Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    But you agreed earlier that Batman had access to all technology and magic artefacts!
    No I did not. Are you confusing me with another poster?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    No I did not. Are you confusing me with another poster?
    So you are now saying there is some technology and magic artefacts Batman cannot access?

If so, which technology? Which artefacts?

And why can’t he access them?

So you are now saying there is some technology and magic artefacts Batman cannot access?

If so, which technology? Which artefacts?

And why can’t he access them?
    Any type of advanced technology that would be kept under lock and key and likely not even on Earth for Bruce to access. Bruce has been depicted as not understanding magic very well and at times not even believing it exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Any type of advanced technology that would be kept under lock and key and likely not even on Earth for Bruce to access. Bruce has been depicted as not understanding magic very well and at times not even believing it exists.
    Lol.

You believe Bruce would find it difficult to access advanced technology kept under “lock and key”??

I think I’m starting to detect a hint of bias!

Batman has been shown innumerable times breaking advanced security systems. And loads of times finding and using magic artefacts.
    Last edited by JackDaw; 04-30-2020 at 02:57 AM.

Lol.

You believe Bruce would find it difficult to access advanced technology kept under “lock and key”??
    Yes. Just like you believe Bruce can take out anyone.

I think I’m starting to detect a hint of bias!
    Stones in glass houses here.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Let’s also remember that Batman can go the Brave and the Bold route...he has a ton of friends and allies to call on in emergencies.

Imagine full powered Wally goes rogue, and has to be taken out with lethal force. Batman just calls his friend Superman...who flies in orbit around the earth, constantly monitors Wally’s where-about, waits for him to go to sleep, then instantly vaporises Wally with heat vision.

Yes..I can see a few Wally fans believing their guy would survive that...so we move onto plan B with the help of the Martian...
    The brave and the bold route was another thing that had crossed my mind.
    It seems to me that some of his redundancy would be things like putting a team of counters together if he can't use the tech himself (which most of the time he could, because you really CAN'T keep something under lock and key from batman very easily, I mean his girlfriend is Selina Kyle).
    "Atom?" "Yea, Batman." "Shrink Diana."
    "Zantana?" "Bruce." "I need you to cast some standing contingency spells"
    So it doesn't have to be as drastic as "ECROF DEEPS EROM ON" but its certainly could be if he's thinking ahead.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

If Atom isn't available, Zatanna can actually substitute for him. She once shrunk herself with a spell to talk to a shrunken Atom, before using another spell to go back to regular size when they were attacked.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If Atom isn't available, Zatanna can actually substitute for him. She once shrunk herself with a spell to talk to a shrunken Atom, before using another spell to go back to regular size when they were attacked.
    Well... I just was thinking originally that Bruce could actually get palmers tech if needed, but the brave and bold route works just as well and makes it look like most non-alien heroes might understand the need to check the JL in some way.

Mostly though I didn't want to try Zantanas magic vs whatever Diana has going on with her semi-divinity.

The point is there's a loooooot of moves batman can make to "Answer" these two even if the writers haven't really expressed the situation in its best form. Frankly, I can't help but think that batman has all kinds of pilfered tech and materials from villains as well.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.

Mighty Member

Batman should never have plans for Wonder Woman and Flash.....that work. It's bad writing otherwise, in MY opinion.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Speaking of Diana, bad guys always shoot at her upper body, allowing her to deflect bullets with her bracelets, but never below the waist or her lower legs, forcing her to bend down, if she doesn't, she could be disabled. Also, is Diana fast enough to deflect lasers fired at her?
    This is exactly why WW doesn't make sense to me. You're strong and as fast as Superman. But bullets can hurt you?

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Quote Originally Posted by Raijin View Post
    Batman should never have plans for Wonder Woman and Flash.....that work. It's bad writing otherwise, in MY opinion.
    Wut? Well... uhm... ok? Kind of unsubstantiated but if you say.

I mean we've kinda pointed out this last page plans that work and despite someone batman not being someone's favorite, the writing can't be called into question because
    a hero takes an "L" to somoene who know theire every strength and weakness. Frankly with the existence of things like Starro and Eclipso out there your really NEED plans to defeat everybody.

People with power get defeated all the time. Planning, Training and Control can beat power. Its not 100% but its almost a parable at this point

"You may be unlimited power, but I am unlimited control"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    Wut? Well... uhm... ok? Kind of unsubstantiated but if you say.

I mean we've kinda pointed out this last page plans that work and despite someone batman not being someone's favorite, the writing can't be called into question because
    a hero takes an "L" to somoene who know theire every strength and weakness. Frankly with the existence of things like Starro and Eclipso out there your really NEED plans to defeat everybody.

People with power get defeated all the time. Planning, Training and Control can beat power. Its not 100% but its almost a parable at this point

"You may be unlimited power, but I am unlimited control"
    Batman not being someone's favorite has nothing to do with it? Planning and training is cute and all. But we're talking about a character who can run at the speed of light. Batman winning against Flash just makes Flash look pretty dumb. It would honestly be hard for me to write a scenario where Batman beats The Flash.

Extraordinary Member

This thread got me thinking; I like Z a lot, but there is one thing about her comic book depiction I hate. That backward spell thing! I hate it! Because I absolutely can't read in reverse. I know, I've tried. So whenever I read a Z story, I miss half of it!

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    This thread got me thinking; I like Z a lot, but there is one thing about her comic book depiction I hate. That backward spell thing! I hate it! Because I absolutely can't read in reverse. I know, I've tried. So whenever I read a Z story, I miss half of it!
    Pain in the neck agreed. But think the Demon talking in rhyming couplets is even more irritating

Quote Originally Posted by Raijin View Post
    Batman not being someone's favorite has nothing to do with it? Planning and training is cute and all. But we're talking about a character who can run at the speed of light. Batman winning against Flash just makes Flash look pretty dumb. It would honestly be hard for me to write a scenario where Batman beats The Flash.
    Nobody (I assume) is positing a scenario where Bruce goes up against a full powered Wally, whips something something out of his utility belt and wins.

What we are asking is whether with sufficient preparation he could come up with a credible plan to take Wally out..using things like his enormous wealth, great intelligence, known super powered allies, etc.

Look at it this way..Bruce has got same wealth, and skill set as Lex Luthor, and more powerful allies in addition.

It really does not strike me as that difficult to come up with a story line that shows a Bruce plan dealing with Wally...I think we’ve all read zillions of DC comics featuring more unlikely scenarios.
    Last edited by JackDaw; 04-30-2020 at 07:53 AM.