Atom
    Captain Atom
    Zatanna
    Lady Shazam / Mary Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis View Post
    Fire and Ice
    Vixen
    Zatanna
    Yes to all those. I also wanna add Jade, Zauriel and the Spectre.

Astonishing Member

I saw Isis mentioned earlier, which made me think of someone this applies to just as much, if not arguably even more. Osiris. Guy went through the wringer, got killed in a humiliating way, got brought back, only to eventually get turned into villain who was more and more removed and unhinged from how he began. He'd fit in well with the concept of Shazam in Rebirth, too. And it'd be nice to have a North African/Middle Eastern presence who isn't morally dubious at best actively getting their due.

Simon Baz, too. Since the writer change in Rebirth's Green Lanterns and especially since Hal was written into his and Jessica's book and ended up taking over, Baz and all of his storylines and character and hero potential have been stuck in limbo. And without even an occasional by your leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Ray Palmer, so much fun could be had with this character.
    Even more than Ray Palmer, I'd say Ryan Choi fits the bill. His reintroduction and role in JLA was good, but that lack of follow-up and crosspromotion wasn't. It'd have been awesome if he was brought into New Super-Man.

Speaking of, New Super-Man and the Justice League of China. Big time.

And there are many more where that came from. Pretty much all the New-Age of Heroes characters that aren't The Terrifics. I'll even throw in Duke, on the grounds that he's overdue for his ongoing and a more consolidated focus in general.

Like seriously, there are so many. Blue Beetle/Jaime Reyes counts now. Cyborg, too (including the supporting cast and new villains Walker and Semper's runs introduced); that hasn't changed. Jason Rusch (man, do I miss early New 52 Jason Rusch, where he had a strong characterization and his own superpowered body to enact his own agency through...).

So. Freaking. MANY.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Ryan Choi - The Atom
    Kate Spencer - Manhunter
    B'Wana (Freedom) Beast
    Ragman
    Firestorm - Jason/Stein version
    Max Mercury
    Fire
    Ice
    Blue Beetle - Ted Kord
    Johnny Quick
    John Fox - Flash
    Sodam Yat
    Bronze Tiger

There are honestly HUNDREDS to choose from!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Extraordinary Member

Power Girl, (Kara Zor-L). She hasn't been used for anything in years, and not used well for over a decade, and even then, not used much or very well, though she's basically an older, more experienced Supergirl with a virtual blank slate for character development beyond a few strong personality traits; she's virtually tabula rasa. She's virtually alone among DC characters of a certain stature in never having been depicted in live action of any form, and only once in animation.

Captain Comet. A unique power set, gloriously silly and not at all common origin story. I mean I can't think of anyone else in DC who got their powers from a space rock...but he's still great.

Captain Atom. A powerful character with a great look who just rarely gets his due. He could work on just about any team, or solo.

Ted Kord Blue Beetle. He got his due for a long time, but then DC decided he wasn't diverse enough and Jaime Reyes, a good character in his own right, but not one who should have replaced Ted, came along and did just that.

Travis Morgan Warlord. Come on, DC.

Fire. Why is she not in a book with Tora?

Ice. See above.

Vril Dox. Properly written, THE epitome of how to write the super-intelligent type. Plus, he's most definitely NOT the typical hero sort. Lots of complexity, plenty of comic or dramatic potential. Now...argh....

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Power Girl, (Kara Zor-L). She hasn't been used for anything in years, and not used well for over a decade, and even then, not used much or very well, though she's basically an older, more experienced Supergirl with a virtual blank slate for character development beyond a few strong personality traits; she's virtually tabula rasa. She's virtually alone among DC characters of a certain stature in never having been depicted in live action of any form, and only once in animation.
    Power Girl is a tricky one.

So much of DC's focus these days has been focusing on characters who can spawn their own media franchises (even though they don't go in for the kind of aggressive synergy Marvel does with the MCU). Power Girl may have a recognizable look and name, but if you delve into her character, she's basically an older Supergirl from another universe. How do you really push her as a distinct character, not just in comics, but across media? Especially when Supergirl is getting a major push at the same time.

I suppose playing up the JSA connection would be a good idea, given how much of a push the JSA is poised to get soon. Maybe have her show up in the Stargirl TV show? Or in the upcoming Black Adam movie? A bit more frequently in animation perhaps?

But that's just about media exposure. Once you get down to who she is as a character, it gets trickier to distinguish between her and Supergirl. Unless you ditch her canonical origin altogether, but then arguably you're not really adapting the character, just her appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Power Girl is a tricky one.

