Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I'm wondering what would happen if Dio tries to drink Alucard's blood during a timestop.
    I'm serious wonder this too, anyone have any theories? Also, what would happen if Alucard absorbed Dio as another soul inside him? Just like how he has access to Dandy's cards and abilities along with Rip's do you think if he absorbed Dio he'd get control of his stand?
    Last edited by Kirika; 05-02-2020 at 10:44 AM.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirika View Post
    I'm serious wonder this too, anyone have any theories? Also, what would happen if Alucard absorbed Dio as another soul inside him? Just like how he has access to Dandy's cards and abilities along with Rip's do you think if he absorbed Dio he'd get control of his stand?
    He probably would - people and things he eats tend to be tools for him to use later.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    He probably would - people and things he eats tend to be tools for him to use later.
    I can only imagine the fun Alucard would have trolling Seras and Integra with time stop.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Him trolling polnareff is just timestop then move. Alucard can move at the same speeds. And its not like Dio can endlessly spam Timestop. Its 6-9 seconds each go, Alucard will cotton on eventually especially since he has the luxury of a lot of lives
    And by a lot of lives, jetengine means in the realm of thousands, if not millions. To the point where the enemy, after decades of one-sided research, figured the only way to get rid of him was by throwing a personification of the Schrodinger's Cat paradox in while he was absorbing the blood from war-ravaged London.

And that only took Alucard out for 30 years, after which he came back WITH those same powers, meaning that Alucard is, for all intents in regards to this battle, impossible for Dio to kill before Alucard manages to KO him. Especially Schrodinger's Cat Paradox Alucard.

Well, except for The World Over Heaven Dio, but that Dio is a reality warper that required Jotaro to become a reality warper as well to defeat.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

We should probably clarify that Dio is not your typical vampire (JoJo vampires are more like alter humans/another type of organism than any demonic nature), so the usual divine means outside of sunlight (holy water, silver) aren't really going to be effective against him.

Yeah, Dios unused to modern firearms, especially Alucards ludicrous handcannons and at the end of the day he just needs to hit Dio in the head which....is pretty standard for anti vampire shenanigans.

I suspect he'd take interest in how a heart shot doesnt do anything but then fall back in a headshot
    Technically, Dio developed the World when he had Enya shoot at him, so Dio is at least somewhat familiar with modern firearms ('80s, anyway). And since Jojo vampires are not inherently demonic, blessed weapons have no additional effects on him.

On the other hand, it is at least implied that a Jojo Vampire needs to "use" blood to regenerate itself, especially from major damage, with brain damage being especially tricky. That was the point of Jotaro going for a head-shot - Dio would be disabled until that healed, and Jotaro could simply re-inflect the damage as needed to keep Dio down until the sun came up.

So, while Alucard's guns would not one-shot Dio due to using blessed ammo, they would probably have enough firepower to deal major damage to Dio anyway.

I would favor Alucard, unless the silliest possible situation occurs. Jojo-verse vampires can absorb blood anywhere on their bodies. They do not require the traditional bite, their skin will absorb blood splashed on it directly. So if Dio can splat Alucard in the first exchange, and then roll around naked in the blood pool, Dio could theoretically just drink up all of Alucard.

TL;DR - Favors Alucard after a long fight, unless Dio gets head-shot early (and the World should be able to catch at least some of the bullets) or Dio manages to drink Alucard.
    ---

Sincerely,

Melchior, the Geddon Knight

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I mean, it's not like Alucard can do anything to keep Dio from taking his guns and unloading them in Alucard's own face, and/or drinking his blood every time the latter freezes time.

Astonishing Member

I mean, it's not like Alucard can do anything to keep Dio from taking his guns and unloading them in Alucard's own face, and/or drinking his blood every time the latter freezes time.
    There's that as well.

And I've yet to see any convincing argument on how Alucard's getting around the timestop.

Quote Originally Posted by Melchior View Post
    Technically, Dio developed the World when he had Enya shoot at him, so Dio is at least somewhat familiar with modern firearms ('80s, anyway). And since Jojo vampires are not inherently demonic, blessed weapons have no additional effects on him.

On the other hand, it is at least implied that a Jojo Vampire needs to "use" blood to regenerate itself, especially from major damage, with brain damage being especially tricky. That was the point of Jotaro going for a head-shot - Dio would be disabled until that healed, and Jotaro could simply re-inflect the damage as needed to keep Dio down until the sun came up.

So, while Alucard's guns would not one-shot Dio due to using blessed ammo, they would probably have enough firepower to deal major damage to Dio anyway.

