Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Sentry vs Thanos

So since the Sentry and the Void have become one and obtained both of their power sets while seemingly obtaining resistance to telepathy, how would a fight between these two go down now?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

It was a close fight before he got upgraded.

One of the first things he does as Merged Sentry is beat up a guy as strong as his old self. More recently, he mailed BRB and tore open an enormous portal in space with his bare hands.

He can manipulate reality with his nightmares and such.
    Personally, I think he takes Thanos in a 1v1.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    It was a close fight before he got upgraded.

One of the first things he does as Merged Sentry is beat up a guy as strong as his old self. More recently, he mailed BRB and tore open an enormous portal in space with his bare hands.

He can manipulate reality with his nightmares and such.
    Personally, I think he takes Thanos in a 1v1.
    Mailed BRB?

What did he mail him?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Mailed BRB?

What did he mail him?
    An ass whooping :P
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Mailed BRB?

What did he mail him?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    An ass whooping :P
    Ah, so in Rumbles terms, Sentry vs BRB is a postage stomp.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Ah, so in Rumbles terms, Sentry vs BRB is a postage stomp.
    Bob is just trying to support the postal industry in these tough economic times.
    - big_adventure

He’s the total package.

Astonishing Member

Just the bit where Lord Sentry (the Void manifestation who became self-appointed warlord of the advancing Cancerverse forces despite not being native to their universe) was stated to be physically on the winning side of the tug of war when he was tackled at once by Gladiator, Beta Ray Bill, Quasar, Captain Marvel, Smasher and Darkhawk (and could be assumed to be at least distracted by the rest of Nova's forces being ordered to attack him as one, Nova at least was shown trying to join in before the Void heat vision'd him away), in the relatively brief time it took Silver Sentry to gather his thoughts and shoot himself at the guy, seemed to me like something Thanos would find himself tangling with.

And then that Void was re-merged to build up the current black haired Sentry here.

So I don't think Thanos wins either, unless he has amps.

Why does Marvel keep giving sentry power up after power up?

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Why does Marvel keep giving sentry power up after power up?
    Rcause he is their Duper Man. Just not as likable.

I'm personally leaning to that wait a minute you guys, this is the Bad Place.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    Just the bit where Lord Sentry (the Void manifestation who became self-appointed warlord of the advancing Cancerverse forces despite not being native to their universe) was stated to be physically on the winning side of the tug of war when he was tackled at once by Gladiator, Beta Ray Bill, Quasar, Captain Marvel, Smasher and Darkhawk (and could be assumed to be at least distracted by the rest of Nova's forces being ordered to attack him as one, Nova at least was shown trying to join in before the Void heat vision'd him away), in the relatively brief time it took Silver Sentry to gather his thoughts and shoot himself at the guy, seemed to me like something Thanos would find himself tangling with.

And then that Void was re-merged to build up the current black haired Sentry here.

So I don't think Thanos wins either, unless he has amps.
    OT, but how powerful is Darkhawk, anyways? I only read anything with him back in the 90s, and always assumed that he was more in the neighborhood of the likes of Spider-Man and Venom rather than Gladiator and Quasar.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I'm personally leaning to that wait a minute you guys, this is the Bad Place.
    I'm pretty sure that the term "Hell on Earth" has been becoming increasingly redundant starting around 20 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    OT, but how powerful is Darkhawk, anyways? I only read anything with him back in the 90s, and always assumed that he was more in the neighborhood of the likes of Spider-Man and Venom rather than Gladiator and Quasar.
    He got a vague and nebulous power up and massive retcon of his origins and etc. during War of Kings in a misguided effort to try to push him in the way Nova got from Annihilation.

Oh so Sentry is back into full god-mode sue wank territory again.

So glad I'm not reading comics anymore.