Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Marvel and DC switch plot device items

The Marvel universe and the DC universe switch all plot device items, what happens?

Scenario 1: Same as above.

Scenario 2: Same as 1 only except it includes the power cosmic.

Thor is really going to miss his hammer.

I want to see who all is chosen for getting GL rings.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    I want to see who all is chosen for getting GL rings.
    Captain America gets chosen by both a Blue Lantern ring and Green Lantern ring.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

1. SHIELD gets the Phantom Zone projector and decides it's a good way to exile super-villains. Or Doctor Doom gets it and uses it to rid himself of all who would prevent him from conquering the world.

2. Not sure how well the Marvel universe will hold together without the Power Cosmic. Maybe it becomes like the Dark Dimension and other mystical realms? Then again, maybe the Oan Power Battery and Green Lantern rings can make up the difference? Perhaps the Celestials get ahold of the Battery and Rings so they can continue their cosmic duties?

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    1. SHIELD gets the Phantom Zone projector and decides it's a good way to exile super-villains. Or Doctor Doom gets it and uses it to rid himself of all who would prevent him from conquering the world.

2. Not sure how well the Marvel universe will hold together without the Power Cosmic. Maybe it becomes like the Dark Dimension and other mystical realms? Then again, maybe the Oan Power Battery and Green Lantern rings can make up the difference? Perhaps the Celestials get ahold of the Battery and Rings so they can continue their cosmic duties?
    I never read anything that made the power cosmic as anything than a particular thing, something the marvel universe didn't need to fuction, why do you think otherwise?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirika View Post
    I never read anything that made the power cosmic as anything than a particular thing, something the marvel universe didn't need to fuction, why do you think otherwise?
    My thought was, what happens to guys like Galactus and the Celestials when they no longer have the Power Cosmic? They become big humanoids with supremely advanced technology. Or so I would guess. And presumably, they need Power Cosmic to do their job/function in the multiversal hierarchy. Presumably.

Anyway, if you took their Power Cosmic, guys like that would be severely weakened and reduced. And guys like Dormammu and other mystical lords of chaos would still be at their usual power level.

So my guess is that all those giant cosmic immortal guys would be looking for a replacement fix. Essentially, they'd need a new drug or the material universe would get invaded, conquered, transformed by sorcerous bad guys from mystical hell-realms.

The Power Battery of Oa seems like a nice substitute, though.

There's also the question of just what, exactly, these cosmic guys actually do that keeps the universe functioning, and all the ways the universe might change if they each became cosmically depowered.
    Last edited by Shai-Hulud; 04-27-2020 at 12:39 PM.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Power Cosmic isn't an item. That would seem exclude it from the OP.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Power Cosmic isn't an item. That would seem exclude it from the OP.
    Scenario #2:

Quote Originally Posted by Kirika View Post
    Scenario 2: Same as 1 only except it includes the power cosmic.

Luthor is totally going to start making all his "kill Superman" robots out of adamantium.

But what would they make Wolverine's skeleton out of in the DC Universe?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Scenario #2:
    Teaches me to, you know, read.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Luthor is totally going to start making all his "kill Superman" robots out of adamantium.

But what would they make Wolverine's skeleton out of in the DC Universe?
    Promethium, I guess. But would there even be a Wolverine in the DCU? Does DC have any mutants, aside from Captain Comet? I guess it wouldn't need to be a mutant, just somebody with a strong enough healing factor to survive the skeletal bonding process.
    Last edited by Shellhead; 04-29-2020 at 09:01 AM.

Promethium, I guess. But would there even be a Wolverine in the DCU? Does DC have any mutants, aside from Captain Comet? I guess it wouldn't need to be a mutant, just somebody with a strong enough healing factor to survive the skeletal bonding process.
    I think my meaning came off a bit wrong. If the DC and Marvel Universes switched plot device stuff, that means there's no adamatium anymore to make Logan's skeleton out of. So what from the DC Universe could they use?

Although now that you mention it, this does also mean there's nothing stopping some DC mad genius from starting up his own Weapon X Project.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I think my meaning came off a bit wrong. If the DC and Marvel Universes switched plot device stuff, that means there's no adamatium anymore to make Logan's skeleton out of. So what from the DC Universe could they use?

Although now that you mention it, this does also mean there's nothing stopping some DC mad genius from starting up his own Weapon X Project.
    To avoid legal hassles, DC would need to call it something else. Weapon M? Weapon W? The Snikt Project?

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    To avoid legal hassles, DC would need to call it something else. Weapon M? Weapon W? The Snikt Project?
    Weapon LEX.