Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Default Pick an obscure DC superhero and create a villain for them.

Vixen: To me the ideal Vixen villain would be a rogue with a very versatile power or power set. They wouldn't be cosmic level earth shakers but they wouldn't be street level either. In short, mid tier super villains with very versatile powers, or low high end villains that are only high end in a very specialized skill.

Examples: A mid tier telekinetic, might make for an interesting against Vixen because, most of Vixens attacks are close range attacks, and telekinetics are for the most part, distance fighters.

Extraordinary Member

Obscure Hero: Mark Shaw “Manhunter”

Villain: The Bondsman - Basically an evil counterpart to the bounty hunter aspect.

A former Federal Marshall who was caught selling out Witness Protection Program members, he now works as a kind of “criminal marshall,” tracking down people who the mob wants and securing them in claustrophobia-level restraints for transport to his employer - usually family members someone wants to use to squeeze on someone else, treacherous gang members, officers they have a grudge against, etc.

You don’t hire him to kill people - that’s what assassins are for. You hire him for live capture. He’s a sanctimonious villain who’s full of self-righteous indignation at losing his old job, but genuinely doesn’t understand why some of his captures are less “excusable” than others - he’s a sociopath underneath it all, so there’s not really in different to him between an former made man who told on his boss, and an innocent kid of a district attorney.

Mark Shaw thus gets to both try and free people he’s kidnapped, beat him to other targets, and potentially protect some targets from him.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Boisterously Confused

Ragman's foe is Nicholas Samhain. Samhain, is elegant, urbane, and fabulous. He is also an agent for an unnamed demonic entity who wants the most evil of souls running lose to wreck havok and drive the innocent to despair. Samhain has an array of mystical abilities, including the power to strip the condemned from The Ragman's patches, which not only weakens Ragman, but strips away a piece of his own soul.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Vixen: To me the ideal Vixen villain would be a rogue with a very versatile power or power set. They wouldn't be cosmic level earth shakers but they wouldn't be street level either. In short, mid tier super villains with very versatile powers, or low high end villains that are only high end in a very specialized skill.

Examples: A mid tier telekinetic, might make for an interesting against Vixen because, most of Vixens attacks are close range attacks, and telekinetics are for the most part, distance fighters.
    I like the idea of putting Vixen against someone with steel-hard skin and the strength that would suggest. He's tough enough that Vixen can't really hurt him with even an elephant's strength, but has to resort to clever strategies involving spitting cobra venom or electric eel shocks, while evading his superior strength with monkey or snake-like speed and reflexes.

It would have sort of a 'Spider-Man vs. Juggernaut' feel, in that she'd be completely out of her weight class, on paper, but she can still pull out a victory, by using her powers (and experience, and mobility, since he can't fly and doesn't have an effective ranged attack) creatively.

I don't think Vixen is an "obscure" character, but I do think she should have a villainess called Murder Hornet. I know it's cliche, but Murder Hornet's specialty would be...MURDER, and as an assassin, she would never use guns or knives. Her weapon of choice would be small stinger darts that release venom into her victims' bodies. She would wear a mask that literally looks like a hornet's head. She'd have artificial wings as well.

While primarily a part of Vixen's Rogues Gallery, Murder Hornet could have a few altercations with Bumblebee as well...

Another villainess in Vixen's Rogues Gallery would be a female character with the combined powers of Mystique, Multiple Man and Rogue. Maybe I'd call her "Viper."
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 05-04-2020 at 05:52 AM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Booster Gold’s sister Goldstar should run afoul of a 25th century character who’s been using Booster Gold’s entire super heroic career (known and unknown) to screw w. the time stream and amass great wealth and power at his expense and eventual demise.
    Goldstar has to protect the greatest hero no one's ever heard of from the arch villain he never knew he had.
    Last edited by Riv86672; 05-04-2020 at 05:21 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Goldstar has to protect the greatest hero no one's ever heard of from the arch villain he never knew he had.
    Genius!

Bonus points if she teams up at some point with Firehawk. Those even-more-forgotten lady spin-offs of mostly-forgotten male heroes need to stick together!

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Genius!

Bonus points if she teams up at some point with Firehawk. Those even-more-forgotten lady spin-offs of mostly-forgotten male heroes need to stick together!
    Or Red Beetle (Sara Butters) for a Red and Gold team-up.

Spectacular Member

Himon vs. Himon's own Multiverse version in the Marvel Universe!

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...hed-Comic-Con&

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    I don't think Vixen is an "obscure" character, but I do think she should have a villainess called Murder Hornet. I know it's cliche, but Murder Hornet's specialty would be...MURDER, and as an assassin, she would never use guns or knives. Her weapon of choice would be small stinger darts that release venom into her victims' bodies. She would wear a mask that literally looks like a hornet's head. She'd have artificial wings as well.

While primarily a part of Vixen's Rogues Gallery, Murder Hornet could have a few altercations with Bumblebee as well...

Another villainess in Vixen's Rogues Gallery would be a female character with the combined powers of Mystique, Multiple Man and Rogue. Maybe I'd call her "Viper."
    Murder Hornet? Topical, certainly! But Murder Hornet has a weakness; Raid...

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Murder Hornet? Topical, certainly! But Murder Hornet has a weakness; Raid...
    Nah, Murder Hornet drinks Raid for breakfast! Raid gives her wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiings!
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 05-04-2020 at 03:54 PM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Genius!

Thanks, Sutekh.
    Wow, I haven’t thought of Firehawk in AGES!