Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 44
  1. #16
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    8,840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Am I mistaken or does the trailer imply the male player character have a female wife upfront. You would think they would learn after all the controversy about the DLC over forced het romance with Odyssey...

    Edit: My bad, it’s your friends wife.
    Wait what? If the character had a wife upfront it would be an issue? Think I missed this one. People were upset about what in Odyssey? Forced Het? If that's short for Heterosexual. I'm pretty sure Odyssey let you hook up with both women and men no matter what sex you chose for the character. But I didn't play any of the DlCs. They made you end up in a relationship and people were mad at that?

  2. #17
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nottingham, England
    Posts
    5,137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Wait what? If the character had a wife upfront it would be an issue? Think I missed this one. People were upset about what in Odyssey? Forced Het? If that's short for Heterosexual. I'm pretty sure Odyssey let you hook up with both women and men no matter what sex you chose for the character. But I didn't play any of the DlCs. They made you end up in a relationship and people were mad at that?
    I haven't played it yet but Odyssey had some throwback from some players at the time as they had promised that players could decide what romances with either gender (if any) they wanted to pursue, and the main game I gather that was the case. But then the DLC was released and in the first part of Xeres The First Assassin expansion players were forced into a relationship with his child (who would always be the opposite gender to yours) and had a baby with them (either romantically or as a requirement to continue the line of Assassins) via a forced nine month time jump. So as you could imagine some people were pretty angry about this and Ubisoft actually had to apologize and edit both the first and second parts of the First Assassin DLC to make clear their intentions and empathize you didn't have to be romantically attached to the child of Xeres. I believe the issue to some extent was that the DLC had totally different writers to the main game.

    Anyway, that's why some people are wary about the series since. Hope I explained that okay.

  3. #18
    Astonishing Member ChrisIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,497

    Default

    I think part of the DLC's purpose was to tie Alexios/Kassandra closer to the story of the Brotherhood, which isn't as much used in the main game. Sure she deals with Isu heritage and takes on proto-Templars but The Hidden Blade gives her some more context in the overall story.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

    https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

  4. #19

    Default

    I hated the stuff about the kid and the relationship. Maybe if it had developed all game. But it went from romance anyone to oh now you are tied to this person that you might not like. I was honestly happy when he died, which wasn't supposed to be the emotion I should have had. But it was pretty shoehorned. So I did not care about the dude.
    Was Curlytop

  5. #20
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    8,840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I haven't played it yet but Odyssey had some throwback from some players at the time as they had promised that players could decide what romances with either gender (if any) they wanted to pursue, and the main game I gather that was the case. But then the DLC was released and in the first part of Xeres The First Assassin expansion players were forced into a relationship with his child (who would always be the opposite gender to yours) and had a baby with them (either romantically or as a requirement to continue the line of Assassins) via a forced nine month time jump. So as you could imagine some people were pretty angry about this and Ubisoft actually had to apologize and edit both the first and second parts of the First Assassin DLC to make clear their intentions and empathize you didn't have to be romantically attached to the child of Xeres. I believe the issue to some extent was that the DLC had totally different writers to the main game.

    Anyway, that's why some people are wary about the series since. Hope I explained that okay.
    That's doesnt sound like good story telling but people getting upset about that seems silly af to me. To appease everyone no future assasins could have kids? Now odyssey was the time to, given the open sexuality of that era. So I understand if people thought this was the chance for a non heterosexual character in Canon and they blew it. Maybe not viking but there will be other time periods where homosexuality was common. If they do Feudal Japan, Samurai had no issues with men on men action. If they promised they wouldn't force a Het relationship in Odyssey and then did. Well I get people being mad at that. But if they hadn't promised that and this was just the story they told, well I'd be way less sympathetic.

  6. #21
    Astonishing Member ChrisIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,497

    Default

    Syndicate (set in Victorian London) did strongly imply that Jacob was Bi, although he does have descendants (Lydia Frye). Leonardo Da Vinci in the Ezio stuff as well, although that's generally believed to be historical.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

    https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

  7. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    That's doesnt sound like good story telling but people getting upset about that seems silly af to me. To appease everyone no future assasins could have kids? Now odyssey was the time to, given the open sexuality of that era. So I understand if people thought this was the chance for a non heterosexual character in Canon and they blew it. Maybe not viking but there will be other time periods where homosexuality was common. If they do Feudal Japan, Samurai had no issues with men on men action. If they promised they wouldn't force a Het relationship in Odyssey and then did. Well I get people being mad at that. But if they hadn't promised that and this was just the story they told, well I'd be way less sympathetic.
    It's not really them having kids or relationships but how they are developed. This one was not built up. You play about 130 hours of the game, then the dlc sends you on this mission that forces you into a relationship despite the whole game letting you choose whomever to be with. If the relationship was developed through the game and it didn't have the just romance anyone thing going on, it'd have felt more natural. It was just tacked on later.
    Was Curlytop

  8. #23
    Astonishing Member ChrisIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,497

    Default

    So there's going to be a crossover with WD Legion but it's kind of weird that it's been reported it's the 'first' crossover. Didn't the original Watch Dogs have a mission that tied in with Black Flag?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

    https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

  9. #24
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nottingham, England
    Posts
    5,137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    So there's going to be a crossover with WD Legion but it's kind of weird that it's been reported it's the 'first' crossover. Didn't the original Watch Dogs have a mission that tied in with Black Flag?
    It’s the first fully confirmed crossover. I think Watch Dogs 1 had a mission where Aiden is tracking a delivery by employees and an operator of Abergo and refers to their known and rumoured operations. His termination of the operative is then referred to via emails in AC Origins. But I don’t believe the Brotherhood have appeared in Watch Dogs or Far Cry before.

