Default How to make she can't be bulletproof work

I don't mind the issue is her great feats and her ability to go head to head with Superman kind of make it weird. I wouldn't mind but how do you make it work when she has been able to take bombs. Which the metals when explosive can cut you. She can survive getting her arm cut off but not a bullet. I don't mind but there has to be a way to make sure this doesn't lower her powerful she is. I mean pierce yes. Kill her maybe not injury. I mean she can take on the worst of the worst and yet a one wrong move die.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 04-29-2020 at 08:57 AM.

Retired

My approach is this: Godhood gives WW amazing powers, but the more she embraces her divinity the less involved with humans she becomes. She stops caring for people on Earth, she has less connection to them. If she goes full divine, she loses her human self and leaves us behind--overcome by a god frenzy. So she must limit her divine nature to stay mindful of human concerns.

She could, in extreme circumstances, become immune to bullets, but normally the cost is too great. Let's say she got between a gang of bank robbers and their hostages and she turned on her full immunity--she might decide to do nothing to stop the robbers, because she would be so aware of things beyond this mortal realm that fighting bank robbers would have no interest for her.

Being still human allows her to love, to have genuine emotions, to touch another person and have a response.

I think that the god-ness is stored in her devices--her lasso, her bracelets, her tiara. Those contain the power of her divinity, so that it doesn't run through her whole body and overwhelm her.

If she gets shot in her mortal state, she dies. But being a god, she comes back to life. However, not immediately and because it's the godly aspect that revives her, she's in a frenzied state when she first returns to life. In order to get back to being her super-hero self, she needs to channel that raw energy back into her devices.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I don't mind the issue is her great feats and her ability to go head to head with Superman kind of make it weird. I wouldn't mind but how do you make it work when she has been able to take bombs. Which the metals when explosive can cut you. She can survive getting her arm cut off but not a bullet. I don't mind but there has to be a way to make sure this doesn't lower her powerful she is. I mean pierce yes. Kill her maybe not injury. I mean she can take on the worst of the worst and yet a one wrong move die.
    "While the metals of mortals can harm you, Diana, the metals of your sister Amazons and the gods protect you and enhance your already predigious powers."
    --Phoenixx9

Extraordinary Member

I have two ideas to make Diana vulnerable to bullets

idea 1: Diana's powers stem from a magical spell cast upon her after winning the Contest. Said spell requires that the user have a weakness, to avoid corruption. Diana chooses to be week to bullets

Idea 2: Ares casts a spell to try and make weapons of war harmful to Diana, however the magic is only strong enough for it to work on Bullets.

I guess I’d try to make it where it’s specifically just bullets that are a weakness to her whereas she’s immune to all other potential weapons. Sort of like how Achilles was virtually invulnerable save for his heel.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

It could also be something as simple as shes impervious to blunt force like a fist or the concussive blast of a bomb or an energy beam, but a projected pointed object can pierce her. This would make her virtually invulnerable, but susceptible to things like bullets, swords or spears and would make her speed and agility important abilities while providing a sense of drama and potential danger for her.

My solution:

The Amazons, in general, are stronger, faster, and have an overall more powerful constitution and resiliency than the average human - including Diana prior to the contest.

“Bullets and bracers” or “arrows and armlets” is a popular defensive training technique for Amazon warriors. Not all Amazons are as good as others at it.

Diana enters the contest and becomes the champion of the Amazons due to her strength, speed, skill, and smarts.

After winning the contest, the Olympian goddesses and Hermes bestow their divine gifts upon her, granting her powers and abilities that far exceed the average Amazon.

One of the gifts is a high degree of invulnerability to harm and an incredible physical stamina and strength and healing factor.

So, while a bullet and other mundane, non-magical, non-super science, projectiles won’t necessarily harm Diana like an ordinary human or Amazon, she still employs bullets and bracelets with combatants and adversaries because it’s a skill that’s part of her training and heritage and an Amazon custom for the greatest of her warriors. She also uses this skill for “shock and awe” and to intimidate opponents, because it unbelievable to behold for many. Diana also discovers that, unlike other Amazons with the skill, her divine gifts also gives her the ability to not only deflect projectiles in a defensive way, but also the reflexes and perception necessary to redirect some projectiles, like bullets, in an offensive way via the ricochet by calculating the spot and angle the bullet will strike her cuff and the direction she’d like to aim the rebounding bullet.

They should make something with her bracelets, something like a power up that makes her impervious to sharp things like bullets

The thing is that she shouldn't be that easily to tag by bullets or anything, her reflexes and bracelets are for that.

her post crisis versión has feats like Blocking dozens of stingers firing at a rate of 1500 rounds per second and that's not even her best she can block lightspeed attacks like kryptonian light vision or Darkseid Omega beams
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 05-09-2020 at 09:24 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    My approach is this: Godhood gives WW amazing powers, but the more she embraces her divinity the less involved with humans she becomes. She stops caring for people on Earth, she has less connection to them. If she goes full divine, she loses her human self and leaves us behind--overcome by a god frenzy. So she must limit her divine nature to stay mindful of human concerns.

She could, in extreme circumstances, become immune to bullets, but normally the cost is too great. Let's say she got between a gang of bank robbers and their hostages and she turned on her full immunity--she might decide to do nothing to stop the robbers, because she would be so aware of things beyond this mortal realm that fighting bank robbers would have no interest for her.

Being still human allows her to love, to have genuine emotions, to touch another person and have a response.

I think that the god-ness is stored in her devices--her lasso, her bracelets, her tiara. Those contain the power of her divinity, so that it doesn't run through her whole body and overwhelm her.

If she gets shot in her mortal state, she dies. But being a god, she comes back to life. However, not immediately and because it's the godly aspect that revives her, she's in a frenzied state when she first returns to life. In order to get back to being her super-hero self, she needs to channel that raw energy back into her devices.
    I really like this idea. It really gives her a reason to connect with the common man and gives you an idea how much she's willing to sacrifice to do so. It really adds a whole 'nother layer of nobility to her.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

All-New Member

For me, make her invulnerable like superman and use the bracelet as deflector or can absorbs energy of beams (like darkseid) and deflect it to the source or someone. More offensive less defensive. I like the concept if she overuse her powers, she looses a part of her humanity and be more of a god.

If she is vulnerable, let her heal fast (magical), this could slow her down in a fight giving purpose why she is deflecting the bullets.
    Last edited by Amazonprincess; 05-09-2020 at 10:35 PM.

Keep her bulletproof but don't have her fight normal humans which is just punching down.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

A simple approach would be to play up the one thing that really sets Diana apart from Superman: her magical equipment.

Redesign her costume into a more comprehensive suit of armor. She's not bulletproof, but the armor is. Bullets and Bracelets is what she uses to protect the parts of her body that aren't covered by armor: mostly her head and legs.

This is fine for her day-to-day heroics. When something really big goes down? That's when the Eagle armor comes into play, which gives her the equivalent of Superman's full-body invulnerability.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

The easiest way is for Circe to lay a curse on her, like the night before the tournament, she curses Diana in hopes that she’ll fail the bullet-deflecting test. That way, you can have Wonder Woman be specifically vulnerable to bullets without being shred to ribbons by shrapnel or debris from a collapsed building

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    The easiest way is for Circe to lay a curse on her, like the night before the tournament, she curses Diana in hopes that she’ll fail the bullet-deflecting test. That way, you can have Wonder Woman be specifically vulnerable to bullets without being shred to ribbons by shrapnel or debris from a collapsed building
    I agree with this though I'd have Ares be the source of the curse