Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Wanda is a terrible characther that deserves the deepest parts of comic book limbo, i dont want any pages wasted on redeeming something that has no redemption, other characthers have been praticaly erased for less.
    There's a reason her mcu version is so difrent from her comic version yet so much more popular , its because comic wanda is impossible to fix since she is a rotten characther to her core.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Wanda is a terrible characther that deserves the deepest parts of comic book limbo, i dont want any pages wasted on redeeming something that has no redemption, other characthers have been praticaly erased for less.
    There's a reason her mcu version is so difrent from her comic version yet so much more popular , its because comic wanda is impossible to fix since she is a rotten characther to her core.
    Theres one thing I never understood, the reasion wanda snapped is because the avengers lied to her for years about her kids to keep her on the active roster.... so would it make sence she would hait the avengers more because of that ?

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    They could crush all opposition within mere moments of showing up on the battlefield, and that’s if they don’t decide to do a long-distance stomping.

They can spend the rest of the issue getting lunch and going for a swim after.
    And that's on a period.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Theres one thing I never understood, the reasion wanda snapped is because the avengers lied to her for years about her kids to keep her on the active roster.... so would it make sence she would hait the avengers more because of that ?
    I dont expect consistency from wanda "babies with a robot is a sound course of action for sure" maximmoofkes

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    I always thought that was the reason for Avengers dissasembled, the problema is that when she lost control in HOM she did far more damage to the mutants than to anyone else, Uncanny Avengers didn´t help her case much and then she was no longer a mutant. Most of the Avengers that were killed on AD are back but the mutants are still decimated imo, it will take a coordination between the Avengers and X-men offices to fix this situation.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Wanda every time someone confronts her about the M day

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Lol I love this, poor Wanda
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Wanda every time someone confronts her about the M day

then she cries like a sob the moment her avenger friends come around because everyone must feel sorry for wanda

Storm- leader and weather power house
    Sunspot- hot shot
    Captain Britain- heroic super dude
    Betsy- telepath knight
    Wolverine- gauche hero
    Quicksilver- cocky speedster
    She-Hulk- we gotta have a Hulk

It could be a good balanced team power and personality wise. Good drama and none of the Avengers I never cared for.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Astonishing Member

So what are the odds the avenger get Wanda to house of m them again ?

I'm sick of the back and forth can Wanda just get her fucking squad together throw hands with Exodus and anyone else who has a problem, squash this **** and move on it's tired.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I'm sick of the back and forth can Wanda just get her fucking squad together throw hands with Exodus and anyone else who has a problem, squash this **** and move on it's tired.
    he's a telepath as well and wanda's mind is so frail its not even worth comparing to fresh-eggs, its more like 5 days old scrambled eggs.
    Also his telekinesis, wanda really isnt all that witout doom given power ups

Mighty Member

Uncanny Avengers Gold
    1. Storm
    2. Wonder man
    3. Rictor
    4. Sersi
    5. Exodus
    6.Hummingbird
    7.Synch

Uncanny Avengers Blue
    1. Bishop
    2. Iceman
    3. Firebird
    4. Living Lighting
    5. Synapse
    6. CeCe Reyes
    7. Mercury

on the topic of Wanda.. lets just say I have a few thoughts

imo every terrible/questionable thing Wanda did was the product of editorial mandating, poor writing or a little bit of both. lots of male writers don't know what to do with a powerful female character without inflicting her with heaps of instability or some kind of trauma/psychosis but maybe we aren't ready for that conversation ..... but lets look back on some of the greatest hits:

House of M/No More Mutants = Editorial's decision whether it made sense or not

That bullshit she said to Rogue at Xavier's funeral = totally unwarranted, beyond out of line...but Remender's run on UA was littered with tone-deafness. "Call me Alex" ... unfortunately the subject wasn't approached with nuance the way it deserved to be . Its hard to see it as a reflection of her character because it doesn't feel congruent w/ the Wanda we see through AvX

The Infamous Retcon the destroyed her rep and made the decimation cut even deeper = this is one of the most painfully obvious cases of editorial decisions messing with characterization for no good reason. Wanda should be a mutant, it's how she was written for decades, and theres no reason why this extra vilification was tacked on to her besides what was going on out-of-universe in the movies.

I think the way she's treated by characters in-universe is perfectly understandable and warranted. But as a reader with the privilege of being able to peer behind the curtain and identify the meta-reasoning besides all of these occurrences I can't feel that way myself. I don't see her as an evil or terrible character I see her as an easy "scapegoat" for writers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    on the topic of Wanda.. lets just say I have a few thoughts

imo every terrible/questionable thing Wanda did was the product of editorial mandating, poor writing or a little bit of both. lots of male writers don't know what to do with a powerful female character without inflicting her with heaps of instability or some kind of trauma/psychosis but maybe we aren't ready for that conversation ..... but lets look back on some of the greatest hits:

House of M/No More Mutants = Editorial's decision whether it made sense or not

That bullshit she said to Rogue at Xavier's funeral = totally unwarranted, beyond out of line...but Remender's run on UA was littered with tone-deafness. "Call me Alex" ... unfortunately the subject wasn't approached with nuance the way it deserved to be . Its hard to see it as a reflection of her character because it doesn't feel congruent w/ the Wanda we see through AvX

The Infamous Retcon the destroyed her rep and made the decimation cut even deeper = this is one of the most painfully obvious cases of editorial decisions messing with characterization for no good reason. Wanda should be a mutant, it's how she was written for decades, and theres no reason why this extra vilification was tacked on to her besides what was going on out-of-universe in the movies.

I think the way she's treated by characters in-universe is perfectly understandable and warranted. But as a reader with the privilege of being able to peer behind the curtain and identify the meta-reasoning besides all of these occurrences I can't feel that way myself. I don't see her as an evil or terrible character I see her as an easy "scapegoat" for writers
    see im not a fan of constantly stoping my imersion for one specific characther, yeah thats all true but its still what the characther is: A villain dressed as a hero when you read the x-men books