So much of DC's focus these days has been focusing on characters who can spawn their own media franchises (even though they don't go in for the kind of aggressive synergy Marvel does with the MCU). Power Girl may have a recognizable look and name, but if you delve into her character, she's basically an older Supergirl from another universe. How do you really push her as a distinct character, not just in comics, but across media? Especially when Supergirl is getting a major push at the same time.

I suppose playing up the JSA connection would be a good idea, given how much of a push the JSA is poised to get soon. Maybe have her show up in the Stargirl TV show? Or in the upcoming Black Adam movie? A bit more frequently in animation perhaps?

But that's just about media exposure. Once you get down to who she is as a character, it gets trickier to distinguish between her and Supergirl. Unless you ditch her canonical origin altogether, but then arguably you're not really adapting the character, just her appearance.
    Karen has a lot to distinguish her from Kara. She's a CEO, is much older (30s or late 20s to Kara who is either a teenager or early 20s), her stories tend to be more relevant in regards to the multiverse just for example.

Spectacular Member

In honor of the unsung Shel Dorf (founder of Comic Con) it was the King himself - Jack Kirby - who created a powereful DC character called Himon in honor of Shel. Half-a-century later, the world knows Comic Con, yet all but forgot of Shel Dorf....

Last edited by Kubert; 05-04-2020 at 01:29 PM.

Always felt there was a lot of potential in Martian Manhunter’s Pre-Crisis villains (Blanx, The Marshal, Juz) if they were to get a modern update, though I guess that depends on what backstory for Mars’ destruction DC decides on.
    Last edited by Gaius; 05-05-2020 at 05:37 AM.

Incredible Member

So many of the JSA and Infinity Inc members.

I'm glad that Yolanda and Beth seem to be alive again because they were unfairly killed off way too early. Hoping Obsidian can do something beyond going evil and being literal wallpaper. Hoping Jade can do more than being Kyle's girlfriend and giving her power to him or Alan when they need to do something. Hoping Sand can have some prominence again after getting sidelined in the 2007 volume. Etc.

Mighty Member

This Question is easy, there are a lot of characters for that:

1. Conner Kent:
    He returned, but at the moment he is just the punk Version of Superboy for me, while he has potential to become DC leading character.
    Him being a clone of Lex and Clark, Tana Moons death, the death of his adoptive father Jonathan Kent, IC and his own death and the ToT Future would be actually a VERY good basis to make the character very interesting....
    I always liked the idea of him training (unlike Clark) and also getting Lantern Rings...etc.

Cassandra Sandsmark:
    She was awesome as daughter of Zeus while Diana was only made out of Clay...
    This would have been a PERFECT basis to make an awesome Wonder Girl, who would probably have more powers than Diana and maybe even becoming stronger.
    I always liked the Idea of Cassandra also having elektrokinesis etc.

Empress:
    Great character and different from other magicians

Mia Dearden

Traci13

LOOKER

Bombshell

Knockout

Son of Vulcan

Red Devil

Dolphin

Static

Argent

Electric Superman

Sparx

Aura

Bunker

AURA,SPARX,LOOKER,STATIC,DOLPHIN,RED DEVIL,EMPRESS,TRACI13 would be a better team for Cassie,Conner,Tim and Bart than the current ones...
    Last edited by Masterff; 05-05-2020 at 12:14 AM.

BANNED

Aztek
    Ray Palmer
    Vic Sage
    Stephanie Brown
    Amazing Man
    Scandal Savage
    Metamorpho
    Catman
    Fatality
    Sodam Yat (isn't he in JL right now?)

I would put down Adam Strange, but Strange Adventures seems to be changing that...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Karen has a lot to distinguish her from Kara. She's a CEO, is much older (30s or late 20s to Kara who is either a teenager or early 20s), her stories tend to be more relevant in regards to the multiverse just for example.
    Well, there's little to suggest exactly what her age is just prior to Flushpoint. In the nu 52, it appears she's at best a few years older than that Supergirl. And her stories for the most part, those few of them that exist, make surprisingly little use of the obvious multiverse angle. To be honest, her differences with Supergirl tend to be her personality, though since SG's reappearance, her writers have moved her toward PG's personality; and her look, with an uncertain bit of age applied.

She has a lot of potential, but it's going to take some great stories to define her better.

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    The Peacemaker, he and Nightshade are the two Charlton heroes that have never gotten much exposure in DC.
    Peacemakers problem is his dumb helmet. Its the thi ng that everyone remembers but its not a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Peacemakers problem is his dumb helmet. Its the thing that everyone remembers but its not a good thing.
    Awwwww, I like the helmet...
    Attached Images Attached Images