Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default New villains for the mutants

Hi, I have been thinking lately, that with the new situation the x-men find themselves in, they are basically the most powerful “team” of superhero’s maybe even ever to grace the pages of any marvel book. And it is difficult to come up with villains to fight them and have those villains be a real danger. Especially since the x-men can be resurrected very easily. Not to mention that a whole lot of their most dangerous villains are now part of the x-men !!
    So I dug around in my memory and I realized that the Exemplars might actually be the only earth based team of “villains” that could take on the x-men in their current state and even pose a significant threat. What do guys think? And are there any other villains that the x-office should look at to throw against the x-men ? ( and please feel free to mention those evil no good stinkin’ Avengers if you want ! )

I dont know. Dawn of X hasnt really had a problem with lack of villians so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont know. Dawn of X hasnt really had a problem with lack of villians so far.
    They've all been rather forgetful honestly, usually cheap, or political based.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Orchis has been good. We just had the Brood, Sidri and Shi'ar. The Grannies were an unexpected fun bunch. Plus Hellions ended with that Goblyn Queen tease

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Fallen Angels with Apoth as the potential precursor/foreshadowing of the homo novissima from a thousand years in the future had potential, I thought, and they could always bring back Vargas, the supposed homo sapiens superior from Chris Claremont's X-Treme X-Men who claimed himself as the herald of the true evolutionary successors of humanity. That could be an interesting twist to throw in, since it puts into question the idea that mutants are the ultimate inheritors of the Earth, and a good antagonist should always be able to challenge the beliefs and morals of the protagonist(s).
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Hordeculture is all the X-Men need right now.

I'm a fan of the Dawn of X villains. Creative and/or frightening, to me. Feels fresh!

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...s-of-Dawn-of-X
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Society...
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Society...
    We do indeed live in a society . . .

Unlike the not political based X-Men villains like the Purifiers, The Right or the Sentinels

Well, that's really the only viable threat to the mutant population. As said in the opening, this is the most overpowered anything in Marvel Earth. Anything that can overpower a group that has teleporters with infinite range that are rulers of a dimension that has access to all points of creation, multiple completely insane and/or amoral reality warpers, telepaths that can casually violate minds and can do so as far as the sun (or further) would cartoonishly overpowered and invincible. Honestly? I'd love to see Marvel just create just that, a cartoon of a character that trounces mutant kind easily, just to see the ridiculous efforts they'd go through to justify the win.

Hickman's run isn't likely to generate a villain like this. Instead we're going to see all the smaller threats build up until they cannot be scoffed at, and the mutants themselves make decisions that split them. The grannies coming across telefluronic tech and improving it, Nimrod coming from an unexpected place, Mother Mold potentially not being dead, the trio in The Vault potentially evolving and siding with the CotV, all sorts of stuff is waiting in the wings.

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Sphere View Post
    Well, that's really the only viable threat to the mutant population. As said in the opening, this is the most overpowered anything in Marvel Earth. Anything that can overpower a group that has teleporters with infinite range that are rulers of a dimension that has access to all points of creation, multiple completely insane and/or amoral reality warpers, telepaths that can casually violate minds and can do so as far as the sun (or further) would cartoonishly overpowered and invincible. Honestly? I'd love to see Marvel just create just that, a cartoon of a character that trounces mutant kind easily, just to see the ridiculous efforts they'd go through to justify the win.

Hickman's run isn't likely to generate a villain like this. Instead we're going to see all the smaller threats build up until they cannot be scoffed at, and the mutants themselves make decisions that split them. The grannies coming across telefluronic tech and improving it, Nimrod coming from an unexpected place, Mother Mold potentially not being dead, the trio in The Vault potentially evolving and siding with the CotV, all sorts of stuff is waiting in the wings.
    Your second paragraph sounds a lot like Hickman's Avengers run and could just be where he's planning to go with X-Men. Seemingly smaller threats and dangers building up over time while the protagonists, perhaps unwittingly, compromise and undermine themselves more and more to ensure their victory and/or survival, until those threads converge and everything they'd hoped for and dreamed about comes crashing down on them.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Your second paragraph sounds a lot like Hickman's Avengers run and could just be where he's planning to go with X-Men. Seemingly smaller threats and dangers building up over time while the protagonists, perhaps unwittingly, compromise and undermine themselves more and more to ensure their victory and/or survival, until those threads converge and everything they'd hoped for and dreamed about comes crashing down on them.
    I think that's where we're headed with the Dominions, with Moira X as their envoy.

I like the U-Men. Such an incredibly creepy and utterly horrible group of people. They kinda sorta have an understandable goal, they're just insane.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I like the U-Men. Such an incredibly creepy and utterly horrible group of people. They kinda sorta have an understandable goal, they're just insane.
    I'm surprised we haven't seen any mention of the U-Men or Sublime, considering Hickman liking Morrison's NXM work -- plus we now have the mutant lover religion, which is only one step removed.

Also, count me as another who loves Hordeculture.

-Pav, who knows it's only a matter of time until we see Nimrod again...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details