Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Default Underused Villains/Villains you’d like to see more

As the title suggests, I’m interested in some Spidey villains we think were underused or we’d like to see again. There’s quite a few I can think of. Straczynski made quite a few mystical villains and Slott introduced one or two (Mr Negative seemed to be his biggest )

I’d love to see Paper Doll back. A great villain with really interesting powers and visuals. If she’d repeatedly make more appearances she could become a great rogue equal to Sandman/Electro etc.

I think Fusion was a great character and I'd love to see him make a return.

And of course The Swarm. He never gets enough attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I think Fusion was a great character and I'd love to see him make a return.

And of course The Swarm. He never gets enough attention.
    Definitely agree with Fusion.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Third on Fusion. Paper Doll wasn't a bad new villain from the BND era, she had an interesting motive and design.

I think Belladonna would be a cool one to see return, surprised she stayed in obscurity after Roger Stern's great first arc with her.

Panda-mania, has potential. Came out of left field with Super-strength and a funny gimmick, but with no back-story.
    Panda-mania.jpg

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    I think Belladonna would be a cool one to see return, surprised she stayed in obscurity after Roger Stern's great first arc with her.
    I was JUST about to mention Belladonna. I think a villain who is genuinely creeped out by Spider-Man is quite the novelty. Plus with her knowledge of chemicals and various gasses in her arsenal, she can be a realistic threat to someone like Spider-Man...if even for a moment.

White Rabbit .

More Stegron and Swarm is always a good thing, but they tend to get used every once in awhile.

Even less used:

Joystick
    Armada
    Angelface
    Crown / Hunger (I prefer his original ID)
    Jimmy 6

-Pav, who isn't sure if 6 counts as a villain or not...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Stunner would be great, especially given that her story is basically a sci-fi extrapolation of how people often present themselves differently in cyberspace compared to real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    More Stegron and Swarm is always a good thing, but they tend to get used every once in awhile.

Even less used:

Joystick
    Armada
    Angelface
    Crown / Hunger (I prefer his original ID)
    Jimmy 6

-Pav, who isn't sure if 6 counts as a villain or not...
    Joystick, especially. She'd also be great as a foil for Black Cat, given that they're both in it for thrills, though Felicia (usually) has more standards than Joystick.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Cardiac should also get more pannel time than he does. Under the correct writer and away from the Spidey books, I could even seem him being used as a propper (anti-)hero. Puma has a similar thing going for him.

Also speaking of *******ing cast/guest star heroes in the Spidey books, I always liked Annex, although I suppose he was far more hero than villain.

I'm not ashamed to admit it , but I also always liked Judas Traveler. I just wish they hadn't retconned him into being a glorified Mysterio.
    Last edited by Alan2099; 04-29-2020 at 07:45 AM.

Cardiac should also get more pannel time than he does. Under the correct writer and away from the Spidey books, I could even seem him being used as a propper (anti-)hero. Puma has a similar thing going for him.

Also speaking of supporting cast/guest star heroes in the Spidey books, I always liked Annex, although I suppose he was far more hero than villain.

I'm not ashamed to admit it , but I also always liked Judas Traveler. I just wish they hadn't retconned him into being a glorified Mysterio.
    I agree with you on Cardiac, especially given that his base motivation would be incredibly relevant to our times, now that people in real life are increasingly aware of how the wealthy and powerful can manipulate the law to shield themselves from accountability to those their practices have harmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Stunner would be great, especially given that her story is basically a sci-fi extrapolation of how people often present themselves differently in cyberspace compared to real life.
    Completely agree. There are so many storylines that could parallel real issues and themes that can be done with Stunner. And we rarely see female "losers/outcasts" but I think she'd fit in alongside with Spidey's other (typically male) mooks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Completely agree. There are so many storylines that could parallel real issues and themes that can be done with Stunner. And we rarely see female "losers/outcasts" but I think she'd fit in alongside with Spidey's other (typically male) mooks.
    Uh-huh. I mean, female "losers/outcasts" do show up occasionally in fiction, but they're usually rather idealized compared to a more "realistic" portrayal, which in retrospect is somewhat similar to how Peter himself has been depicted in more recent years. Could go for that parallel, and speaking of . . . let's not forget Titania, who was a scrawny loser/outcast before she got body-enhancing superpowers like Peter, only she decided to use hers to be a bigger bully as opposed to Peter (eventually) using his powers to fight those who would pick on the weak and vulnerable.

Also speaking of supporting cast/guest star heroes in the Spidey books, I always liked Annex, although I suppose he was far more hero than villain.

You beat me to Cardiac. He has always been one of my favorite Spidey Characters. I loved seeing him show up in Jane Foster.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.