Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Raijin View Post
    I’d say I am. I just simply ignore what I don’t like. I feel that fan base is way too harsh with their “criticism” and disrespect. No company gets it right all the @&$!ing time. So I fail to understand why DC needs to be the exception, that it needs to move mountains for people. I feel like if people feel so strongly against the brand and what they do and don’t do. Then stop buying. That’s how I see it. I have no issues with them, never have.
    You nailed it, back in the 80’s I outgrew Marvel because all they had was superheroes, that’s what DC has over them every comic book or movie doesn’t need to be about a superhero it gets old.I’m one those people that’s not really big on continuity , I take a run for what it is just follow the guidelines of the character and entertain me. Must add the live action Doom Patrol series is great.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by blackbolt396 View Post
    You nailed it, back in the 80’s I outgrew Marvel because all they had was superheroes, that’s what DC has over them every comic book or movie doesn’t need to be about a superhero it gets old.I’m one those people that’s not really big on continuity , I take a run for what it is just follow the guidelines of the character and entertain me. Must add the live action Doom Patrol series is great.
    Continuity is good and all. But I will take a good and entertaining story before anything. Continuity is NOT the end all, be all.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Pretty content.

I like what Bendis is doing with Superman in the comics. I’m loving Fraction Jimmy Olsen and Rucka Lois Lane. Wonder Comics was great, and Supes got some good showings there. I wish Romita Jr. wasn’t still on Action but oh well. Sucks that WB has given up on Supes on the film side but I like Hoechlin and am looking forward to the TV show. I’m also grateful and enjoying all the focus Supes has gotten on the animated side. Liked Red Son and am looking forward to Apokolips War and Man of Tomorrow.

Really enjoying Tynion’s Batman so far, Tomasi’s Tec is meh but I’ll still enjoy the occasional issue. Looking forward to Reeves The Batman reboot. Also curious about the WB Montreal Batman game reboot with the Court of Owls. I was pretty burned out after Knight so they’ll have to really revamp stuff to get me in Day 1, but I’ll probably pick it up down the line.

WW though has been pretty bad. The main book hasn’t risen above “ok” since Rucka left. Looking forward to the movie, and hopefully DC will finally get its **** together with regards to her ongoing.

Enjoying Aquaman, Flash, and GL. The real failure are the teams. Bendis YJ and LoSH are just kind of plodding along. JL is ok but it’s just running filler right now. Dropped Batman and the Outsiders because it bored me. The Titans need to be fixed, Nightwing needs to come back already. Even though I’m enjoying DC, there’s plenty they could be doing better on.

No i'm not not a Happy DC Fan right now not happy w the treatment of Donna Troy's character and that stupid origin story they came up for her theirs no Titans book w the exception of Teen Titans n i'm not a fan of any of these characters w the exception of Djinn and Crush.we have no JSA.this new LSH nope not a fan of it either if u wanted to add different races to the team create new characters don't take away characters that we've known and redo them.also I love the Justice League but honestly i'd rather you go back to the Satellite years instead of having several different JL Books I for one refuse to buy 3 r 4 different JL books w crappy stories and art.i feel that 2 JL book would do the job.you can have a Justice League that would be something like the unlimited cartoon from years ago have bout 20 to 25 members and rotate them for whatever adventure arise.then you could have a Justice League International Lead by Martain Manhunter and it would be filled w international heroes and be the new global guardians and we could have Vixen.Dr Light.Red Star ect.

also can we have other Team books make a come back or create new one's like Marvel does.DC has a lot's of teams in limbo and don't get me wrong like I said I love the Titans and the Justice League but their should be more we could choose from.All Star Squadron.Freedom Fighters.Gen 13.Infinity Inc.JSA.New Gods.Night Force.the Omega Men.the Power Co.Primal Force.the Ravers.the Ravagers.Stormwatch.Shadowpact.S.T,A.R.Corps.Super men of America.the Wonders.W.i.l.d.cats.and these were never teams but just think if they were the Brave and the Bold.the World's Finest.

