Astonishing Member

Default Working From Home/Remote Learning Thread

This thread is primarily for those who are employed or going to school(or both) but have been forced to do either of those things remotely due to the circumstances relating to the pandemic. What’s the experience like for you? Please detail your experiences in this thread.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

It's a challenge. Time management, distractions, separating home responsibilities from work responsibilities. Still trying to get a handle on doing it well.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Boisterously Confused

I'm a professor. Adapting my research collaboration and instruction to online on the fly was not easy. I probably wasted nearly a week just figuring out what not to do. The distraction stuff is happening here too, but I wonder how much of that the laundry being nearby and how much of it is me needing some exposure to a traditional workplace to inspire focus.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Now, I know of a single mom who has to teach her 2 children at home (first and sixth grade). Its Germany but... doing Latin,Math,English,German,Music homework 5 days a week while being 7 months pregnant with twins... doing household stuff on top. I offered my help and she declined. Probably because she thinks she'd owe me. I'd do the same (decline) if I were her.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I was never a fan of teleworking as I prefer keeping my work life and home life separate, so having to work from my house has made for a challenge, especially when it comes to dealing with distractions. I enjoying being at the office, talking sports with friends, heck, I don't even mind the 45 minute commute there and back. I for one can't wait to go back to the office.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!