  10. #25
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    8,840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It's not really them having kids or relationships but how they are developed. This one was not built up. You play about 130 hours of the game, then the dlc sends you on this mission that forces you into a relationship despite the whole game letting you choose whomever to be with. If the relationship was developed through the game and it didn't have the just romance anyone thing going on, it'd have felt more natural. It was just tacked on later.
    Ok makes sense.


    Been playing the remastered version of AC3. Oh my lord I forgot hot clunky the game play use to be on these games. Riding a horse made me wanna kill myself. I like Connor and he looks cool. Hes a bit 1note and angry all the time but whatever. Achilles and Haythem are cool especially knowing that's Edwards kid. The story telling is horrible for the most part. I mean the Desmond stuff is garbage but even the regular story is written bad. You never meet your father and then the games has a time jump and your father attacks you and you guys say Hi like you know each other. Alot of stuff like that, lackluster and jarring how one things kinda just crashes into another. I didn't play the DLCs but the main story for Odyssey was way better then that. Not as good as the story for Origins and none of the characters have been as interesting as Ezio imo. Though I did like Edward and Bayek alot. Hoping the Viking whatever his/Her name is will be as good as Ezio but I Doubt it.

  11. #26
    Astonishing Member ChrisIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,497

    Default

    The DLC is sort of an alternate pocket reality created by the apple. It's interesting but there's not as much to do as the main game. It does however hint at the next AC by having Conner refer to his grandfather as a pirate.


    The novel of AC3 might be worth a look, it basically is told from Haytham's POV and ties up some of the gaps between IV and III, explaining how Haytham turned out to be a Templar and what happened to Edward and his daughter/Haytham's half-sister.

    The game "Rogue" is also worth a look if you haven't played it, it's also sort of a gap-filler, explaining how the Colonial brotherhood ended up in a sorry state by III and also linking some aspects of IV to III (Such as Adewale's fate). It pretty much plays exactly like Black Flag, although with a smaller world. Also sets up Unity.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

    https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

  12. #27
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    8,840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    The DLC is sort of an alternate pocket reality created by the apple. It's interesting but there's not as much to do as the main game. It does however hint at the next AC by having Conner refer to his grandfather as a pirate.


    The novel of AC3 might be worth a look, it basically is told from Haytham's POV and ties up some of the gaps between IV and III, explaining how Haytham turned out to be a Templar and what happened to Edward and his daughter/Haytham's half-sister.

    The game "Rogue" is also worth a look if you haven't played it, it's also sort of a gap-filler, explaining how the Colonial brotherhood ended up in a sorry state by III and also linking some aspects of IV to III (Such as Adewale's fate). It pretty much plays exactly like Black Flag, although with a smaller world. Also sets up Unity.
    Yea I've played all the games and DLCs(Just not Odysseys because iono why lol). Rogue I havent played since its launch. I remember your an Irish dude shay. He thinks the assasins are trying to destroy the earth by removing these prices of eden so he gos all Templar and hunt down the assasins. I believe the playhouse where you play as Haythem and he comment I was here once before a long time ago, is the place Edwards gets killed by Shay while Little haythem is running around right? Or no its Arno's dad Shay kills, ugh I gotta reply these games lol been too long. I think ima replay Black flag next, I think I've forgot alot. By far one the funnest games they ever made, it was a turning point for the game mechanics getting way less clunky aswell. Also id out Edward 2nd to only Ezio as far as charismatic characters in the franchise. Bayek maybe has a more powerful story but Edward edges him out for like because of charm.

    Edit: Speaking of Black flag where the hell is that Skull and Bones Pirate game at? I swear Ubisoft has been working on that since Black Flags sucess.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 10-13-2020 at 01:18 PM.

  13. #28
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    8,840

    Default

    With modern technology and what they can do now. Id love for them to go back and do another Ezio story. Maybe inbeetween brotherhood and Revalations. He was by far the best character they did and id love to see more. Or shit even go back and do Connor again. But write him better he was a cool character on a superficial level and looked badass. They just had him being mad all the time and the story was weirdly paced.

    Curious if anyone else wants another crack at an old character or if they like the 1 and done thing they are doing now. Also kinda sad we never got a cool modern day game with Desmond. They always put half the effort into the modern day stuff. So it was the least liked part but a full game where they bring New York to life coulda been cool.

  14. #29
    Astonishing Member ChrisIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,497

    Default

    Speaking of modern day, Valhalla game footage has confirmed Desmond's old support team members Shaun and Rebecca are back, who were last seen in Syndicate (Which ended on a cliffhanger of sorts about the Juno storyline that was resolved in the comic books instead of the games). Rebecca's voice actress has changed, also looks like they gave her longer hair and Shaun a beard.

    As for Conner it does seem there'd be some extra story to tell there. Some sources said that he died alone but obviously he had to have some family to lead to Desmond's line (I think that might be part of Abstergo's disinformation propoganda in one of the games) ? You've also got a perfect nemesis for him too to use-Shay Cormac from Rogue, who presumably would head back to America to maybe rebuild their Templar order and helping to shape it into the later Abstergo. Heck even have Aquila vs. the Morrigan.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 11-08-2020 at 12:06 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

    https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

  15. #30
    Astonishing Member ChrisIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,497

    Default

    Game is out, reviews pretty much like the last two games, a nice looking world, heavy on RPGness,

    Main complaint seems to be bugs, although this is a series that has had some legendary launch bugs....
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

    https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •