Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by magha_regulus View Post
    I'm not really a fan of Kon, but here's how I'd handle him
    1: I'd go the New 52 route and make him a clone of Lois and Clark's son, but have Luthor be behind his existence.
    2: I'd have his playboy/badboy characteristics be a result of Lex's early programming
    3: He'd rebel against Lex due to the influence of Superman and Jon and he'd be rehabilitated. He and Jon would grow to become friendly rivals who loved and respected each other like true brothers. Kon would always have a chip on his shoulder and constantly struggle with the fact that he was created to be a weapon of Luthor's
    4: He would never be able to fully mature and would be stuck at a teenage level because of a genetic flaw that Luthor couldn't figure out. Lex corrected most of the errors he made with Bizarro, but Kon's inability to ever really mature would be one of the flaws that have yet to be solved.
    5: He'd have a soft spot in his heart for Bizarro who he'd view as a big brother. He'd be the one in the Superman family who had the most compassion for him and Kon would try his best to rehabilitate and defend Bizarro. He'd see Bizarro as what he could have become. They'd really understand each other on a deep level.
    6: Through Kon's influence, Jon would strive to become his own type of Superman.
    7: He and Damian would despise one another. Their mutual cockyness would rub each other the wrong way and they'd be a bit jealous of the other's friendship with Jon but would never admit it or consciously realize that's what's going on with them subconsciously
    8: He'd be a supergenius like every other Kryptonian and this would add to his style of cockyness. He'd be somewhat similar to Brainiac 2 in this way.
    9: Speaking of Brainiac 2, he'd be Kon's major nemesis.
    10: I'd let him keep the current look

That's all I've got for now. What do you think?
    Actually some things:

1.) I really HATE the idea of him being never able to grow up..
    Its especially annoying in YJ TV SERIES where we finally get a Conner who is older than 20, but he is the Version who never grows up.

2.) Jon is much younger than him, so he cant influence him.
    As far as I understood the timeline as it should be than Conner would be 16 YEARS OLDER than him, given that Conner and Jon were born closely at the same time (after Clark "died" against Doomsday)

3.) I actually dont like that Conner should influence Jon to become Superman..
    I always liked more to see Superboy like Robin...
    So Conner is Dick so he is the first one and then he gives the mantle to Jon and is the older brother to him...

4.) I actually DIDNT speak about rewriting his history, but his FUTURE.

5.) Actually reducing Conner to one character trait makes no sense for me, since he experienced so much in his life:
    -Tana Moons Death
    -being a Clone
    -his own death
    -his possible future (ToT)
    -him being a clone of Lex and Clark

This actually gives plenty of space and many years of possible writing and development..
    Last edited by Masterff; 05-01-2020 at 06:07 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Conner should be a celebrity hero,just bring that back. He would be a city Guy.Take him back to his roots. Conner should be a playboy, damn good with the ladies or atleast he tries to be. He should have a dirty mouth as well. He is the cool dude. I would also have him pick up smoking . As for politics, i don't think conner will be interested. He is more into saving people and looking good at the same time for the ladies. Conner should be kinda vain, but in a good way.He would be good with coming up plans on the spot.Essentially, conner would be more like johny storm of superman family, mixed with sanji and james bond.
    Sounds like dick greyson minus the dirty mouth. And no offense but your Conner sounds like a douche and a lame ass pleb. That is why I hated his 90s pre character development side.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Conner and Jon have the same father, but different "mother".

I use the Bat-Family as symbolic figures:

Clark equivalent to Bruce (mentors, started family, most experienced one)
    Kara equivalent to Barbara
    Jon hasnt an equivalent, since neither Damian, nor Jason match him perfectly.
    Conner is equivalent to Dick (so he is the oldest one, the guy who has the same abilities like the mentor...)

So if you consider Clark as Strongman, than Conner is also a Strongman, who might not be as strong as Clark, but he instead of this has also other abilities like throwing knives and is the modern, better looking Version of it.

Its like I said the Nightwing of the Super-Family:
    -similar abilities to the mentor (but shifted-Dick is more acrobatic and maybe faster than Bruce....so I imagine Clark being stronger than Conner, but Conner being more versatile thanks to TTK and more durable)
    -being the one who could replace Clark, because he has same abilities
    -being the cooler, better looking, more charismatic team-player version of Clark.
    -Conner can be slightly slimmer than Clark (Dick is also slimmer than Bruce)

Nightwing and Batman are similar in the sense that they both can do similar things, but I have always seen Nightwing as the "modern", "cooler", "more likeable" interpretation of Batman.

