Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Cardiac should also get more pannel time than he does. Under the correct writer and away from the Spidey books, I could even seem him being used as a propper (anti-)hero. Puma has a similar thing going for him.

Also speaking of supporting cast/guest star heroes in the Spidey books, I always liked Annex, although I suppose he was far more hero than villain.

I'm not ashamed to admit it , but I also always liked Judas Traveler. I just wish they hadn't retconned him into being a glorified Mysterio.
    I'm glad to know there's another Judas Traveller fan out there... yeah, I preferred him before the illusion power revelation.

Fusion would be a def., I believe he was killed in a Thor book... but hey, power of suggestion to fake his death! Paper Doll and Joystick, also... love those two! Cardiac is cool, as well. A few more would be Bloodshed and Lightmaster.

Extraordinary Member

I absolutely agree that Fusion, Cardiac and Joystick should be used more. They're all just tons of fun and/or real interesting.

I'd also like to see Delilah again. She can either still be a hit woman/body guard, or have upgraded herself to mob boss material.

And I always thought Puma was an interesting anti-hero for Spidey to but heads with.
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 05-02-2020 at 07:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    I'm glad to know there's another Judas Traveller fan out there... yeah, I preferred him before the illusion power revelation.

Fusion would be a def., I believe he was killed in a Thor book... but hey, power of suggestion to fake his death! Paper Doll and Joystick, also... love those two! Cardiac is cool, as well. A few more would be Bloodshed and Lightmaster.
    Count me in on Judas Traveller as well haha. If I could bring him back I'd retcon the retcon.

That Fusion Thor appearance was written by Jenkins so he seemingly killed off his character. I do think he has more stories in him, though.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Lightmaster would be a great one, and his initial motivation is incredibly relatable to real life, given the issues with how devalued education has become in our society. (Specifically, he was angry about government officials cutting the budget to Empire State University, where he worked as a professor before becoming a supervillain.)
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    Count me in on Judas Traveller as well haha. If I could bring him back I'd retcon the retcon.

That Fusion Thor appearance was written by Jenkins so he seemingly killed off his character. I do think he has more stories in him, though.
    Speaking of retconning retcons...

I was tweeting back and forth with another Ben Reilly fan the other day, and I made the joke that PAD looked at the 90s Clone Saga and asked himself, "Hm. What do people most like about this story, so I can bring it into my Scarlet Spider book? Ah! Mysterious characters in black robes with no real discernible motivations!"

And that's why we got Lady Death in Ben's book.

But then I got to thinking...

Lady Death and Scrier -- who is supposed to be cosmic-level himself -- both were potentially intrigued by the Spider-Clones. Maybe there's a story there.

Oh, and also on Twitter the other day, I happened to chat with Brendan McCarthy, creator of Spider-Man: Fever, and he said he'd love for the Arachnix (aka the Harrah Harrah spiderdemons) to be brought back someday. Personally, I'd love to see a scary Spidey story involving the Arachnix, Ai Apaec, the Thousand, and Doppelganger.

-Pav, who also wants to see the Sleepwalker villain Cobweb make his way over into the Spidey rogues gallery...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Speaking of retconning retcons...

I was tweeting back and forth with another Ben Reilly fan the other day, and I made the joke that PAD looked at the 90s Clone Saga and asked himself, "Hm. What do people most like about this story, so I can bring it into my Scarlet Spider book? Ah! Mysterious characters in black robes with no real discernible motivations!"

And that's why we got Lady Death in Ben's book.

But then I got to thinking...

Lady Death and Scrier -- who is supposed to be cosmic-level himself -- both were potentially intrigued by the Spider-Clones. Maybe there's a story there.

Oh, and also on Twitter the other day, I happened to chat with Brendan McCarthy, creator of Spider-Man: Fever, and he said he'd love for the Arachnix (aka the Harrah Harrah spiderdemons) to be brought back someday. Personally, I'd love to see a scary Spidey story involving the Arachnix, Ai Apaec, the Thousand, and Doppelganger.

-Pav, who also wants to see the Sleepwalker villain Cobweb make his way over into the Spidey rogues gallery...
    Cobweb messing with Spider-Man's mind and dreams . . . or those of the Scarlet Spiders? That could be fun. I also like the Arachnix from Spider-Man: Fever, since they were supposed to be the ones responsible for the spider that became irradiated before it bit Peter Parker.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member

How about, the Squid?

Sure, his last dozen or so appearances, mostly as part of a mob of other villains, and for all I know, had only one-two-three tops, "serious" usages of his character, but c'mon, he's the Squid! That guy, due to being a mutated human - squid guy, both one of Spidey's cornballiest, least taken seriously, often overlooked forgotten he exists fiends, yet due to being a mutated human-squid guy, could potentially be played as dangerously deadly, which he'd be the least expected guy to be seen to be. But I believe can be done, again.

