Default Books about Comic books

A thread for books that help you go deeper into the story. Post inside pics, reviews, whatever you like!

photo 1.jpg

photo.jpg
    An unabashed DC Fanboy (who gives Marvel credit where credit is due).

photo 5.jpg

photo 4.jpg

Sorry for the poor pics. I chose the "medium size" option when emailing from my phone. Please let me know if you'd like a clearer pic of any of the books.
    Last edited by ohmshalone; 08-12-2014 at 10:59 AM.

photo 2.jpg

photo 3.jpg

I was pleasantly surprised by this. I thought this would be nothing but words, and maybe a b&w pic here and there. Silly me. Excellent presentation.
    Last edited by ohmshalone; 08-12-2014 at 01:40 PM.

I would recommend Scott Mcclouds books.
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

I'm just finishing up Supergods by Grant Morrison and it's been a pretty good read.

The Taschen books on DC and Marvel are works of art although I dont own either (yet)

Georges Khoury's Kimota! the Miracleman companion is the indispensable companion (indeed) to the series currently reprinted by Marvel. I am also currently reading Thrill Power Overload The first Thirty Years of 2000 AD by David Bishop and it's very hard to go to sleep early these days.

Oh, and all Jesse Nevins companions to the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

Been eyeing some of the Sequart books for a while. Any feedback on any of them?

Morrison supergods is great if you enjoy his work

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by vark View Post
    Georges Khoury's Kimota! the Miracleman companion is the indispensable companion (indeed) to the series currently reprinted by Marvel.
    Damn, it's OOP Not even available as an ebook

BANNED

Really enjoyed Sean Howe's book on Marvel. Of course, I can't recall the exact name, now.

Marvel Comics: The Untold Story

Yeah, it was good.

Amazing Member

Kimota! is one of the best companion books out there. All Miracleman fans need a copy of this great book. I used to own quite a bit of the original art that was featured in the Kimota! book and I thought I knew a lot about Miracleman, but I learned so much just reading the interviews and articles. By far, this is the best companion ever published, in my opinion, and it's worth tracking down.
    Marvel Comics: The Untold Story is a brilliant work by Sean Howe. I have read it twice now and I always find the stories surprising, engaging and very easy to visualize. Sean did a great job on that one.
    Paul Levitz's huge book on DC Comics was also great, but way too big to actually read sitting in your easy chair. I think the book is being released in smaller hardcovers that cover each age.
    Supergods by Grant Morrison is also very good.
    For my money, the best books on comics come from Twomorrows (the company that published the Kimota! Companion). They publish great magazines (Back Issue, Comic Book Creator and Alter Ego), along with the Modern Masters line of books on specific artists, and then there are the really good companions, like the Legion of Super-Heroes Companion, the Titans companions and many others.

I've been really looking forward to George Khoury's Swampmen: Muck Monsters of the Comics. Unfortunately it keeps getting it's release date knocked back. From what I've read, this has been going on for a while.
    currently reading: Dept. H, Hellboy in Hell, Kaijumax, Moon Knight

Jost got this from one of my best friends for my birthday (along with a brand new 10th Doctor flight control Tardis, oh yeah!). Looking forward to reading it but, there are interviews in it but I think there are some page by page annotations too, so donno if I should read it along with the comic or not (just reread it a few months ago).