Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ultimatum??

Fantastic Member

Default Ultimatum??

So there's news that Ultimatum is being developed for the MCU and could introduce the Xmen and Fantastic Four. Largely it seems that the story was forgettable but how would you adapt it in order to introduce thr mutants to the MCU? Do you think this is the right story for bringing the Xmen and FF in or is there a better one?

I’d question what they were thinking in adapting that garbage story but I’d imagine it end up similar to Age of Ultron where it’s the story in name only.

Wash your mouth out with carbolic.

If the mutants are introduced to the MCU by Magneto killing a bunch of people then it would definitely explain the whole hate and fear thing.

Marvel Studios has been known to take titles without really doing the actual story.

Age of Ultron, for example. Infinity War was closer to being an adaptation of Infinity and Thanos Quest than IW. The Winter Soldier was Nick Fury vs SHIELD meets Secret Warriors. Civil War basically only shared the elevator pitch.

But still, adapting one of the most reviled comics of the modern age would certainly be a choice.
    Last edited by H-E-D; 04-28-2020 at 02:57 PM.

I think the premise, "Doom manipulates Magneto into exacting revenge on the world for the death of his son and other offenses against mutants," which draws all the heroes into the conflict including the X-Men and FF, is pretty much all we're talking about here. I don't see this being anywhere close to a strict adaptation. Any more than Civil War or Infinity War were. Some of these fans on other sites need to relax.

YEAH CANIBALISM

JK
    of course it owuld be just the name, some geral developments. This would probably be the end of phase 4

https://mcucosmic.com/2020/04/27/mar...ing-ultimatum/

It’s on MCUCosmic, so there’s likely substance to this rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    YEAH CANIBALISM

If they do Ultimatum, the most I can see them adapting is the sense of it being a disaster movie.

BANNED

Please Don't...........

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

why must they continue to torture me long after my nerve endings have fried and i stopped screaming

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

In Ultimatum wasn't it revealed that Mutants were created because of the Weapon 0 trials trying to replicate the Super Soldier serum?

I mean that is a plausible in road to introduce mutants - that all these countries tried to replicate the serum which changed the genes of certain individuals which then passed on traits to future generations.

This would explain their small numbers and why they are unknown in the Marvel World

The Best Event EVER !!!

i can't wait
    Last edited by staptik777; 04-28-2020 at 10:27 PM.

At most, and if this isn't just clickbait, I would imagine they could take Magneto causing an Earth-wide disaster causing the X-men to be formed/ reveal themselves to stop him and the FF for the more scientific part like preventing or ending the disaster.
    But looking at the current phase 4 and seeing that the only powerhouses they have are Spider-man and Thor 3 I doubt they will waste the opportunity to create one movie introducing the X-men and another introducing the FF.

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    The Best Event EVER !!!

i can't wait
    Bruh lmao!!!
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.