Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I also am liking what I am reading. But then, I usually do else i wouldn't read it. My point is the stuff I usually like to read is stuff DC is no longer publishing and I'm limited to a few limited series.
    I mostly read Wonder Woman and Wonder Woman adjacent stuff. There’s gonna be 4 Wonder books a month which will last most of not all of the year so I’m pretty excited about that. I’m am kind of forcing myself to read JL at the moment but I like the backup.

-

And I guess on the topic of movies, I’m pretty happy. I don’t like Snyder’s films but that doesn’t overcast the stuff I do like. I’m not really good a judging things as a whole I guess, I just accept I’m not gonna like everything. His vision for the characters isn’t moving forward anyway.

I don’t watch the CW shows but I like the cartoons and I really liked the Swamp Thing show, too bad it got canned. Maybe I’ll check out Stargirl at some point.

Not at all happy with comics, had hopes Infinite Frontier could change this but till what I am seeing not even close to the enthusiasm Rebirth brought. Two of my favorite books Aquaman and Hawkman aren't around. The monthly Solicitations from DC nobody anymore knows when they come out. So no not a happy DC comic fan right now.

As for movies and series yeah I am glad with what we are getting, especially when I recall the horrible state of DCEU few years ago.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Goldrake View Post
    Not at all happy with comics, had hopes Infinite Frontier could change this but till what I am seeing not even close to the enthusiasm Rebirth brought. Two of my favorite books Aquaman and Hawkman aren't around. The monthly Solicitations from DC nobody anymore knows when they come out. So no not a happy DC comic fan right now.

As for movies and series yeah I am glad with what we are getting, especially when I recall the horrible state of DCEU few years ago.
    just saw the march 2021 sales on comichron and its looking grim for DC, no wonder they're already planning a crisis event next year.

Quote Originally Posted by kf26 View Post
    just saw the march 2021 sales on comichron and its looking grim for DC, no wonder they're already planning a crisis event next year.
    It's looking grim for Comics in general. Consumers need to embrace the truth. Comics are pretty much a dead industry.

Quote Originally Posted by kf26 View Post
    saw those numbers indeed its grim, Honestly Infinite Frontier is nowhere close Rebirth or even N52, no interest generated in fans.

Comichron use to rely on the numbers Diamond Distribution put out based on books ordered by comic book shops (not necessarily copies sold to individuals); don't know how the numbers are put together now.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    It's looking grim for Comics in general. Consumers need to embrace the truth. Comics are pretty much a dead industry.
    That’s why I started reading superhero fiction about 5-6 years ago. I’ve read about 60 books. I’d say 80% were awesome. Fan Fiction and Web Fiction also. Of course now I’m running out of good superhero fiction because I have read all the good ones.

saw those numbers indeed its grim, Honestly Infinite Frontier is nowhere close Rebirth or even N52, no interest generated in fans.
    Can you link the article? I looked over and couldn't really find the march numbers.

Infinite frontier isn't the same as rebirth or the New 52. There are no titles starting at no 1 or any of the big gimmicks that usually propel sales. The DCUniverse hasn't changed or anything like that. There was no crisis.

Infinite frontier isn't even an event. It's pretty much just a label nothing else

I'm satisfied with DC at the moment. I started reading comics in the 2000's, I'm only invested in a handful of Characters so far. Mostly Batverse, in particular Damian, Dick, Bruce and Harley so I'm pretty much catered to.

There's also the fact that I'm having fun with lots of older comics and just getting into the DCU in general. There's a lot of material and characters out there that's brand new/fresh to me.

Animation. Can't wait for Harley s3, Loved the DCAMU and just got into Batman Brave and the bold. I'm not yearning for more nor do I find myself lamenting the lack of content so I must be satisfied.

Don't much care for the live action TV shows and not that bothered about the movies [though I've enjoyed pretty much all of them]

Games. Again satisfied.

There's too much superhero content in general so I'm kind of fatigued anyway.

Yep I'm happy with DC because the characters I enjoy are represented in their various media. Their content favours me though so....
    Last edited by dietrich; 05-16-2021 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    I think the monthly floppy industry is dead, but I see comics surviving by moving away from the old model. I look more at the Black Label, Earth One, Young Adult, and Kids stuff and see the future of comics going in that model. Which I think will be better over all.

I'm pretty happy
    Batverse is doing great and has lots of content

I see a problem or divide in that a segment of fans correlate DC's success to the dying or slowly crawling to irrelevancy medium of comics
    Manga sales are booming off the backs of anime being such a huge industry in general
    American media does not have such a model yet although with all the adaptions of comic properties its trying to get there

DC is doing great on TV, okay on the movie side, very good on the video game side, and slightly bad on the comics side

All that equals a good direction
    Eventually if DC ever does stop publishing comics a lot of their content will have to shift to original concepts instead of adapting things done in comics. That could be a good thing since it will force creators to not be so hardline and actually trying original stories which feature different characters.