Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I hope the movie will be reminiscent of the Jenkins & Lee run. Unfortunately, Marvel will probably mold the Inhumans so they fit into their lighthearted and fun style of film.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    The humor will be Vin Diesel as Black Bolt. It's Ben Affleck all over again. Whoever did this castings need to be fired. I'm just glad for now it hasn't been confirmed that he will play BB.
    Not sure how it will be an issue if the character is going to be a mute for most of the film. Unless they are planning to retcon BB into a talker.....

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

So who will play Lockjaw???
    I have three doggies ready to audition. Only one follows direction well, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    You know, maybe this could be a good opportunity. This could be a chance for Marvel to make a truly diverse film. Instead of casting yet another white guy as the lead role, that could go to a woman, or a person of colour.
    Solution: Make Medusa the main character.

Then at least the Kree can be used to reference the Inhumans' origins.
    I suppose they could make it the Kree-Chitauri war then, or something....

I'm Drowning For You Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    :Missed Lockjaw joke opportunity:

In a way not having the Fantastic Four and X-men has forced Marvel to be more creative. A blessing in disguise.

If only the phenomenon would filter down to publishing. Then again comic fans would have to be open to new things.
    Indeed. On all counts.
    This news has definitely sparked my interest.
    Sun and Moon
    STORM #1...Greg Pak (W) Victor Ibanez (A/CA)...July 23rd 2014
    Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mermaid View Post
    I'm pretty excited about the prospect of an Inhumans movie. A two things I'm wanting from it though:
    1) Give Medusa and Crystal important roles; ie, no more of this 1 womenz per team crap
    A thousand times, yes.

It helps that the two characters are *wildly* different in personality (and powers / role), so there's no excuse not to have both of them, particularly when your male figures include Triton, who rarely says anything, and Black Bolt, who used to never say anything, since it was such a big deal when he made a peep (unlike more recently, when he's shouting on covers in the middle of super-hero brawls, like he's Banshee or something, and doesn't have ridiculous levels of power *other* than his doomsday scream, which used to be able to shatter cities, but is apparently now not even a threat to a bunch of people standing next to him...). Crystal is also vital because, like Sue in the Fantastic Four or Jean or Ororo in the X-Men, she's very much one of the 'big guns' of the Inhuman royal family, second only to Black Bolt, and head and shoulders above Karnak, Gorgon, Triton or Medusa.

2) Play up the kingdom/GoT-ish feel and don't try to rip off the X-Men's oppressed minority themes.
    Agreed. They aren't an oppressed minority, they are a covert civilization with alien ties co-existing on Earth. They could easily be a tie between the 'cosmic/space' adventures of the Guardians of the Galaxy and the more grounded characters among the Avengers (Iron Man, SHIELD agents, etc.). Thor, obviously, has a foot in both worlds, thanks to his Asgardian roots.

If all the Infinity Stone stuff isn't over by the time an Inhumans movie comes around, the Terrigenization process could even be tied to an infinity stone, which would give the Inhumans (and Attilan, and the Royal Family) a built-in reason to get involved in a story involving Thanos assembling the Gauntlet.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

I'm pretty excited about the prospect of an Inhumans movie. A two things I'm wanting from it though:
    1) Give Medusa and Crystal important roles; ie, no more of this 1 womenz per team crap
    2) Play up the kingdom/GoT-ish feel and don't try to rip off the X-Men's oppressed minority themes
    I too would like to see both of those things. I think Medusa and Crystal will almost certainly be involved. Unfortunately, I think it'll be more X-Men substitute and less GoT but here's hoping eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrikishaw View Post
    The Skrulls are with the Fantastic Four film rights, unfortunately.
    Yes, but not exclusively. It has been confirmed that, much like Wanda and Pietro, the rights are shared between Marvel and Fox. Marvel could use them if they were that way inclined.

Niffleheim

Mr. Mermaid I have three doggies ready to audition. Only one follows direction well, though...
    lol! I was thinking of Vin Diesel for that role
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Solution: Make Medusa the main character.
    That would be the logical thing to do. I would almost be willing to bet money that Black Bolt will be the main character, and Medusa his mouthpiece.

The best thing they could do would be to remove Black Bolt early on in the film. Have him be captured in the first act. And then Medusa takes over as the leader and the main character.

I'm guessing they won't be doing that, though. I'm betting Black Bolt will be the leader and main character. Because a woman getting top billing would just be silly. I mean, who would ever want to watch an action movie where a white male isn't the one who saves the day? Madness!

BANNED

I hope they do it right by including the slave owning and stratified society bit.

o

Fantastic Member

I am really excited for this!

Invincible Member

While it would be fun to see the Inhumans on the screen, I wouldn't get too excited. Right now it's just another script among many that Marvel hasn't shot yet. And they've got things that have been laying around for years...

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    I hope they do it right by including the slave owning and stratified society bit.

o
    Yes and they should have a cold blooded look at the rest of the world. I want my Inhumans to live up to thier name in more than just having powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Not sure how it will be an issue if the character is going to be a mute for most of the film. Unless they are planning to retcon BB into a talker.....
    Oh please no!!!!!!!! BB talking is like Deadpool being mute..wait that has already happened

Quote Originally Posted by sprior93 View Post
    I hope the movie will be reminiscent of the Jenkins & Lee run. Unfortunately, Marvel will probably mold the Inhumans so they fit into their lighthearted and fun style of film.
    unfortunately, not many inhumans are lighthearted or fun except maybe maximus, lockjaw and crystal?

If Lockjaw and HBIC mode Medusa aren't in this, they shouldn't even bother making it.

So who will play Lockjaw???
    A very talented and morbidly huge bulldog.