Default Guardians of the Galaxy vs. Master Chief

MCU GotG vs. Master Chief from Halo. Book feats etc allowed for Chief.

Fight in a forest, starting 300 meters apart.

Guardians roster:

Star Lord
    Rocket
    Teenage Groot
    Gamora
    Nebula

Gamora and Nebula have swords and energy pistols from their movies.

Chief has:

Cortana
    Assault Rifle
    Hydra rocket launcher
    Plasma Pistol
    Energy Sword
    2x frags and 2x plasma grenades.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Together they probably take him down. Starlord has that mega magnet that fucked with Iron Man.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Together they probably take him down. Starlord has that mega magnet that fucked with Iron Man.
    I did think about that trap. It could pin Chief down for sure.

Initial thoughts are that he would be stuck quite briefly however. Cortana can either EMP the thing with his shields like in Halo 1 and Halo 4, or near-field-communication jump into and short the thing like the bomb in Halo 2.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I did think about that trap. It could pin Chief down for sure.

Initial thoughts are that he would be stuck quite briefly however. Cortana can either EMP the thing with his shields like in Halo 1 and Halo 4, or near-field-communication jump into and short the thing like the bomb in Halo 2.
    Yea but the bomb bad a clear interface. The magnet doesn't. Unless you're implying she can jump into it "just cuz".
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Yea but the bomb bad a clear interface. The magnet doesn't. Unless you're implying she can jump into it "just cuz".
    The NFC thing is a stretch perhaps, but it doesnt stop the first thing from being viable.

If they can keep Chief stuck in one spot, they can pile on the damage. If he keeps mobile and uses his speed, I could see him wearing them down over time.
    - big_adventure

The NFC thing is a stretch perhaps, but it doesnt stop the first thing from being viable.

If they can keep Chief stuck in one spot, they can pile on the damage. If he keeps mobile and uses his speed, I could see him wearing them down over time.
    I mean, if he can get around the magnet he probably wipes them. Toughest is going to be Drax, but he's got a rocket launcher for that.

Arx Inosaan

I mean, if he can get around the magnet he probably wipes them. Toughest is going to be Drax, but he's got a rocket launcher for that.
    Pretty much how I see it. And knowing Chief, being a life long soldier; short of being in a good sniper position or something similar, he's not one to just stand in one spot.

Drax isn't listed under the Guardians roster, so I don't think he's in this fight.

Aside from Nebula, it doesn't seem like the Guardians are bulletproof... or energy sword proof. I think Master Chief takes this, though Star-Lord and Gamora make him work for it in close quarters.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomzilla View Post
    Drax isn't listed under the Guardians roster, so I don't think he's in this fight.

Aside from Nebula, it doesn't seem like the Guardians are bulletproof... or energy sword proof. I think Master Chief takes this, though Star-Lord and Gamora make him work for it in close quarters.
    He's much faster than them.

Arx Inosaan

I figured Drax would laugh that off.
    - big_adventure

I figured Drax would laugh that off.
    I see it, at minimum, stunning him. Drax isn't fast enough or, I feel, physically strong enough to prevent being choked out at any rate.

Arx Inosaan

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

I see it, at minimum, stunning him. Drax isn't fast enough or, I feel, physically strong enough to prevent being choked out at any rate.
    I invite you to watch GotG2 again, and tell me what you think about his durability from the crash landing scene. I don't know that he can ever catch Chief, but I don't think Chief has anything in his arsenal that can hurt Drax.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

So like, smashing through trees and stuff is neat, but a rocket launcher that can blow a multi-dozen ton tank to smithereens and send a Warthog flying end over end is at minimum going to rattle him.

Arx Inosaan