Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
So yea having finished the game finally i think the next game will either be playing as Loki or Desmond saves Layla some way and sends her back(If Loki is evil which is hard to tell. He seems dark and foreboding but he was just in his anger). Or we could start as Loki as he uses the animus to find something he needs and then switch to Layla or Desmond for the moder day part.

Still doesn't top the feeling I got from Desmond after playing AC2. But this games defiantly one of my faves despite the bugs.
I kind of feel the franchise is wide-open at this point. With The Reader and Layla investigating possibilities and timelines, you can now do say, a full-scale franchise reboot and it would be in-continuity because you can justify it by going "Oh this is just another timeline The Reader and Layla are investigating". That means...say it with me everyone...nothing is true, everything is permitted.

That means you can revisit Renaissance Italy as a setting let's say and redo the entire story and framework with a more historically accurate, nuanced, and technically impressive take on that setting than the original AC2 had. You don't have to do the same canon/lore...on the other hand if you want to do the same canon/lore and continue with Basim, you can do that too.

So different AC teams coming in have freedom to do whatever they wish, however they wish.