DC has a slew of unused heroes who are in limbo really Good characters who deserve a little more show and tell.their was a time when I spent a $100 bucks a month buying comics.the only books I buy now are Batman and the Outsiders I love Black Lightning so he's the reason i'm getting that.the Justice League not a fan of the JLO or JLD.i was however buying Wonder Woman but stop since their going to continue to destroye Donna w that Ridiculous origin so that's it nothing else at DC has my instrest.i gave on Marvel years ago so.these 2 books will be it for me until something better comes along.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    No i'm not not a Happy DC Fan right now not happy w the treatment of Donna Troy's character and that stupid origin story they came up for her theirs no Titans book w the exception of Teen Titans n i'm not a fan of any of these characters w the exception of Djinn and Crush.we have no JSA.this new LSH nope not a fan of it either if u wanted to add different races to the team create new characters don't take away characters that we've known and redo them.also I love the Justice League but honestly i'd rather you go back to the Satellite years instead of having several different JL Books I for one refuse to buy 3 r 4 different JL books w crappy stories and art.i feel that 2 JL book would do the job.you can have a Justice League that would be something like the unlimited cartoon from years ago have bout 20 to 25 members and rotate them for whatever adventure arise.then you could have a Justice League International Lead by Martain Manhunter and it would be filled w international heroes and be the new global guardians and we could have Vixen.Dr Light.Red Star ect.

also can we have other Team books make a come back or create new one's like Marvel does.DC has a lot's of teams in limbo and don't get me wrong like I said I love the Titans and the Justice League but their should be more we could choose from.All Star Squadron.Freedom Fighters.Gen 13.Infinity Inc.JSA.New Gods.Night Force.the Omega Men.the Power Co.Primal Force.the Ravers.the Ravagers.Stormwatch.Shadowpact.S.T,A.R.Corps.Super men of America.the Wonders.W.i.l.d.cats.and these were never teams but just think if they were the Brave and the Bold.the World's Finest.

DC has a slew of unused heroes who are in limbo really Good characters who deserve a little more show and tell.their was a time when I spent a $100 bucks a month buying comics.the only books I buy now are Batman and the Outsiders I love Black Lightning so he's the reason i'm getting that.the Justice League not a fan of the JLO or JLD.i was however buying Wonder Woman but stop since their going to continue to destroye Donna w that Ridiculous origin so that's it nothing else at DC has my instrest.i gave on Marvel years ago so.these 2 books will be it for me until something better comes along.
    Yes, the point that DC has all these unused character that they show no sign of using again any time soon is a huge problem for me too. They pretty much just do the same characters over and over again.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

lol no
    The only thing interesting right now for me is some of the YA graphic novels. Once in awhile, I'll be interested in a title or two but they're not like when I first started when I'm interested in every title, and more often than not I end up not buying it.

Like someone said, DC entertainment is a mixed bag for me too. But I'm still here and interested and waiting for some good stuff. I think they have delivered some great stuff, but as Superman fan first, it has been very frustrating.

I can live with older Superman and JL comics that I love, but I want new material eventually. The CW Superman and Lois show is not something that excites me because they have done him so dirty so far (IMO), but I'll still check out the first few episodes to see if it's any good. At least I still have animated movies, and other DC movies or shows that I hope are good/great. I'm just not hoping much from the CW.

The good thing is that I'm also into other fandoms, so if DC disappoints, at least I have other things to find entertainment.
    Last edited by stargazer01; 05-01-2020 at 03:06 PM.

On the comics side, they are putting out good stories, but since DC Rebirth there's an overall lack of direction and consistent continuity. And on the TV/movies side, I'm watching increasingly less DC shows due to the overall lack of quality, still no signal of the REAL Justice League movie and I have no interest in most upcoming DC films.

So, no, right now I'm not a happy DC fan.
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

Extraordinary Member

You nailed it, back in the 80’s I outgrew Marvel because all they had was superheroes, that’s what DC has over them every comic book or movie doesn’t need to be about a superhero it gets old.
    This is not true.
    Not Every marvel comic is a superhero comic,not even in the 80's.
    Even in the 80's marvel had star wars,alf,air raiders for example.

Marvel has other things like horror,mystery,supernatural,war,romance etc.. just like dc.
    There are still making non- superhero comics even today.

