Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    ComiXology, usually $0.99 per issue.
    Thank you, I will check it out.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Looks like more Man of Tomorrow is coming: https://www.instagram.com/p/CFPRBZvB...=1ngv9qxo4qkhk
    Dunno if it will be a new writer or not.
    Indeed! I think it's a new writer, though, as the artist (V. Ken Marion, who did a great issue of the Batman: Gotham Nights digital series) tagged writer Stephanie Phillips (who wrote a great story in the DC Cybernetic Summer anthology a few months ago).

Quote Originally Posted by Laufeyson View Post
    Thank you, I will check it out.
    You should - it's been very enjoyable!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Looks like more Man of Tomorrow is coming: https://www.instagram.com/p/CFPRBZvB...=1ngv9qxo4qkhk
    Dunno if it will be a new writer or not.
    https://www.comixology.com/Superman-...l-comic/891847

Superman: Man of Tomorrow #16
    Written by Kenny Porter
    Pencils Scott Kolins
    Digital Release Date 28 September 2020

Superman is having nightmares, dreams of pain and destruction and he can’t understand why. That is until Darkseid comes to Metropolis and plans to use the Anti-Life equation to subjugate the universe, starting with Superman and his city! It’ll take every ounce of power Clark possesses in order to stop the mad despot from Apokolips!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Man View Post

Written by Kenny Porter
    Pencils Scott Kolins

Superman is having nightmares, dreams of pain and destruction and he can’t understand why. That is until Darkseid comes to Metropolis and plans to use the Anti-Life equation to subjugate the universe, starting with Superman and his city! It’ll take every ounce of power Clark possesses in order to stop the mad despot from Apokolips!
    Looks like his main work has been in indies and in a few DC anthologies. If DC wants to use the digital series as testing grounds for new talent I’m all for it. That’s how I learned about Joe Keatinge after all.

Written by Kenny Porter
    Pencils Scott Kolins

Rescheduled for 30 September 2020.

Well that's just dumb. If it came out today, it would've attracted more discussion. Instead, it's out the same day as Marvel's comics, along with those from most other publishers. Wednesday is the worst possible choice of release day for a digital exclusive comic.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Solid issue, I enjoyed it, but the story was not really surprising. I think I would have enjoyed it more if I hadn't read the add before. The art was great.

By the way, the next issue is already announced:

Superman: Man of Tomorrow #17
    Written by
    Josh Trujillo
    Pencils V Ken Marion
    Digital Release Date 12 October 2020

A hostage situation at a hospital calls for Superman to negotiate and bring an end to the dire setting. But when he learns why he’s been called, he’ll need to make a choice to give in to the criminal’s demands or risk everyone’s lives in the process!

https://www.comixology.com/Superman-...l-comic/894608

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

an enjoyable read. It is a bit of conventional story but the writer did manage to make the dialogues and intensions enjoyable.
    [Spoiler] I love when Superman doing the impossible. not only did he manage save the innocents but also defeated Darkseid[/Spoiler]
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Solid issue, I enjoyed it, but the story was not really surprising. I think I would have enjoyed it more if I hadn't read the add before. The art was great.

Written by
    Josh Trujillo
    Pencils V Ken Marion

A hostage situation at a hospital calls for Superman to negotiate and bring an end to the dire setting. But when he learns why he’s been called, he’ll need to make a choice to give in to the criminal’s demands or risk everyone’s lives in the process!

I do not understand this release schedule. Not even on the same day of the week.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I do not understand this release schedule. Not even on the same day of the week.
    Issues 1 to 15 were released (more or less weekly) on Monday and last issue was announced to be released also on Monday but later rescheluded to Wednesday. It's possible that they want to stick with mondays (every two weeks?).

Written by
    Josh Trujillo
    Pencils V Ken Marion

Rescheduled for tomorrow 13 October 2020.

Written by
    Josh Trujillo
    Pencils V Ken Marion

Rescheduled again for 15 October 2020.

Another solid issue. I loved how Superman resolved the situation and the ending. I'm missing some long-term menace in the background, as we had during Venditti's run, but at least it's being fun.

As before, the next issue is already announced:

Superman: Man of Tomorrow #18
    Written by Brandon Thomas
    Pencils Christian Duce
    Digital Release Date 26 October 2020

The Fortress of Solitude turns against Superman! Stripped of his powers, the Last Son of Krypton will need to use every piece of technology and mystery within the fortress to stay alive and find the criminal who broke in and overtook it!

https://www.comixology.com/Superman-...l-comic/898151

Another solid issue. I loved how Superman resolved the situation and the ending. I'm missing some long-term menace in the background, as we had during Venditti's run, but at least it's being fun.

As before, the next issue is already announced:

Superman: Man of Tomorrow #18
    Written by Brandon Thomas
    Pencils Christian Duce
    Digital Release Date 26 October 2020

The Fortress of Solitude turns against Superman! Stripped of his powers, the Last Son of Krypton will need to use every piece of technology and mystery within the fortress to stay alive and find the criminal who broke in and overtook it!

https://www.comixology.com/Superman-...l-comic/898151
    The ending was very sad and Superman.

I gotta say, I'm bummed that they're not doing a batch of these by one writer again.

Read the Phillips and Marion issue. I thought that was great! Kinda wish they were on the book long term. Phillips has a good handle on Clark’s voice and Marion draws a really kinetic comic. They’d be a good team for a “young” Superman story. Get props from me for using Sawyer too.

Edit: Looks like Stephanie Phillips is writing that Future State Harley Quinn book. Might check that out, hopefully it’s good and will lead to more work for her at DC.
    Last edited by Vordan; 10-18-2020 at 02:49 AM.