I would favor Alucard, unless the silliest possible situation occurs. Jojo-verse vampires can absorb blood anywhere on their bodies. They do not require the traditional bite, their skin will absorb blood splashed on it directly. So if Dio can splat Alucard in the first exchange, and then roll around naked in the blood pool, Dio could theoretically just drink up all of Alucard.

TL;DR - Favors Alucard after a long fight, unless Dio gets head-shot early (and the World should be able to catch at least some of the bullets) or Dio manages to drink Alucard.
    Enya shot him with a stand arrow, not a gun. And the issue with Alucards guns isnt so much that their blessed etc its their stopping power. Cassul is .445 rounds, effectively supermagnum shots, also explosive tipped. Similarly jackal rounds are explosive tipped....and also 13mm arm and leg blowing off monsters. Anderson can shrug odf the first by regeneration the second tears his limbs off.
    Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    There's that as well.

And I've yet to see any convincing argument on how Alucard's getting around the timestop.
    Brute force. Dio can only hold 6-9 seconds and needs some kind of cool down period in between. Alucard will cotton on and kill him. Alucard may not immediately be aware its a time stop but its not ultra hard to figure out. All he needs is one...maybe two good hits (if he goes for a heartshot first)

Enya shot him with a stand arrow, not a gun. And the issue with Alucards guns isnt so much that their blessed etc its their stopping power. Cassul is .445 rounds, effectively supermagnum shots, also explosive tipped. Similarly jackal rounds are explosive tipped....and also 13mm arm and leg blowing off monsters. Anderson can shrug odf the first by regeneration the second tears his limbs off.

Brute force. Dio can only hold 6-9 seconds and needs some kind of cool down period in between. Alucard will cotton on and kill him. Alucard may not immediately be aware its a time stop but its not ultra hard to figure out. All he needs is one...maybe two good hits (if he goes for a heartshot first)
    The problem is that the first timestop is going to end with Alucard not having guns anymore, and all his bullets being fired into his own skull, even discounting that Stardust Crusaders era Dio is strong enough to throw small ships/steamrollers and The World's base stats are on par with the super-sonic and ridiculously strong/durable Star Platinum, and every subsequent timestop will result in Dio drinking his fill from Alucard if he hasn't been killed beforehand.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I think it should also be noted that I'm fairly sure that Alucard is faster than Dio outside of time stop.

Like by a not inconsiderable margin.

Alucard is capable of catching multi-mach magical projectiles in his teeth and is shown to be consistently faster than people who can block sustain barrages of machine gun fire.

I mean, look at Luke:

Not only is it a really fun and well done sequence but Luke is Joe Nobody compared to the stronger vampires in the series and Alucard casually rips through him and people much faster and stronger than him.

Dio and The World are physically more powerful in terms of lifting and striking but Alucard is quicker.

This is an interesting match.

Quote Originally Posted by Melchior View Post

Hold it, when you say blessed ammo wouldn't kill Dio in one blow, are you saying you think Blessed bullets are only useful for taking down vampires with a stated in canon weakness to them? The fact is, stated weakness or not dio's stand to me could seriously be destroyed in the fight if alucard shoots it/him one or multiple times.

How much pure impact did bullets fired by the Jackal s have, anyway, considering that it took awhile before Dio and The World started taking serious damage from Star Platinum's ridiculous strength?

How much pure impact did bullets fired by the Jackal s have, anyway, considering that it took awhile before Dio and The World started taking serious damage from Star Platinum's ridiculous strength?
    Like the version of the Jackal in the manga and second anime the version in the first anime could outright sever limbs, and in the case of when Alucard was fighting Incognito it was shown that after enough bullets where fired it could completely destroy a persons head, leaving nothing above the neck.

As far as what Alucards last fight with Anderson shows if it wasn't for the fact that Anderson had the nail inside him one blow from the Jackal to his head would be enough to kill him, if in the right situation I could see it be used to utterly destroy Andersons head the same way the first anime's version of it was used to destory Incognito's.
    Last edited by Kirika; 05-07-2020 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirika View Post
    Hold it, when you say blessed ammo wouldn't kill Dio in one blow, are you saying you think Blessed bullets are only useful for taking down vampires with a stated in canon weakness to them? The fact is, stated weakness or not dio's stand to me could seriously be destroyed in the fight if alucard shoots it/him one or multiple times.
    Impact-wise, yeah, Dio's not going to be happily shrugging off rounds. As stated before though, the fact they're blessed doesn't really matter to a JoJo vampire.