BANNED

Default March 2020 X-book Sales

4. X-Men #8: 75,080 (-3.39%)
    5. Wolverine #2: 74,228 (-62.21%)
    8. X-Men #9: 70,208 (-6.49%)
    14. Hellions #1: 55,772
    17. Cable #1: 52,143
    22. Giant-Size Nightcrawler #1: 46,861
    23. X-Men/Fantastic Four #3: 46,523 (-10.11%)
    30. X-Force #9: 43,075 (+2.32%)
    32. New Mutants #9: 40,974 (+4.39%)
    33. Marauders #9: 39,059 (+2.87%)
    37. Excalibur #9: 36,259 (+2.32%)
    39. Excalibur #8: 35,429 (-11.72%)

Default March sales

So there are no more comics, but at least we got the sales estimates for the final month, March.

https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...0/2020-03.html

Enjoy!

These numbers I don't think were altered by the virus, maybe a few people in the early stages were fearful to come out, but it wasn't many.

The real question will be the impact of the less available discretionary money in readers hands this Summer. The level of overall readership loss from not having new comics for an extended period (which I think may be the biggest issue). And, how many are still afraid to come out come May. The last recession it was the comics not tied into main x-books goings on (unelss your name was Wolverine) that were hit hardest.
    Last edited by jmc247; 04-29-2020 at 09:05 AM.

Spectacular Member

Three books having a sale increase at issue 9 it’s not very common and a good sign for the line. Not that it means anything at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    These numbers I don't think were significantly altered by the virus, maybe a few people in the early stages were fearful to come out, but it wasn't many.

The real question will be the impact of the less available discretionary money in readers hands this Summer. The level of overall readership loss from not having new comics for an extended period (which I think may be the biggest issue). And, how many are still afraid to come out come May. The last recession it was the comics not tied into main x-books goings on (unelss your name was Wolverine) that were hit hardest.
    These books were ordered 3 months in advance

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    These books were ordered 3 months in advance
    You don't say. Next you will tell me that the orders for the comics in May and June are being decided right now. If you want to make the point we won't know the full hit from the current events until the Summer you would be right.

I'm glad Excalibur is at the bottom of the list, just where it belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    You don't say. Next you will tell me that the orders for the comics in May and June are being decided right now. If you want to make the point we won't know the full hit from the current events until the Summer you would be right.
    The lockdown wasn't a decisive factor since the orders were decided before it

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    The lockdown wasn't a decisive factor since the orders were decided before it
    I don't know how they count or don't count stores that are closed and don't receive orders, but it wasn't all that many in March even though it was some. My simple point... these numbers mean little in terms of the impact on the industry of the virus.
    Last edited by jmc247; 04-29-2020 at 09:40 AM.

Glad that X-Force sales are stable. Good sign.

Excalibur belongs at the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    I'm glad Excalibur is at the bottom of the list, just where it belongs.
    Cable #1 at 52k doesn’t inspire confidence. I’m betting that one drops like a stone. Nobody really likes Kid Cable. Certainly not Cable’s fans, who have to be at least part of the target demographic for this title.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Glad that X-Force sales are stable. Good sign.
    Agreed. Great book.

BANNED

Only those comics that were sold at the end of the month were 15% lower than corresponding February and retailers ordered exact amount for the books in February and March.

These numbers seem pretty good tbh. I like that there's a lil bit of growth , I hope X of Swords bolsters that.. im so curious as to what sales post/mid-quar are gonna look like

I can't understand why Cates sells so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Cable #1 at 52k doesn’t inspire confidence. I’m betting that one drops like a stone. Nobody really likes Kid Cable. Certainly not Cable’s fans, who have to be at least part of the target demographic for this title.
    52 k sales looks bad for #1 but both books are in top 20. It is just all books are selling not very good.

Iron-man 2020 just relaunched and #1 sold only 54k. And that guy was a center of MCU movies for a decade.