Not every film based on Marvel Comics is a superhero film as well.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Marvel_films

Yes - Because I don't care about continuity or follow monthlies. I enjoyed Man and Superman, I enjoyed Harleen, I enjoyed Batman: The White Knight, I'm eagerly awaiting my when money or coming to trade let's me collect Superman Smashes the Klan, Curse of the White Knight, Batman Overdrive (bought that one, but thanks corona it hasn't shipped yet), the upcoming Lois Lane and the Friendship Challenge, and more. Thanks to the Kid's and YA and Black Label line there's some really interesting stories being churned out right now for a more casual type collector and reader like myself. DC is giving me a slew of options on what to read.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    This is not true.
    Not Every marvel comic is a superhero comic,not even in the 80's.
    Even in the 80's marvel had star wars,alf,air raiders for example.

Marvel has other things like horror,mystery,supernatural,war,romance etc.. just like dc.
    There are still making non- superhero comics even today.

Not every film based on Marvel Comics is a superhero film as well.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Marvel_films
    I started out as a Marvel zombie from the mid 70’s I loved Marvel’s horror hero books but in the 80’s it was mostly nothing but Capes and that’s my opinion I love comics in all forms DC has my favorite superhero and they put out a lot more diverse books in my opinion over the years. Sandman, Y:the last man, Fables,100 bullets , Swamp Thing, House of secrets, house of mystery, I mean you can just go on and on.

Extraordinary Member

I started out as a Marvel zombie from the mid 70’s I loved Marvel’s horror hero books but in the 80’s it was mostly nothing but Capes and that’s my opinion I love comics in all forms DC has my favorite superhero and they put out a lot more diverse books in my opinion over the years. Sandman, Y:the last man, Fables,100 bullets , Swamp Thing, House of secrets, house of mystery, I mean you can just go on and on.
    I just gave you some examples you just ignored.
    When it comes to non-superhero comics i am not sure if dc has put out more or not but marvel has put out alot non-superhero comics over the years as well before the 80's,in the 80's and after the 80's.

When it comes to superheroes itself marvel has put out more diverse type of stuff then dc.
    So capes was not only thing in 80's for marvel.

By the way when you think of dc and marvel you think of superheros first anyway.
    So some would say why even bother if you only want non-superhero books/comics or mostly non-superhero stuff.
    There are other companies for that if you only want to focus on non-superhero books or comics.

In the end it does not matter who puts out the more diverse non-superhero comics.
    You should not look to dc and marvel anyway for non-superhero comics.
    That's not the main focus for companies that have superheroes as the main focus.

If have them then fine.
    It will just be a added bonus.
    If they don't have them that's fine too.
    Last edited by mace11; 05-01-2020 at 10:12 PM.

Incredible Member

Marvel's Epic line had a pretty good range of stuff and started way before Vertigo but for whatever reason its been largely forgotten by history.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    I just gave you some examples you just ignored.
    When it comes to non-superhero comics i am not sure if dc has put out more or not but marvel has put out alot non-superhero comics over the years as well before the 80's,in the 80's and after the 80's.

When it comes to superheroes itself marvel has put out more diverse type of stuff then dc.
    So capes was not only thing in 80's for marvel.

By the way when you think of dc and marvel you think of superheros first anyway.
    So some would say why even bother if you only want non-superhero books/comics or mostly non-superhero stuff.
    There are other companies for that if you only want to focus on non-superhero books or comics.

In the end it does not matter who puts out the more diverse non-superhero comics.
    You should not look to dc and marvel anyway for non-superhero comics.
    That's not the main focus for companies that have superheroes as the main focus.

If have them then fine.
    It will just be a added bonus.
    If they don't have them that's fine too.
    Like I said my opinion you have yours I have mine , at this time DC is publishing what I like so back to the topic I’m happy.

Comics:
    Indifferent.

Movies:
    Not happy but I do feel that they're getting better.

TV:
    Very happy I love all the CW TV shows they have been much better than the films and some of the comics and I can't wait to see Stargirl and Superman and Lois and BTW Tyler Hoechlin is a great Superman he's already better than Henry Cavil (my cat could is better actor than Cavil).

Animation:
    Not happy. A lot of the recent animated movies look a like and most are boring.