Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

It's been a little over a year since stargazer01 started this thread . . .

By the way, my answer to the question is: at the moment, I'm not a happy DC fan.

The most unhappy with them I've ever been. Infinite Frontier or How AT&T Learned To Stop Worrying And Adapt 5G, is counter to pretty much every reason I'm a fan in the first place.

Though I have changed my mind on Hoechlin, as I dragged his Superman in my original post. He didn't get a fair shot with me and just as far as he goes, he's a fine Superman.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-15-2021 at 12:44 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I like what I’m reading.

So I’m happy.

I'm not happy at all - I've dropped all my DC titles at this point and am looking elsewhere while pursuing gaps in my collection.
    Visit The Blog of Oa for Green Lantern News, Reviews, Podcasts and more

I’m slightly more happy than I was a year ago but that’s not saying much as I was at an all time low in my DC fandom.

Wonder Woman is in the best state she has ever been and it's the best book DC is putting out in terms of fun, action, intrigue and amazing art. The Wonder Girl book with Yara Flor also looks fire. Great art just like the Wonder Woman book, and Yara seems like a fun character in the hands of Joelle Jones

I wasn't reading the previous Flash book (the whole strength force and stuff was too dumb for me) but this new run has been a lot of fun. Green Lantern #2 was actually really cool, just worried about the battery blowing up since it has happened a over the last few years, but I'm sure Geoffrey Thorne will do something interesting since the rest of the story is actually going in a really interesting direction. Superman and the Authority have got me psyched. I really like the future state Superman Worlds of War book by Philip K Johnson, but the first mini arc "Golden Age" didn't really grab me.
    I really liked the first issue of Batman/ Superman (which everyone was hyping up) but haven't picked up the second one.

Teen Titans Academy and Suicide Squad have me intrigued but I haven't read them yet either.

I think most characters getting published are actually going in a great direction (with the exception of Jon Kent). Seems like al the writers are really interested in writing fun stories that enhance the best qualities of each hero.

Not really interested in the Batman line right now.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I like what I’m reading.

So I’m happy.
    I also am liking what I am reading. But then, I usually do else i wouldn't read it. My point is the stuff I usually like to read is stuff DC is no longer publishing and I'm limited to a few limited series.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I also am liking what I am reading. But then, I usually do else i wouldn't read it. My point is the stuff I usually like to read is stuff DC is no longer publishing and I'm limited to a few limited series.
    What were you reading before and what did you drop?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Wonder Woman is in the best state she has ever been and it's the best book DC is putting out in terms of fun, action, intrigue and amazing art. The Wonder Girl book with Yara Flor also looks fire. Great art just like the Wonder Woman book, and Yara seems like a fun character in the hands of Joelle Jones

I wasn't reading the previous Flash book (the whole strength force and stuff was too dumb for me) but this new run has been a lot of fun. Green Lantern #2 was actually really cool, just worried about the battery blowing up since it has happened a over the last few years, but I'm sure Geoffrey Thorne will do something interesting since the rest of the story is actually going in a really interesting direction. Superman and the Authority have got me psyched. I really like the future state Superman Worlds of War book by Philip K Johnson, but the first mini arc "Golden Age" didn't really grab me.
    I really liked the first issue of Batman/ Superman (which everyone was hyping up) but haven't picked up the second one.

Teen Titans Academy and Suicide Squad have me intrigued but I haven't read them yet either.

I think most characters getting published are actually going in a great direction (with the exception of Jon Kent). Seems like al the writers are really interested in writing fun stories that enhance the best qualities of each hero.

Not really interested in the Batman line right now.
    Definitely recommend PKJ Action if you haven’t read that. “The Golden Age” and his Superman are basically just filler for Tom Taylor, Action is the book he’ll be on long term and he’s bringing a lot of ambition to it.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Yes I'm pretty happy
    Animation, TV shows, movies [ZSJL, Joker did most of the heavy lifting] are all banging- 8/10

Comics - 7/10 [not too happy with Clark's reduced presence]

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Yes I'm pretty happy
    Animation, TV shows, movies [ZSJL, Joker did most of the heavy lifting] are all banging- 8/10
    Similar for me. While I complain about the shared universe films, the animated films are still all typically enjoyable enough with the occasional gem here and there. Young Justice came back and there's more coming. Harley Quinn is a fun ride and a blast. The Lego films are a joy. As long as WB/DC animation continues being relatively strong I can never be too sad a fan.

While I'm not as big a Snyder fan, ZSJL was pretty alright and way, way better than that theatrical abomination some years back. Meanwhile Joker was one of my top 3 favorite live action films of the last decade (other 2 being Mr. Holmes and Shin Godzilla). Wonder Woman (haven't seen 84 yet), Shazam, and Aquaman were all fun, and I'm one of the few big fans of the BOP film around here. Meanwhile I'm really excited for The Batman ever since that teaser dropped last year, and I'm loving all the recent rumors of a Joker 2.

On the book front, I've never followed the ongoings anyway, so as long as there's at least a few good Black Label, Young Adult, Kids, and other out of continuity or one off or minis or OGNs or other stand alone books I'm satisfied. There's a few books released I've got on my list (Curse of the White Knight, Victor and Nora: A Gotham Love Story, etc) and more coming (Batman Reptilian). So I'm not hard to please on this front.

Amazing Member

Im happy, but it could be a happier happy. XD

Liking the comic side of things, a few more series would be neat, but most what i read i enjoy.
    Mainly Batman and Detective Comics, but also Nightwing.

Movie wise we dont have too much at the moment, ZSJL was okay but the sooner we move on the better.
    A lot of neat stuff in the works im excited for.
    And i liked most that came out, WW84,BOP, Aquaman.

Tv show wise, not too happy.
    The CW stuff sucks mostly, everything else is fine.
    Liking Superman&Lois a lot.

Sadly nothing animated series currently unless Harley Quinn returns, which i like.

Not happy with the animated movies, they are mostly a miss to me.

In General im happy, but there is a lot room to get me happier.

Currently no at all. There is too much Batbooks in the market and my Marvel read list is by far longer and superior than DC. So I'm a happy Marvel fan.
    Last edited by Johnrevenge; 05-16-2021 at 01:09 AM.

With the exception of the dreadful Bendis JL and the (so far) dull PKJ Superman, I’m liking or loving everything I’m reading, which is most everything else. But I am on the verge of dropping JL and I haven’t done that since the pre-Morrison 90s.

I forgot to mention television - the CW is meh, and Superman and Lois is sadly boring - gee surprise surprise the family man dynamic I'm not a fan of isn't winning me over...

But Stargirl was good, and I'm interested in the HBO Max shows.