Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    For a while, by the time Scarlet Spider started hanging out with the team he'd cooled back down again and during his tint on the Avengers, he was a cheerfully enthusiast fanboy.
    Which Scarlet Spider? Ben Reilly or Kaine Parker?

That being said, I can respect Justice's stance on accepting his lawful punishment after killing his abusive father (in self-defense and by accident): "Just because I have powers that make it easy for me to ignore the law --- doesn't mean I should." Something like that. Mad respect to him for that, and also for calling out the Avengers (specifically, Captain America and Iron Man) for treating the New Warriors as "a tarnished brand" when they were the ones who split the entire superhero community into a civil war over a political disagreement.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

There was also that crossover New Warriors had with XForce.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Yeah maybe with X-Men training he could have become much more powerful. He kinda learnt everything by himself, right?

He and Firestar and Butter Rum could have become great under X-Men tutelage.
    So when is Emma gonna give the girl a new horse?...
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I honestly don't know, the little I know about him is that he supports the government in every superhero event there is.
    But never really in a way that directly impacts Mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But never really in a way that directly impacts Mutants.
    He was actually fighting on Captain America's side against registration in the original Civil War until Cap surrendered at the end. Then he accepted a government pardon and went to work for the Fifty-State Initiative, though he left after discovering that they'd covered up the death of a trainee by cloning him and created more clones of said trainee to use in covert ops, not to mention the other shady stuff authorized by Henry Peter Gyrich at the time. As a result of this, he formed Counter-Force to hold them accountable from the outside, which later became the Avengers Resistance when Norman Osborn took over during Dark Reign.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Yeah maybe with X-Men training he could have become much more powerful. He kinda learnt everything by himself, right?

He and Firestar and Butter Rum could have become great under X-Men tutelage.
    LOL...

I would love to see him get training from Jean on how to use his powers better.

Last time they encounter each other Jean over did it a little bit.
    20200427_205215.jpg
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 04-27-2020 at 06:55 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The Year 3000 Captain America can get that ass BANNED from Krakoa.
    Tell me more
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    That's great!

I'd really love to see Vance interact with more mutants.

The only other time I can think of is the Forever Yesterday alt world.
    Soooo I'm reading this Forever Yesterday story and it is....uh... pretty entertaining lol
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    LOL...

I would love to see him get training from Jean on how to use his powers better.

Last time they encounter each other Jean over did it a little bit.
    20200427_205215.jpg
    Yeah between Jean, Psylocke and Rachel they could give him some pretty nice training on TK. Hellion reached subatomic TK with time, he could do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    So when is Emma gonna give the girl a new horse?...
    She has to earn it first.

I really like Vance, especially during the early part of the New Warriors. He was like me and was the perfect contrast to the other three guy's personalities. He was more leave-headed and sensible. Unfortunately, the New Warriors rarely, if ever, dealt with anti-mutant hysteria back in the 90's, even though they had four mutants on the team at a time (Vance, Angel, Nita (before she found out she was a clone) and Silhouette).
    I did like the way his powers grew over time, but it's hard to gauge how powerful he is now compared to out telekinetics in the X-Men. Of choose he less so than Jean, Rachel or Exodus, but compared to Hellion, I don't know. I feel that Nicieza was the only writer that was interested on his power developments. On the Avengers, he was too busy being a fan and on the later New Warriors incarnations, he was too busy leading the next gen heroes.
    I wished writers showed his views on mutant issues, though. I can't wait to see if the latest New Warriors mention Krakoa, but if it will, it will probably come from Firestar, because it looks like Vance will only make a minor appearance before flying off to who knows where.

Vance should abandon the Justice moniker and go with another name.

Marvel Man? meh

Vance Astro? Astrovix? He could be the 616 version, give him an "X" shield. David Christopher Bank could be the "Marvel Boy" living at The Sextant.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    I really like Vance, especially during the early part of the New Warriors. He was like me and was the perfect contrast to the other three guy's personalities. He was more leave-headed and sensible. Unfortunately, the New Warriors rarely, if ever, dealt with anti-mutant hysteria back in the 90's, even though they had four mutants on the team at a time (Vance, Angel, Nita (before she found out she was a clone) and Silhouette).
    I did like the way his powers grew over time, but it's hard to gauge how powerful he is now compared to out telekinetics in the X-Men. Of choose he less so than Jean, Rachel or Exodus, but compared to Hellion, I don't know. I feel that Nicieza was the only writer that was interested on his power developments. On the Avengers, he was too busy being a fan and on the later New Warriors incarnations, he was too busy leading the next gen heroes.
    I wished writers showed his views on mutant issues, though. I can't wait to see if the latest New Warriors mention Krakoa, but if it will, it will probably come from Firestar, because it looks like Vance will only make a minor appearance before flying off to who knows where.
    I can agree with your disappointment that the New Warriors didn't deal more, if at all, with anti-mutant prejudice, given that they were put together specifically to fight the fights that the "big-time" heroes like the Avengers and Fantastic Four wouldn't touch for whatever reason. A superhero team not primarily consisting of mutants nonetheless fighting for mutants' rights would have been right up that alley.

He's not even Hellion's level

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    He's not even Hellion's level
    I'm not sure if that's an insult or not. LOL
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

At least Vance still has his hands.
    "Cable was right!"