So basically I see Conner as the younger, cooler, version of Clark with different look on the world..
    Its like as if you take NEW52 Superman (Conner) and Pre-Flashpoint Superman (Clark)
    or Batman (Clark) to Nightwing (Conner)
    Nightwing will never take the coolness prize from Batman, Batman is the cool god, nightwing is just the 2and runner up that imitates Batmans alphabets due to being raised and funded by Batmans resources and training to project what ever role he plays for Batman.

Conner is not cool, Impulse was cooler than him, so him being cooler than the greatest superhero on the planet is not fucking possible.

BANNED

What the hell do people want cocky jerks as ladies men. That's such a unrealistic and shitty male fantasy to write women being, it also promotes women abuse and men stereotypes of being loose dicks who think being a crude jackass is what women in to, yet the biggest heroines in the dc universe hate those kinds men unless they are written with low self esteem and no real dignity.

Womanizer/Playboy = a bitchy little jock. Wheres the appeal or fun in that? At least for Nightwing, at least hes a nice guy and doesnt brag about being cool. You guys have weird tastes in wish fufillment.
    Last edited by SpideyCeo; 05-02-2020 at 08:01 AM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyCeo View Post
    Sounds like dick greyson minus the dirty mouth. And no offense but your Conner sounds like a douche and a lame ass pleb. That is why I hated his 90s pre character development side.
    Dick grayson is what i was going for in being vain department.
    You do know sanji gets rejected almost, always. But, that doesn’t mean the guy isn't written well or in a way that can't be considered cool. You need to understand difference between the character type and actual writing for him.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 05-03-2020 at 02:20 AM.

What the hell do people want cocky jerks as ladies men. That's such a unrealistic and shitty male fantasy to write women being, it also promotes women abuse and men stereotypes of being loose dicks who think being a crude jackass is what women in to, yet the biggest heroines in the dc universe hate those kinds men unless they are written with low self esteem and no real dignity.

Womanizer/Playboy = a bitchy little jock. Wheres the appeal or fun in that? At least for Nightwing, at least hes a nice guy and doesnt brag about being cool. You guys have weird tastes in wish fufillment.
    I'm gonna assume you never read his original appearance during the Reign of Supermen, or any material from his 100 issue run while in Hawaii...

Because that's the playful cockiness people are referring too. He was always genuine, kind and big hearted but had a lot of fun confidence and playful attitude...

No one is suggesting some hateful womanizing jerk...

Hell Dick... Nightwing has fucked everything that moves it would seem in the DCU and he's your go to for nice guy... he's clearly a player.
    Last edited by Menacer; 05-03-2020 at 03:35 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
    I'm gonna assume you never read his original appearance during the Reign of Supermen, or any material from his 100 issue run while in Hawaii...

Because that's the playful cockiness people are referring too. He was always genuine, kind and big hearted but had a lot of fun confidence and playful attitude...

No one is suggesting some hateful womanizing jerk...

he's your go to for nice guy... he's clearly a player.
    Yes-especially bad was the one situation where Barbara Gordon came to his appartment and Starfire opened the door while he was under the shower and Barbara left crying.

In TT and also ToT Conner was ALWAYS together with Cassie and the 2 had a good relationship.

The change in personality was actually good (even if I think that it should be a balanced version between Kessel and Johns Versions).
    At some point Conner stopped being cool and became actually more annoying and I hated that Batman began to see him only as troublemaker and clown, when he was around Cassandra Cain.

So I really really PREFER his TT Counterpart who has more Superpowers and was respected by other heroes as well and was stronger, more durable etc.

I really hope that there will be some timeskip or so when 5G is coming, so we have the chance to see an ADULT Conner..

I personally strictly prefer him to Jon, since Conner has more stories, has also TTK and is simply the more interesting character who can go in all directions:
    From Hero to Villain to Antihero

I was always hoping that Conner (with the help of his TTK and trough training) Conner has the chance to surpass Clark...

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Nightwing will never take the coolness prize from Batman, Batman is the cool god, nightwing is just the 2and runner up that imitates Batmans alphabets due to being raised and funded by Batmans resources and training to project what ever role he plays for Batman.

Conner is not cool, Impulse was cooler than him, so him being cooler than the greatest superhero on the planet is not fucking possible.
    Right, nightwing imitates batman. Get outta here with that one. Weren't you the one talking about how womaniser's are bad? Talk about double standards.Batman is a jackass with woman and his children. The guy has some real issues. As if bruce has anything going for him other than what his parents left him. Dick will always be a better person.

Batman being the greatest superhero on the planet is laughable at best. Good joke.