Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    So yea having finished the game finally i think the next game will either be playing as Loki or Desmond saves Layla some way and sends her back(If Loki is evil which is hard to tell. He seems dark and foreboding but he was just in his anger). Or we could start as Loki as he uses the animus to find something he needs and then switch to Layla or Desmond for the moder day part.

Still doesn't top the feeling I got from Desmond after playing AC2. But this games defiantly one of my faves despite the bugs.
    I kind of feel the franchise is wide-open at this point. With The Reader and Layla investigating possibilities and timelines, you can now do say, a full-scale franchise reboot and it would be in-continuity because you can justify it by going "Oh this is just another timeline The Reader and Layla are investigating". That means...say it with me everyone...nothing is true, everything is permitted.

That means you can revisit Renaissance Italy as a setting let's say and redo the entire story and framework with a more historically accurate, nuanced, and technically impressive take on that setting than the original AC2 had. You don't have to do the same canon/lore...on the other hand if you want to do the same canon/lore and continue with Basim, you can do that too.

So different AC teams coming in have freedom to do whatever they wish, however they wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I kind of feel the franchise is wide-open at this point. With The Reader and Layla investigating possibilities and timelines, you can now do say, a full-scale franchise reboot and it would be in-continuity because you can justify it by going "Oh this is just another timeline The Reader and Layla are investigating". That means...say it with me everyone...nothing is true, everything is permitted.

That means you can revisit Renaissance Italy as a setting let's say and redo the entire story and framework with a more historically accurate, nuanced, and technically impressive take on that setting than the original AC2 had. You don't have to do the same canon/lore...on the other hand if you want to do the same canon/lore and continue with Basim, you can do that too.

So different AC teams coming in have freedom to do whatever they wish, however they wish.
    I agree especially of they have another game coming out next year. The other team could have been working on a game set anywhere and just book end it with Desmond and Layla exploring that time line. Then the team who made Valhalla continue this story in 3years. Or However long they need.

Some spoilers the games been out long enough im not gonna tag them. Ddint on my last post either. So don't read on if you haven't finished...

So a couple questions I had at the end.(I beat the game but i Haven't done all the side stuff. So I haven't seen the entire clip of what Ragnarok really looked like without the norse facade.)

Alfred room you get a key to. All of that was just the set up that after using you to wipe out the order of ancients. He is now forming the Templars proper?

Redda- is this kid a Isu or something? He's appeared now across a huge chunk of time and he ain't aged a day.

So Fenrir was a child of mixed race. Loki being an Asgardian and having a child with a Isu? Now I didn't catch what that all meant. Are they different races similar to what we have today. Or are they suppose to completely different species of being all together from each other? Or was this some Romeo and Juliet **** and Odin is just a dick. Im sure once I finish finding the puzzle piece glitches it might explain more. But that might be awhile and I don't have time to read every document on the laptop.

Also just curious if anyone think Basim/Loki might actually end up being a good guy? Help the Assasins against the Abstergo and Juno?

BANNED

So Fenrir was a child of mixed race. Loki being an Asgardian and having a child with a Isu? Now I didn't catch what that all meant.
    It's something they might revisit or add to later on. The Asgard/Jotunheim visions you play are merely allegories that retell Isu-era memories with Viking Age aesthetics, which means that it may not be the case that Fenrir Lokison really is a giant wolf who can talk. That will be something for later games in the series to tackle should they choose to do so.

Or was this some Romeo and Juliet **** and Odin is just a dick.
    Odin is intended to be a dick that's for sure

Also just curious if anyone think Basim/Loki might actually end up being a good guy? Help the Assasins against the Abstergo and Juno?
    He's against the Templars and Abstergo but he's clearly not intended to be an out-and-out good guy.

Again later writers and developers will decide where to go and what to do with that.

AC doesn't really have a real lore, it varies game to game and is subject to change and the creative instincts of each (all of whom are different game-to-game).

