Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Always Rakzo

Best thing King has done.

Sadly, last year wasn't that good for him. Hopefully Strange Adventures can redeem him.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Maybe I should give it a second try. Read it and read Female Furies and thought WTF DC?
    Female Furies is legitimately terrible though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Best thing King has done.

Sadly, last year wasn't that good for him. Hopefully Strange Adventures can redeem him.

Female Furies is legitimately terrible though.
    Second this, it's definitely worth a read (Mister Miracle that is, Female Furies is indeed offensively bad)

Tom King wrote Female Furries? Weird, also Mister Miracle is the best comic.

EDIT: Never mind, I inferred incorrect details concerning Female Furies.
    Last edited by Pinsir; 05-05-2020 at 10:21 PM.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Enjoyed MM and SA is a good start.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Tom King wrote Female Furries? Weird, also Mister Miracle is the best comic.

EDIT: Never mind, I inferred incorrect details concerning Female Furies.
    I jumped on Female Furies (ain't that an interesting picture) after King's Mr Miracle, thinking there would be more connection. FF was its own story and although I was disappointed in it, I didn't think it was as bad as some of the of the posters previously.

Now it's petty to pick on spelling errors, but Female Furries is a book I would so pick up.

Didn't much care for it. Very undynamic, boring artwork and the story can be summed up as "is he or is he not" (Answer: Darkseid Is). No twists, no turns, and in the end, nothing really happens. It's ok, but not anything close to the praise it gets.

Just to be clear on that page.

MM12p2.jpgMM12p2TV.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Just to be clear on that page.

MM12p2.jpgMM12p2TV.jpg
    Yeah, that is just a great reference. I was a teenager when that episode happened. My parents were diehard fans of the show and I can still remember my mother shrieking at the big reveal.

Spoilers follow:

I'm not really sure how to interpret the ending of this Mister Miracle book. I know he is "dead", for some definition of dead, and he pushes back against the Anti-Life Equation, aka depression, because he has something to live for (his wife and especially his child). And I know continuity doesn't matter in this book, because Kirby disliked continuity and King is a big Kirby fan and "comics will break your heart". So we don't know if he is alive in the "real" DC universe or what. I assume not because there aren't any other superheroes around, despite Darkseid popping in to eat carrots, and I think Big Barda was supposed to be back on Apokalips anyway.

I think the glitching is a clue. He seems to move between continuities. There is some meta to that re Kirby, but maybe it's also a clue that he's not really dead and wherever he is, he can indeed escape from it.