Default Should the Galavan's and Children of Arkham appear in main continuity?

Two of my favorite story arcs was Theo Galavan and his sister Tabitha in Gotham which I feel didn't live up to it's full potential along with the Children of Arhkam story line in Batman Tell Tale. I know the story of Thomas and Martha has been done before and I think it was retconned as being a lie but I think it'd be interesting to see main canon Bruce react to the Children of Arkham and the revelation his parents had people committed and ruined the lives of anyone who got in their way. I think that'd be interesting to see here's my idea Theo and Tabitha form an alliance with Cobblepot (since in the comics he has a vendetta against the Waynes for similar reasons) and Oswald is the first villain of the arc acting as the face for the children of Arkham and provides a bigger challenge for Batman than usual and it's revealed by the end that Penguin was so much harder to catch because his involvement was so personal and he doesn't talk or sell out his partners because of how personal it is for him.

Then Silver St. Could comes back into Bruce's life and plays the role of Vicki Vale as Lady Arkham. Here's my idea Theo plays the villain for the majority of the arc pretending to be Bruce's friend along with Tabitha eventually trying to steal everything from Bruce and taking on the Azrael mantel to fight him until Bruce takes them down but not before getting blindsided by Silver who reveals herself as Theo and Tabitha's partner and another victim of the Wayne's corruption.

I just think that'd be an interesting adaptation and I'd like to see Silver return as Lady Arkham because I think that'd be a punch to the gut betrayal for Bruce in the comics given their history and I think his feelings would be very mixed if his parents were guilty of the things they were in Tell Tale. I'd also like a story line like this because we get so much focus on his "Batman" side we don't really see much of his Bruce side and I really think a story that focus's on Bruce Wayne the man would be very enjoyable especially if the focus of the story was that he was facing an enemy Batman could not defeat like the press, social media, slamming him constantly forcing him to have to be Bruce more to do damage control and I like this idea because depending on how it's done attacking Bruce's image so personally would be a good way to disarm Batman like the board voting to remove him during scandal and the government freezing his assets.

Also the after math alone would be interesting from Bruce reconciling learning his parents did love him but were still criminals to learning how much damage their actions caused. That and it'd be nice to see the Order of Saint Dumas have some attention again like maybe they acted as an or ran an orphanage that took Theo and Tabitha in and served as the driving force behind the Children of Arkham's rage and revenge. That kind of premise would be a good way to bring in new and revamped villains who could be children of Arkham that want revenge on Bruce for what his parents did.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

You gave me an idea. I'd love for all the guys who hate the Waynes on a personal level to team up in a reallyreally long arc: Penguin, Hush, Black Mask

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    You gave me an idea. I'd love for all the guys who hate the Waynes on a personal level to team up in a reallyreally long arc: Penguin, Hush, Black Mask
    That'd be epic as hell like the first part being Theo recuiting them having the villains go after Batman as he befriends Bruce Wayne and steadily Theo paints himself as a hero by being the one to stop the villains (part of the plan of course) to make Batman look inferior and like a fool and then the second part Theo and Tabitha go after Bruce as the public starts questioning it's need for Batman and Bruce finds himself blindsided when Silver returns making him feel safe but then Lady Arkham surfaces and exposes the sins of the Wayne Family which puts the spot light on Bruce and not in a good way the second act closes with Bruce publicly stepping down and Theo taking control of his company at this time Theo is elected Mayor and declares Batman public enemy number one and announces a full investigation into Bruce while still acting like his friend. Bruce starts to slowly realize Theo is the bad guy when Silver injects him with a drug that makes him publicly lose his temper and Bruce ends up locked in Arkham with the villains he's taken down and it's revealed that was the plan from the start locking Bruce in with the Children of Arkham as he's stripped of his resources as Bruce and Batman.

Act three begins with Bruce finally fighting his way out of Arkham but when he gets out to Gotham he finds it under Mayor Theo Galavan's control and as soon as Bruce escapes he is declared a fugitive and is hunted as both Bruce and Batman (while the public doesn't know he's both) I think this would be interesting because this way other heroes could go after him especially if they think he's finally lost it. I think a story arc like that where the tension and stakes just keep building and everyone is against Bruce would be epic. Especially if the theme of it was that Batman couldn't beat Theo but Bruce Wayne could like Bruce has a final confrontation where he goads him into confessing and after they fight in a office or something Bruce reveals he's recorded everything and tricked Theo into confessing then as Batman he faces off against Theo as Azrael and Silver as Lady Arkham.

Incredible Member

Yes definitely. Always in favor of incorporating the "Everything Happened Everything Counts" approach to canon/continuity.

I think Rachel Dawes should be added into the "Year One"-verse as well.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gregpersons View Post
    Yes definitely. Always in favor of incorporating the "Everything Happened Everything Counts" approach to canon/continuity.

I think Rachel Dawes should be added into the "Year One"-verse as well.
    It only works if your name is Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    It only works if your name is Grant Morrison
    And even then, it still requires ignoring a number of things that directly contradict others (Jason Todd's pre and post Crisis origins for example).