I agree especially of they have another game coming out next year. The other team could have been working on a game set anywhere and just book end it with Desmond and Layla exploring that time line. Then the team who made Valhalla continue this story in 3years. Or However long they need.

Some spoilers the games been out long enough im not gonna tag them. Ddint on my last post either. So don't read on if you haven't finished...

So a couple questions I had at the end.(I beat the game but i Haven't done all the side stuff. So I haven't seen the entire clip of what Ragnarok really looked like without the norse facade.)

Alfred room you get a key to. All of that was just the set up that after using you to wipe out the order of ancients. He is now forming the Templars proper?

Redda- is this kid a Isu or something? He's appeared now across a huge chunk of time and he ain't aged a day.

So Fenrir was a child of mixed race. Loki being an Asgardian and having a child with a Isu? Now I didn't catch what that all meant. Are they different races similar to what we have today. Or are they suppose to completely different species of being all together from each other? Or was this some Romeo and Juliet **** and Odin is just a dick. Im sure once I finish finding the puzzle piece glitches it might explain more. But that might be awhile and I don't have time to read every document on the laptop.

I think the Juno plot line was mostly dropped and relegated to the comics; although Black Flag/Rogue/Unity made it a major part of the story it was more of a side-thing in Syndicate. Juno does have a cameo in Odyssey but it's kind of a flashback to Isu times instead of her present evil AI form.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

BANNED

Among the most insignificant of objections, but for some reason it really bothered me that you could kill animals only for their leather, but not their meat. Portraying Vikings as vegetarians is just....not right.

Aside from that, I found the game more engaging than Origins, but not as engaging as Oddessy. Games in the franchise prior to that I've never been able to finish.

Ultimate Member

Well aside to that most kids shows have their characters never eating meat, even if the character is a tiger or something like that they never eat meat, except for on Dinosaur Train...but that's just all messed up given how that show operates anyway...

As to the game they probably give you other animals to kill for meat instead...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well aside to that most kids shows have their characters never eating meat, even if the character is a tiger or something like that they never eat meat, except for on Dinosaur Train...but that's just all messed up given how that show operates anyway...

As to the game they probably give you other animals to kill for meat instead...
    AC is not a kids show, with default level of dismemberment, decapitaton, languague, going on, so it's really there with Dinosaur Train. There are no animals that can be killed for mean in the game, not even domesticated pigs or deer.

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    AC is not a kids show, with default level of dismemberment, decapitaton, languague, going on, so it's really there with Dinosaur Train. There are no animals that can be killed for mean in the game, not even domesticated pigs or deer.
    They aren't vegetarian lol you have farms in your Settlement that you grow. There a chicken and cow one I think and then a fishing hut. Herbs heal you so there is no reason to have you hunting for meat. There's no agenda behind it, just makes sense.

BANNED

They aren't vegetarian lol you have farms in your Settlement that you grow. There a chicken and cow one I think and then a fishing hut. Herbs heal you so there is no reason to have you hunting for meat. There's no agenda behind it, just makes sense.
    I said it was insignificant. Nevertheless, there is not one instance of eating meat, or even aquiring meat, in the game. Not even in cut scenes.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

You mean like when you go and kill the feral hogs for the feast or kill the cows in the Yule thing for their meat?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    You mean like when you go and kill the feral hogs for the feast or kill the cows in the Yule thing for their meat?
    Yes. Exactly like those things.

BANNED

I can forgive a lot about game bugs, but constantly corrupting the save game seems pretty unforgivable.

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    I can forgive a lot about game bugs, but constantly corrupting the save game seems pretty unforgivable.
    Yea had that issue bad at launch. Works fine for me now.

BANNED

Yea had that issue bad at launch. Works fine for me now.
    I'm still having that issue routinely

BANNED

Gotta say so far I'm loving the latest update. River raids are a lot of fun as a quick diversion from more important shrug.