Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Star Trek, The Sopranos, The Godfather, the Marvel films after Civil War, and probably a few more.

Retired

After awhile you get a bit of pride in not having seen something and you don't want to break your perfect record. Anyway, I know that watching something like BREAKING BAD is going to be a major investment of time--because of course I'm going to binge the whole thing--so I need to have blocked out the space for doing that.

I have a lot of other things I'm trying to get through right now. And right now, in isolation, I find what I want is comfort food for the soul--so lots of familiar things, the kinds of movies and TV shows that always made me feel safe and secure.

And I'd bet I've seen whopping amounts of movies and TV shows that no one else on here has seen--so it's not like I'm living in a cultural wasteland.

Astonishing Member

Never seen E.T. even as a kid the plot of the movie seemed so obvious, why waste the time. Of course I have seen scenes but I have never watched the movie. While I wouldn't say these are beloved but I have never sat through any Adam Sandler film either. For me he will forever be Stick pin Quinn on "Remote control" but I don't do many comedies, haven't done Napolean Dynamite either.

Movies: West Side Story, A Streetcar Named Desire, The Ten Commandments, Casablanca, the Harry Potter series, the Lord Of The Rings series (except one), the Fast & Furious series, most of the Marvel movies, Titanic, Austin Powers series, the Pixar movies, Back To The Future series, Rambo series, Indiana Jones series, most of the old Disney animated movies.

TV: Law & Order, Friends, Seinfeld, Gray's Anatomy, the Sopranos, the Larry Sanders Show, the Larry David Show, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, Fargo, Breaking Bad, Ozzie & Harriet, Bones, Dawson's Creek.

Extraordinary Member

Gone with the Wind, Citizen Kane, Psycho (saw the shower scene but that's it)

I have yet to watch "On the Waterfront" in its entirety. Caught parts of it but something always came up to where I couldn't finish it.

None of the Harry Potter or Twilight movies. Not into the MCU movies, Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Avengers: Age of Ultron are the only ones. AoU sort of turned me off on them.
    Only Spider-Man movie I saw was the first one. I guess most anything Marvel based. (Have seen most of the DC movies) None of the Child's Play movies. None of the Fast and Furious movies.
    None of the Transformer movies.

Movies: The Godfather movies. Virtually any movie except Psycho and Casablanca (blech film) filmed in black and white as I just can't stand watching without color. The Goonies. Gone With the Wind. Wizard of Oz (I've seen bits of it but never the whole thing). The Sound of Music.

TV: Sopranos (watched the first episode and didn't go on). The Wire (quit halfway through the first episode). Community. Parks and Recreation. Mad Men. Friends (I've seen parts but never a whole episode). Seinfeld (seen parts but never a whole ep).

I've never seen a Kurosawa film. Raging Bull, Mad Max: Fury Road, Do the Right Thing, 8 1/2, Bicycle Thieves, Blazing Saddles, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind are just a few of the movies that I'm most upset to not have seen yet. Once my school work is done on Friday, I'm going to start taking a hammer to my "Want to see" list.

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    Absolutely loads.

Films: The Godfather films, Saving Private Ryan, Citizen Kane. I haven't seen any of the Pirates Of The Caribbean series, or the Fast And The Furious, never seen a Rocky film all the way through, The French Connection, any film that's ever won a Best Picture Oscar EVER, My Fair Lady, any other musical for that matter.

TV Shows: never sat through a single episode of any soap opera, Game Of Thrones, Breaking Bad, M.A.S.H., Mad Men, Downton Abbey, The Sopranos.
    I feel like there's no way that's possible unless you actively try to not see movies that win Best Picture. It's such a diverse set of films that I think you'd have to have seen at least one just by accident.

friends, any Law and Order, OG LOTR trilogy I fell asleep watching all of them.

Also wanna add the Goonies. Somehow, I just can't get myself to seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton View Post
    Also wanna add the Goonies. Somehow, I just can't get myself to seeing it.
    I have and also never seen it, but I have heard that it is a movie you need to see as a kid or you won't get it. I've been putting it off for that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    I have and also never seen it, but I have heard that it is a movie you need to see as a kid or you won't get it. I've been putting it off for that reason.
    I was a kid when it came out. In hindsight from what I hear it sounds like the kind of movie that a kid like me back then (nerdy) would have loved. Yet I didn't see it then and still never have.

I've never seen a Kurosawa film. Raging Bull, Mad Max: Fury Road, Do the Right Thing, 8 1/2, Bicycle Thieves, Blazing Saddles, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind are just a few of the movies that I'm most upset to not have seen yet. Once my school work is done on Friday, I'm going to start taking a hammer to my "Want to see" list.
    I doubt many English-speaking people who aren't film buffs have seen 8 1/2 or Bicycle Thieves.

Or really any of the foreign-language canon.

"Goonies" is just silly - there's no point in watching it now or ever - and I was the target audience at the time. (not the best depictions of the fat kid or the asian kid either, from what I recall) I've never been a fan of precocious children in movies (except Hit-Girl I guess) ... or in real life either, for that matter. Or children as the heroes in general. It's why I stopped watching "Stranger Things" when I realized the show was about the kids.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 05-06-2020 at 07:39 PM.

The Sopranos
    The Wire
    Mad Men
    Game Of Thrones
    Walking Dead
    Westworld
    True Detective
    Homeland
    Veep
    Big Little Lies
    Better Call Saul

Perhaps some of these aren’t “classics” but they’ve gotten a lotta hype.
    Last edited by Largo161; 05-07-2020 at 01:42 PM.