Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Villains who you would like to see getting a film like "Joker"

Hello,

I read somewhere that maybe there could be more films like "Joker" with villains.

Now I would like to know which villains do you would like to see in such a movie?

Mine would be:
    -Scarecrow
    -Reverse Flash/Zoom
    -Man-Bat
    -Clayface
    -Deathstroke, if they also include Rose etc.
    -Killer Croc

Clayface would be my absolute favorite (If you have ever seen BTAS then you know why) and you could also include his career as actor in Horror-Movies (if you take the first Clayface).

Incredible Member

I just want a heist movie with the Rogues.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Lex is ripe for that kind of a treatment. The list shouldn't be too long, otherwise the themes start to repeat themselves. Few characters can handle that kind of isolated character study.

Quote Originally Posted by M L A View Post
    I just want a heist movie with the Rogues.
    Hell yes!!!

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Two-Face definitely
    Clayface would be good too

Extraordinary Member

When I saw the thread, I immediately thought of Scarecrow.

If they did it right, it could be terrifying.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Lex is ripe for that kind of a treatment. The list shouldn't be too long, otherwise the themes start to repeat themselves. Few characters can handle that kind of isolated character study.

Hell yes!!!
    Lex feels like a perfect successor film, especially since he’s got The Black Ring and that Luthor graphic Novel as possible templates.

You’d want to differentiate between the Journey is some way.

Lex trying to be the ultimate pragmatist, rationalist, and humanist but being in denial about his own misanthropy and control freak nature would be good.

A wholly different journey, on the other hand, might be Ra’s Al Ghul, as an aging immortal starting off vibrant, full of life and enthusiasm, in a morally ambiguous situation where he can be a hero or a villain, then slowly decaying and growing weary and discontent enough to become the aged villain looking for a successor across the centuries. Heck, just imagine the way he might view his children across the centuries, as some turn against him, some just disappoint him, and some are (to the audience) clearly the right choice, but Ra’s own prejudices prevent him from seeing it.

Imagine if a whole film covered him starting off as a very progressive for his time hero, who fights against far worse sons of his, only for the film to end with a timeline where he has not one but two daughters who are perfect... but he finds excuses to justify some sexism he can’t admit to himself.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Lex feels like a perfect successor film, especially since he’s got The Black Ring and that Luthor graphic Novel as possible templates.

You’d want to differentiate between the Journey is some way.

Lex trying to be the ultimate pragmatist, rationalist, and humanist but being in denial about his own misanthropy and control freak nature would be good.

A wholly different journey, on the other hand, might be Ra’s Al Ghul, as an aging immortal starting off vibrant, full of life and enthusiasm, in a morally ambiguous situation where he can be a hero or a villain, then slowly decaying and growing weary and discontent enough to become the aged villain looking for a successor across the centuries. Heck, just imagine the way he might view his children across the centuries, as some turn against him, some just disappoint him, and some are (to the audience) clearly the right choice, but Ra’s own prejudices prevent him from seeing it.

Imagine if a whole film covered him starting off as a very progressive for his time hero, who fights against far worse sons of his, only for the film to end with a timeline where he has not one but two daughters who are perfect... but he finds excuses to justify some sexism he can’t admit to himself.
    h true, R'as would be very interesting to see. So far we've seen glimpses of his youth, but is there a definitive origin story to pull from? I wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    What about Rainbow Raider? His origin story is pretty trippy and unlike any other villain.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    When I saw the thread, I immediately thought of Scarecrow.

If they did it right, it could be terrifying.
    Do it as a straight horror film?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Do it as a straight horror film?
    Definitely.

BANNED

Vandal Savage would be really interesting if done well.

yes Vandal Savage would be very interesting. The story of an immortal man.

Also Lex Luthor.

More movies like the Joker? Sure why not.

I know I really look forward to more movies where the main character doesn't have the same appearances, origin, motives, methods, or personality as the one they're supposedly based on from the comic.

Boisterously Confused

Either Ras al Ghul or Vandal Savage could be awesome. Thing is, no matter how many films (or seasons) it would have to be an inevitable march toward corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    yes Vandal Savage would be very interesting. The story of an immortal man.
    Highlander builds an (although at times hoaky) booming franchise, in Film, TV, cartoon, novels comics, etc.
    Meanwhile at DC editorial: gee I wish we had a character like that?