Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    In Black Adam's case it is unclear if he is actually still a villain or not. They totally benched Cap and developed Adam. #StillSaltyAboush
    I'd venture to say he's definitely more on the hero side of things, but also he's gained a nuance to his morality (less how he acts than how it's presented, perhaps) that squeaky-Clean Captain Marvel and his edgier replacement Shazam are just not that good at.

Ironically, I think the golden age Captain Marvel Jr, with his relentless drive to kill Nazis and lots of them, might potentially make a better foil to the similarly ruthless but well-intentioned Black Adam. Just a stray thought!
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Poison Ivy should have outgrown Batman but because she's a classic rogue she hangs in there even when it doesnt make sense
    I see what you did there

DC Universe really pushed her in April, and they along with the Injustice 2 mobile pages highlighted her on Earth Day with their "Be Like Poison Ivy" posts: https://twitter.com/TheDCUniverse/st...05645374083075
    https://twitter.com/Injustice2Go/sta...37419915509762

DC Universe Online also added her as a member of the Birds of Prey.

BANNED

With Batman's villains, I get a feeling some of them are made way more sympathetic than they should be because they're depicted as attractive women. Poison Ivy is a really good example, but the biggest, by far, is Harley Quinn. There's also Catwoman, but I can let that one slide a bit. "Coincidentally", they're all given homosexual tendencies as well.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    With Batman's villains, I get a feeling some of them are made way more sympathetic than they should be because they're depicted as attractive women. Poison Ivy is a really good example, but the biggest, by far, is Harley Quinn. There's also Catwoman, but I can let that one slide a bit. "Coincidentally", they're all given homosexual tendencies as well.
    Is that all three are bisexual yes

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Nobody really thinks of Deadshot as a Batman villain anymore. He started off as just another Batman wananbe before Englehart and later John Ostrander and Kim Yale salvaged him and made him awesome in Suicide Squad then later, Gail Simone developed the character further in Secret Six.
    Thats the same with Captain Boomerang he is also mostly a core member of the Suicide Squad, and less a Flash Villain.

Cheshire is also more a general villain then a Titans villain.

The Brother Hood of Evil is also facing other Heroes apart from the Doom Patrol.

Chemo was afaik orginally a Metal Men villian, and is more a general villain now.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I would argue Sinestro and Black Adam are the main two.

Sinestro's antics in the Sinestro War and his solo book helped develop his mythos and showed him getting involved with a lot of the other villains and heroes in the DCU. I feel like he has outgrown Hal Jordan and the GLC. He used to be so lame and such a twirly typical villain that hated Hal. But now, he has bigger goals pass Hal and he's a planetary threat.

Black Adam has become his own over the past couple of years and I agree with him being more interesting than Billy. He has his own space within the DCU and has gotten more exposure from being in events plus he's getting his movie.