Mighty Member

The Spot, Hydro-Man and Swarm, but moreso in other media, especially in video games. They'd both make for cool boss battles, and the latter even exists in the PS4 game's continuity.

I'm also a fan of the Walrus. I just find the idea of a rando who drinks a walrus-derived mutagen, only to find out that being the strength of a walrus actually makes him weaker, to be funny. Even Josh Keaton himself lobbied for him to show up in Spectacular Spider-Man. Also, the fact that he even landed a hit on Spidey because he was too busy laughing at him.

Oops...posted a Superman response to a Spider Man question.
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

I really want Macendale to return as Hobgoblin. He was my second favorite Spidey Rogue next to Venom when I was growing up.

This thread already mentioned my picks for underused villains I'd want to return

Cardiac
    Swarm
    Stegron
    Demogoblin

Also, I'd like to see a 2099 villain make an appearance

Astonishing Member

Hydro Man.
    Spot.
    Owl.
    Shocker.
    Stegron.
    Styx and Stone (They re-apeared in the Spider-Man/Deadpool comic book but would be cool to see them again in Amazing Spider-Man)

Incredible Member

Commanda. Thrill seeking socialite turned cat burglar who gave a young Spider-Man a major case of the over heats when he first encountered her. Wouldn't mind seeing a rematch between her and Spidey, with Black Cat in his corner.
    The Fly. Spidey foe that was killed by the Scourge of the Underworld, and then resurrected by the Hood. Surprised that since his return the villain, who was killed by the Scourge just as he was going to go after Spider-Man. Hasn't gone after the Wall-Crawler since being resurrected.
    Death-Squad. Brainwashed group of tech using assassins created by the Foreigner's 1400 club. If failed in their missions, they were programed to kill themselves thanks to self-destruct devices in their outfits, and the information from their battles were transferred to a central computer from memory implants in their brains to down load in the next "recruit" of the Death Squad. I could see someone resurrecting the Death Squad as sleeper agents, assassins. They could be anyone, anywhere ,and pop up to cause havoc.
    Hitman. Served with Frank Castle in the Marine Corps before being discharged for being declared mentally unfit for duty. Became a high end assassin ,and the opposite number to Frank Castle's Punisher. Ended up dying. But was cloned by the Jackal II in The Clone Conspiracy. Supposedly the Hitman clone was killed when Doctor Octopus accelerated the clone degeneration present in Miles Warren's cloning process. But could've survived ,and be back in the assassination game.
    Eduardo Lobo. Mutant werewolf leader of the Mexican Cartel known as the Hermanos De Le Luna, with his twin brother Carlos. Went to war with the Kingpin after a failed assassination attempt using a brainwashed Punisher. During the course of said gang war ended up being killed by Glory Grant accidently with a silver bullet. Like the Hitman, and several other deceased Spidey foes .was cloned by the second Jackal in The Clone Conspiracy. Could've escaped the degeneration signal sent by Doc Ock in the course of the storyline. And even returned to Mexico to seize control of his gangs in the wake of Carlos' ,and his sister Esme's death by the Coyote in Kaine Parker's mag, SCARLET SPIDER. Due to his base of operations being in Mexico, and the Southwest. Eduardo could end up bumping heads with Spidey's frenemy. Thomas Fireheart, a.k.a. the Puma.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Also, I'd like to see a 2099 villain make an appearance
    An updated version of Venture would be cool to see.

.... non-murderous villains. thieves who are content to be thieves, etc.

.. paper doll? panda-mania? (who?)

Astonishing Member

I think the best thing you do with some of these villains to give them a new story, not the same old story you could do with these characters back in the 60s or 80s or whatever. Have them do something different or have us learn something new about the character or develop the character in some way, make a villain more sympathetic or less sympathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    .... non-murderous villains. thieves who are content to be thieves, etc.

.. paper doll? panda-mania? (who?)
    Not every villain has to be murderous (though I think most villains should not be afraid of a little bloodshed), but I think we should stop treating ''professional criminal who is driven by greed and nothing else'' as an interesting character, that is not a character, its an archetype. Give the non-murderous villains more active sympathetic qualities or make them more clever, if they do not seem to get ahead with bank robbing, give them another money-making scheme that is harder to foil than robbing banks.

Really Spidey should foil a bank robbery in the first act of a story and move on to dealing with something more complex after that.
    Last edited by The Overlord; 05-05-2020 at 10:08 AM.