Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Results 91 to 101 of 101
  1. #91
    Junior Member basbash99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    East Taunton, Mass, USA
    Posts
    320

    Default

    I'm very curious to see how Marvel would approach an Inhumans movie.

    My guess is they would somewhat stand in for X-Men, being feared/reviled by humanity but ending up saving humanity somehow. I suppose the film could be confined to Attilan but if they are going for an x-men vibe I think some interaction with humanity would be necessary.

    THe Inhumans are a pretty sombre bunch, I guess with the exception of Crystal. Will the character's personalities change to make them have more of a sense of humor?

    Will the Inhuman's world be established as having existed for a long time or will they gain their powers during the movie?

    Does the whole royal family make the cut? Blackbolt, Medusa, Gorgon, Triton, Karnak, Maximus, Crystal, Lockjaw? Will Quicksilver show up? Will Blackbolt have the same power levels as the comic or will he be downgraded a bit so that Vin Diesel's voice gets used at least a little?

    have to second the question about how Fox doesn't have the rights to the Inhumans as part of FF.

    Lots of questions, fun to consider though.

  2. #92
    Newbie Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by basbash99 View Post
    I'm very curious to see how Marvel would approach an Inhumans movie.

    My guess is they would somewhat stand in for X-Men, being feared/reviled by humanity but ending up saving humanity somehow. I suppose the film could be confined to Attilan but if they are going for an x-men vibe I think some interaction with humanity would be necessary.

    THe Inhumans are a pretty sombre bunch, I guess with the exception of Crystal. Will the character's personalities change to make them have more of a sense of humor?

    Will the Inhuman's world be established as having existed for a long time or will they gain their powers during the movie?

    Does the whole royal family make the cut? Blackbolt, Medusa, Gorgon, Triton, Karnak, Maximus, Crystal, Lockjaw? Will Quicksilver show up? Will Blackbolt have the same power levels as the comic or will he be downgraded a bit so that Vin Diesel's voice gets used at least a little?

    have to second the question about how Fox doesn't have the rights to the Inhumans as part of FF.

    Lots of questions, fun to consider though.

    I hope the first film establishes the origins of the Inhuman race (e.g. how the Kree created them to be biological "sleeper cells" on different worlds) and make them seem like they truly are not of this earth. It could have Avengers cameos as they encounter the outside world, as well as stuff with Thanos, Ronan, Mar-Vell and Adam Warlock. It would be cool if the end of the first film sets up the next film with Black Bolt setting off the T-Bomb and mutating people, then the following film could be all about "Inhumanity" and the Nuhumans.

  3. #93
    BAMF!!!!! KurtW95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    So who will play Lockjaw???
    Frank Welker obviously.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

  4. #94
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pabst View Post
    Oh this is good news. But if it's like the comic, it'll be on a slow boat to China and might be released in the mid 22nd century. I really like the series but it feels like the release of each issue is painfully slow.
    Rumor is that this is one of the dates Marvel has announced and could begin production next year

  5. #95
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,956

    Default

    Marvel with the Inhumans needs to think more of Game of Thones and less renamed X-Men.

  6. #96
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    366

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Marvel with the Inhumans needs to think more of Game of Thones and less renamed X-Men.
    Yes please this

  7. #97
    Junior Member shingi_70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Marvel with the Inhumans needs to think more of Game of Thones and less renamed X-Men.
    It could easily be both, if they had planned inhmanity better. Two books should have spined out of Inhumanity

    Inhuman- Pretty much along the lines of what the books is doing right now, playing and building up the every day normal people who are being turned inhuman.

    Inhumans- A book looking at the GOTish conflict between Medusa and Lash, and featuring the royals.

    Currently inhman is trying to balance both and doing a good job at it, but the page count just isn't that high if they want this franchise to replace the xmen.

  8. #98
    Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    3,680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Marvel with the Inhumans needs to think more of Game of Thones and less renamed X-Men.
    Yeah, they need play up that they're royalty and have major class issues. The oppressed minority metaphor doesn't work as well for the Inhumans because they aren't born with their powers like mutants. Prejudice towards them would be more akin to cultural prejudice as opposed to outright racism.

  9. #99
    Astonishing Member Myetche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,052

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mermaid View Post
    The oppressed minority metaphor doesn't work as well for the Inhumans because they aren't born with their powers like mutants.
    I think it's more of the fact that unlike mutants, they insist on staying isolated from the rest of the Earth and so most humans don't even know that Inhumans exist.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

  10. #100
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Frank Welker obviously.
    Andy Serkis via mo-cap. This is the only logical choice.

  11. #101
    Fantastic Member Dabrikishaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    250

    Default

    According to the Mystery Marvel Studios Event, the Inhumans are getting a film on November 2, 2018.
    Last edited by Dabrikishaw; 10-28-2014 at 11:40 AM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •