Crix Madine, which i always liked for some reason.

Anyway, as a big Rogue One enthusiast....me want.

Yeah Madine could be an interesting choice. His basic backstory of being the leader of Imperial commandos is still canon. Be kind of interesting if they were the Deathtroopers.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

iMan 42s

I'd prefer the storm commandos instead. Deathtroopers are associated with Imperial intelligence and the Tarkin Initiative so while they can be sent on spec ops missions I don't know what Cassian would've been doing that caught the eye of Imperial Intelligence 5 years before everybody knew about the Death Star.

The only image I can find of Madine as an Imperial as well gives him (at least according to Rogue One's system) the rank of Admiral and an olive green uniform. So he's isn't Intelligence and so if he did lead them they're more likely only assigned to him rather than him being in Intelligence.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Astonishing Member

I'm trying to figure out if they go for broke with Skarsgard because he's so central casting the choice for an Imperial Security Bureau pro who is a spy hunter ... or if they go against type and do the more professorial thing with him. Or maybe split the difference ... an academic high ranking Imperial who is actually a Rebel sympathizer and mole? That'd be a role with some meat to it ... although like every spy storyline ever, it's a role that's immediately fatal beyond the first season. I mean they can't do the Alexandr Kallus thing twice.

My main hope for this series, besides it being James Bond fun in addition to "serious spy study" (because Rogue One had zero room for Cassian to have much of a sense of humor), is that they really get into the meat of his origins as a child of Confederates. Like, what planet is he from (I'm itching to see a live-action Raxus Prime), was he able to reprogram K2SO because he was extremely familiar with B1 Battle Droids?

I'd rather it not be too small world, so even though it takes place about a year before Rebels gets going, I don't care to have him interact with Hera or Kanan and Saw Gerrera might be timeline-breaking. We've got Mon Mothma and it seems pretty likely we might see Draven again here. Other than that, skies the limit? I guess ... or at least "he's got to be alive another five years in-timeline so he can die on Scarif" is the limit. But James Bond never dies and we still enjoy the stakes of those films, so by all means.
    Last edited by K. Jones; 05-12-2020 at 06:24 AM.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com