Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Yeah! Good luck with that. She has dealt with madness and held black mercy with her bear hand. Something batman or robin can't do. Other than centaur's blood i don't see anything that can stop be used by batman to beat wonder woman. And that would be lethal. Batman woule have to kill her to stop her. He has nothing to stop her.
    And all for the sake of Batman's unceasing paranoia and mistrust of EVERYBODY, and yeah, that includes Clark, the closest thing he'll ever have to a best friend.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    I thought Martian Manhunter escaped Batman's trap all by himself? Or am I remembering it wrong?

And in Forever Evil he didn't have an answer for the Crime Syndicate.
    because that's the first time he met them. Can't have an answer for something he didn't know exist.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    To me WW and the Flash are the two superheroes without easily exploitable weaknesses. So the writer had to resort to some hand waving.
    I don't know about the Flash but Wonder Woman has an easily exploitable weakness, namely knockout gas.

Last edited by hareluyafan1; 04-28-2020 at 07:07 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Yeah! Good luck with that. She has dealt with madness and held black mercy with her bear hand. Something batman or robin can't do. Other than centaur's blood i don't see anything that can stop be used by batman to beat wonder woman. And that would be lethal. Batman woule have to kill her to stop her. He has nothing to stop her.
    In a Brave and the Bold issue in the 2000s, #7 IIRC, gas stopped WW well enough, at least for a time, as the post above shows, that's a theme with her. Flash is easy, grease the floor. Or, if you have Superman's help, have him fly at 90,000 feet, high enough so that Flash doesn't know he's there, and cut his tendons with his heat vision. That's lightspeed, and if Flash doesn't see it, how can he avoid it? And yeah, I'd think while the knockout part of knockout gas probably would be metabolised quickly by Flash, if you just lower the oxygen sufficiently, which shouldn't take much, he's out like a light.
    Last edited by achilles; 04-28-2020 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    because that's the first time he met them. Can't have an answer for something he didn't know exist.
    Besides Ultraman and maybe Johnny Quick the rest seemed pretty similar to JLA

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post
    I don't know about the Flash but Wonder Woman has an easily exploitable weakness, namely knockout gas.

I wouldn't have instinctively thought that. Her vulnerabilities are always interesting. Her offense is often approaching Superman levels, but she can be shot and stabbed. Can she be poisoned? She can be gassed I suppose.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    I wouldn't have instinctively thought that. Her vulnerabilities are always interesting. Her offense is often approaching Superman levels, but she can be shot and stabbed. Can she be poisoned? She can be gassed I suppose.
    Speaking of Diana, bad guys always shoot at her upper body, allowing her to deflect bullets with her bracelets, but never below the waist or her lower legs, forcing her to bend down, if she doesn't, she could be disabled. Also, is Diana fast enough to deflect lasers fired at her?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Incredible Member

Wonder Woman is vulnerable to gunfire and other physical threats to her person. She just has a strong healing factor.

If Batman whittled her down with a constant barrage of projectiles, explosives, and physical damage, he might be able to get to her.

Also he could try to get ahold of the lasso and bind her with it. Snyder already did the bind of veils thing where the only way to make her stop is make her think she's killing you. But I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Speaking of Diana, bad guys always shoot at her upper body, allowing her to deflect bullets with her bracelets, but never below the waist or her lower legs, forcing her to bend down, if she doesn't, she could be disabled. Also, is Diana fast enough to deflect lasers fired at her?
    If we're assuming that her boots and skirt (assuming she has one) are armored, it just leaves a bit of thigh.

I'd say her reflexes are quick enough. The anticipation matters as much as the quickness of the deflection itself.

Also, when thinking about these kinds of strategic fights, I like to think that there's no truly unbeatable opponent for anyone, it just requires the right strategy. The window of opportunity is going to grow or decrease depending on who the hero is, and the element of surprise can compensate for a big gap in physical power.

As a huge Flash fan I never had a problem with Deathstroke landing a blade between Wally's ribs. He anticipated the response based on prior experience, controlled the route available, and timed the hit.

The Wonder Woman part was touched upon again in the New 52 world. Bruce was showing Clark his particular contingencies for his teammates, and the box which held Wonder Woman's was empty. She had no particular weakness for him to exploit. The only thing he could think of was Superman himself since they were dating at the time and Superman is one of the few if not the only one more powerful than her.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-28-2020 at 01:32 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member

Yeah, until Snyder decided to create an anti-Wonder Woman lasso that immediately beats her. All he had to do was spend a lot of money!

Awful writing but there it is

Extraordinary Member

There was or is an electrically fired gun called appropriately enough "Metal Storm". It would shoot the equivalent of hundreds of thousands of rounds per minute, basically a wall of metal as the name suggests. With them all basically arriving at once, how is Diana going to block them all? Also, how if she is indeed able to be shot or stabbed can she survive an explosion and all the random shrapnel?

Extraordinary Member

Actually, if she doesn't protect her legs, she's more than disabled. Hit the femoral artery, and she's dead.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    There was or is an electrically fired gun called appropriately enough "Metal Storm". It would shoot the equivalent of hundreds of thousands of rounds per minute, basically a wall of metal as the name suggests. With them all basically arriving at once, how is Diana going to block them all? Also, how if she is indeed able to be shot or stabbed can she survive an explosion and all the random shrapnel?
    I think Diana's mostly written as being plain bulletproof these days, with none of the old weaknesses to man's weapons.

But if/when that facet is still used (it does show up sometimes), it's due to the nature of her creation. She's a divine being (whether daughter of Zeus or clay given life); not entirely subject to the laws of nature. So a piercing weapon made by man....there's certain commentary there that explains why Diana, built on feminism, is vulnerable to it.

It's not the bullet, it's what the bullet represents.

And given the weaknesses gods from actual myths have, like Achilles' heel and Baldur being killed by mistletoe, I don't think Diana's that out of the ordinary.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.