Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Mister Freeze - a tale of love, corporate greed, revenge, it all has the makings for something really epic.

Darkseid
    Lex Luthor
    Deathstroke

Fantastic Member

Oswald Cobblepot. Adaptation of Pain & Prejudice, minus the Batman

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Franny6422 View Post
    Oswald Cobblepot. Adaptation of Pain & Prejudice, minus the Batman
    100%, but with Batman in it a bit.

Also the Fisherman, as a Lovecraftian horror flick.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 05-03-2020 at 07:57 AM.

Boisterously Confused

Either Vandal Savage or Ras al Ghul could make for a Highlanderesque epic.

The Parasite has potential for a tragic horror story.

Incredible Member

I am FOR films that focus on the villains, or takes the villain perspective. How many BATMAN origin films do we need? How many SUPERMAN origin films do we need? And the thing is, this isn't any different from films that focus on the bad guys, like THE GODFATHER or PULP FICTION. And the films don't have to be done in the exact same way. Some could be dramatic, while others could be comedic. It all depends on the character. I remember one film called THE LAST SEDUCTION, where the protagonist sets her husband up, and uses others to do so, and in the last scene, where you think that the protagonist is the awful person, you just see a glimpse of her humanity, as her facial features soften. Does she regret her actions? Or does she resign herself to the fact that she ruined one man's life while getting away with murder? What I wrote could easily be the preamble to a CATWOMAN origin film. Selina Kyle becomes a thief, and there is no looking back.

At any rate, films that focuses on the villain can be interesting, if done right.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    Eh, that is done all the time. Look at BTAS Mr. Freeze, he was a pretty different character from the comic book Mr. Freeze and that worked out well for Mr. Freeze. Adaptions can put their own spin on things, heck it would be kinda boring if they did was repeat everything from the comics to a t.

Anyway, I think Lex Luthor is the only logical choice. Yeah, a horror movie with Scarecrow, a movie with Ra's or Vandal Savage or a heist movie with the Rogues could be fun, but Scarecrow, Ra's, Savage, and the Rogues are not well known to the general public, Lex Luthor and the Joker are. Lex does have rags to riches story that could work, he could defeat some slimy corporate rival like Morgan Edge and develop a hatred of Superman over the course of the film, so he has an arc.
    Actually Scarecrow and Luthor might be at the same level.

Scarecrow was in ALL 3 NOLAN Films, had his own episode in GOTHAM, was popular in BTAS and is one of the most popular Batman Villains.
    "Insidious", "The Conjuring" gave a new rise to Horror-Movies, so I think a Horror-Movie would be very popular.

Clayface, Man-Bat and Killer Croc are similar.

I highly doubt that the majority of people would watch a Lex Luthor ALONE film WITHOUT Superman.

BUT!!! I can perfectly imagine for example James Wan (The Conjuring, Insidious,....) making a Clayface, Scarecrow, Killer Croc, Man-Bat, Ventrilquist Film.
    He worked on the Swamp Thing Series, so I would LOVE to see him making Films of these characters.

Its funny that he also made "DEAD SILENCE" with the ventriloquist dolls.
    Last edited by Masterff; 05-03-2020 at 12:30 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post

Scarecrow was in ALL 3 NOLAN Films, had his own episode in GOTHAM, was popular in BTAS and is one of the most popular Batman Villains.
    "Insidious", "The Conjuring" gave a new rise to Horror-Movies, so I think a Horror-Movie would be very popular.

I highly doubt that the majority of people would watch a Lex Luthor ALONE film WITHOUT Superman.

BUT!!! I can perfectly imagine for example James Wan (The Conjuring, Insidious,....) making a Clayface, Scarecrow, Killer Croc, Man-Bat, Ventrilquist Film.
    He worked on the Swamp Thing Series, so I would LOVE to see him making Films of these characters.

Its funny that he also made "DEATH SILENCE" with the ventriloquist dolls.
    There is an episode of the TWILIGHT ZONE involving a ventriloquist and his doll. It was one of the more scary episodes that the show had produced.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post

Its funny that he also made "DEAD SILENCE" with the ventriloquist dolls.
    I'm sure a lot of people said the same about Joker w/o Batman or Venom w/o Spider-Man. The people who make movies tend to be able to envision things that fans cannot.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by EmaHalJordan View Post
    None, there are many great heroes still in need of their own movie! Atom Ray Palmer, Hawkman and Hawkwoman, Green Arrow, Firestorm, the JSA, New Gods.
    We already have enough with the Suicide Squad!
    My thoughts exactly. I don't root for the bad guys.

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post
    My thoughts exactly. I don't root for the bad guys.
    Is having someone to root for a requirement for you to enjoy a movie (or any kind of fiction)?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Is having someone to root for a requirement for you to enjoy a movie (or any kind of fiction)?
    Pretty much yes. There are a few exceptions but in general if there isn't at least one character I find engaging then there's no point.