Mighty Member

Default The English Premier League/European Football forum

I am a Canadian but I grew up playing soccer (football) and after a game we would all go to my friends house to watch a video taped recording of Manchester United and the great Eric Cantona!

So a forum to post all things related to European football (Soccer) or MLS or other leagues for that matter.

Mighty Member

Ranking Manchester United's current roster 1 to 10

1. Anthony Martial: 8

2. Marcus Rashford: 10

3. Daniel James: 6

4. Bruno Fernandes: 10

5. Fred: 7

6. Scott Mctominay: 7

7. Luke Shaw: 7.5

8. Wan Bissaka: 10

9. Harry Maguire 7

10. Eric Lindelof 7

11. David De Gea 8.5

12. Odion Ighalo (the jury is still out)

13. Mason Greenwod 7.5

14. Juan Mata 7

15. Jesse Lingard 2

16. Andreas Pereira 4

17. Nemanja Matic 7

18. Paul Pogba 10 (If he would play)

19 Sergio Romero 8

20. Dean Henderson 10

I haven't seen the rest play enough this season to make a determination.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    Ranking Manchester United's current roster 1 to 10

1. Anthony Martial: 8

2. Marcus Rashford: 10

3. Daniel James: 6

4. Bruno Fernandes: 10

5. Fred: 7

6. Scott Mctominay: 7

7. Luke Shaw: 7.5

8. Wan Bissaka: 10

9. Harry Maguire 7

10. Eric Lindelof 7

11. David De Gea 8.5

12. Odion Ighalo (the jury is still out)

13. Mason Greenwod 7.5

14. Juan Mata 7

15. Jesse Lingard 2

16. Andreas Pereira 4

17. Nemanja Matic 7

18. Paul Pogba 10 (If he would play)

19 Sergio Romero 8

20. Dean Henderson 10

I haven't seen the rest play enough this season to make a determination.
    Henderson has to be ahead of Romero for me and Greenwood. He has been amazing for Sheffield.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

I am a Canadian but I grew up playing soccer (football) and after a game we would all go to my friends house to watch a video taped recording of Manchester United and the great Eric Cantona!

So a forum to post all things related to European football (Soccer) or MLS or other leagues for that matter.
    Hey there. It's nice to come across another football fan on CBR.

There's actually already a football specific thread in existence on the Community Board. It just went a little dormant once the world went into lockdown and the game went on hiatus. It's about time that thread was resurrected and I'll ask the Mods to combine the two.

Gotta say that you've rated Paul Pogba's contribution to this season slightly higher than I would have done. I'd rate this efforts somewhere nearer to the mark you awarded Jesse Lingard!

As a Canadian, do you follow any of the three MLS clubs from your country? Well, obviously not at the moment but you know what I mean.
    Lower The Pissing Winch!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Henderson has to be ahead of Romero for me and Greenwood. He has been amazing for Sheffield.
    He has hasn't he. For a team that was slated to be regulated this year by the sports pundits, Sheffield United have been phenomenal.

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    Hey there. It's nice to come across another football fan on CBR.

There's actually already a football specific thread in existence on the Community Board. It just went a little dormant once the world went into lockdown and the game went on hiatus. It's about time that thread was resurrected and I'll ask the Mods to combine the two.

Gotta say that you've rated Paul Pogba's contribution to this season slightly higher than I would have done. I'd rate this efforts somewhere nearer to the mark you awarded Jesse Lingard!

As a Canadian, do you follow any of the three MLS clubs from your country? Well, obviously not at the moment but you know what I mean.
    Thank you, I wasn't aware that there was a soccer (football) thread. if you could have mine combined it would be appreciated. I suppose with the lockdown people will only be talking about transfer rumours.

I did rate Pogba a bit too high, I know he's capable of being a 10, if he would decide to play. He may stay at Man U for a season now as a result of the COVID, but it's obvious he wants to leave for Madrid or Juventus

As for the MLS I grew up watching the Vancouver Whitecaps when I was young, but I don't sup)ort them as much as I should. It's hard to balance my free time with a career, so I usually just end up watching the top teams in the premier league or Europe, because that is where the top talent is, but I hope the MLS grows and becomes a more attractive place for young talent to go.

Strange the word *******/ sup/ort gets blocked out as a bad word?

Thank you, I wasn't aware that there was a soccer (football) thread. if you could have mine combined it would be appreciated. I suppose with the lockdown people will only be talking about transfer rumours.

I did rate Pogba a bit too high, I know he's capable of being a 10, if he would decide to play. He may stay at Man U for a season now as a result of the COVID, but it's obvious he wants to leave for Madrid or Juventus

As for the MLS I grew up watching the Vancouver Whitecaps when I was young, but I don't sup)ort them as much as I should. It's hard to balance my free time with a career, so I usually just end up watching the top teams in the premier league or Europe, because that is where the top talent is, but I hope the MLS grows and becomes a more attractive place for young talent to go.

Strange the word *******/ sup/ort gets blocked out as a bad word?
    I've asked the Mods to link the two threads so we'll see. The other thread has been easy to miss in recent months. It dried up completely when play was stopped and more important issues consumed us all. Your contributions and opinions will be greatly appreciated though.

It's Pogba's attitude I cannot abide. He sulked under Mourinho and is now doing the same under Solskjaer. The sooner he gets his desired move the better for me.

I've watched Vancouver Whitecaps play many times down the years on Youtube. That BC Place is an impressive soccer-specific stadium. I like seeing it make guest appearances on the Arrowverse shows too!
    Lower The Pissing Winch!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    I've asked the Mods to link the two threads so we'll see. The other thread has been easy to miss in recent months. It dried up completely when play was stopped and more important issues consumed us all. Your contributions and opinions will be greatly appreciated though.

It's Pogba's attitude I cannot abide. He sulked under Mourinho and is now doing the same under Solskjaer. The sooner he gets his desired move the better for me.

I've watched Vancouver Whitecaps play many times down the years on Youtube. That BC Place is an impressive soccer-specific stadium. I like seeing it make guest appearances on the Arrowverse shows too!
    Yes, I hope it's sticks around. It would be nice to have a running soccer thread in the community. I'm sort of torn over Pogba. On the one hand he is an incredibly gifted player who would really enhance the team if United get Sancho, on the other hand, I can't stand his agent, and if he wants to leave, than the sooner the better. If he stays it will be interesting to see if United go out and get Jack Grealish, or wait until they can get James Maddison.

Yes BC place is quite big, Flash is filmed in Vancouver for the most part to (with some shots in Oregon) so it is possible it could pop up there to.

Yes, I hope it's sticks around. It would be nice to have a running soccer thread in the community. I'm sort of torn over Pogba. On the one hand he is an incredibly gifted player who would really enhance the team if United get Sancho, on the other hand, I can't stand his agent, and if he wants to leave, than the sooner the better. If he stays it will be interesting to see if United go out and get Jack Grealish, or wait until they can get James Maddison.

Yes BC place is quite big, Flash is filmed in Vancouver for the most part to (with some shots in Oregon) so it is possible it could pop up there to.
    Oh, it will definitely stick around. I'll keep it going if necessary until play resumes and we can get back to debating games and things. This is it by the way:

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...13#post4950513

We're currently talking about how the season should be resolved. Although it's nailed on that Liverpool will be champions, the relegation issue is a lot more complex. Head on over .
    Lower The Pissing Winch!