Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrikishaw View Post
    The Skrulls are with the Fantastic Four film rights, unfortunately.
    The Skrulls are actually in the Scarlet Witch/Quicksliver territory and can be used by both companies.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    The Skrulls are actually in the Scarlet Witch/Quicksliver territory and can be used by both companies.
    People keep saying this. Link to source?

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    I too would like to see both of those things. I think Medusa and Crystal will almost certainly be involved. Unfortunately, I think it'll be more X-Men substitute and less GoT but here's hoping eh?
    All we can do is hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    That would be the logical thing to do. I would almost be willing to bet money that Black Bolt will be the main character, and Medusa his mouthpiece.

The best thing they could do would be to remove Black Bolt early on in the film. Have him be captured in the first act. And then Medusa takes over as the leader and the main character.

I'm guessing they won't be doing that, though. I'm betting Black Bolt will be the leader and main character. Because a woman getting top billing would just be silly. I mean, who would ever want to watch an action movie where a white male isn't the one who saves the day? Madness!
    The most obvious problem with Black Bolt in a movie is that he can't talk. It works for the comics because he can have an internal monologue, but I imagine that would be frustrating for movie audiences.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    A thousand times, yes.

It helps that the two characters are *wildly* different in personality (and powers / role), so there's no excuse not to have both of them, particularly when your male figures include Triton, who rarely says anything, and Black Bolt, who used to never say anything, since it was such a big deal when he made a peep (unlike more recently, when he's shouting on covers in the middle of super-hero brawls, like he's Banshee or something, and doesn't have ridiculous levels of power *other* than his doomsday scream, which used to be able to shatter cities, but is apparently now not even a threat to a bunch of people standing next to him...). Crystal is also vital because, like Sue in the Fantastic Four or Jean or Ororo in the X-Men, she's very much one of the 'big guns' of the Inhuman royal family, second only to Black Bolt, and head and shoulders above Karnak, Gorgon, Triton or Medusa.
    They would really have to dial back everything that makes Black Bolt special (his power level and inability to communicate) in order for him to be the main character. At that point, he would just be a blank slate and fun for no one.

On another note, I imagine Crystal would resonate much better with female viewers than other MCU women have like Pepper Potts and Gamora. I mean, she's basically a Disney Princess, so if they can capture that feeling on screen, I imagine she'll grab a bigger fanbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mermaid View Post

Solution: Make Medusa the main character.
    While Medusa having the lead role would be great, I think they should have Crystal be the main character. Of all the Inhumans, she is the most down to earth and kindhearted which would relate more to the audience. Also isn't she the most noteworthy member of the team in the Marvel Universe due to her being a member of the Fantastic Four and her marriage to Quicksilver?

I have virtually no idea how they would have Black Bolt be the main character, unless they had him be the narrator of the film or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    I don't have a link but I do remember someone posting in the GotG thread about the MCU producers saying something about having access to the Skrulls in some form.
    Last edited by Project Initiative Cascada; 08-12-2014 at 07:47 PM.

Ohh yes inhumans! I've been a big fan em! Oh I hope they do it right like guardians!

This is not going to end well for X-Men in comics.

Quote Originally Posted by megaharrison View Post
    This is not going to end well for X-Men in comics.
    It won't end poorly for them, either. This will have no effect on the X-Men comics at all.

Just a guess but the main film will be more of GOT/reignish in tone but the ending will end with the Terrgian Mist bomb followed by a TV series called inhuman playing up the opresssed xmen style.

Also I guess this semi confrims that Wanda, Pierto, Skye, and Reina are all inhumans.

It won't end poorly for them, either. This will have no effect on the X-Men comics at all.
    Are we still pretending Marvel's movie wars aren't extending to the comics?

Unless the big time event merges the Xmen with the Ultimate universe and in 616 were left with the inhumans.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    Feige confirmed it in an interview a while back. Might have been at the Avengers Premiere id you need to hear it with your own ears.

Quote Originally Posted by megaharrison View Post
    Are we still pretending Marvel's movie wars aren't extending to the comics?
    No, we're pretending that Marvel isn't completely stupid. The X-Men comics still sell well. Marvel isn't going to intentionally sabotage popular comics. (They might unintentionally sabotage them, as with One More Day. But they won't do it on purpose.) It's a ridiculous notion.

Quote Originally Posted by shingi_70 View Post
    Unless the big time event merges the Xmen with the Ultimate universe and in 616 were left with the inhumans.
    Unlikely, because, again, the X-Men comics are among Marvel's biggest sellers. They're not going to shunt the most popular characters they have into another continuity.

BANNED

Unlikely, because, again, the X-Men comics are among Marvel's biggest sellers. They're not going to shunt the most popular characters they have into another continuity.
    Funny you should say that:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroes_Reborn

=P

Incredible Member

I don't think people should be worried about the Inhumans becoming the mutants of the MCU just yet. They will most likely have a number of cosmic adventures before Marvel Studios decides to take them the X-Men route and do something akin to Infinity (releasing the Terrigan mist on Earth).

Quote Originally Posted by TresDias View Post
    Funny you should say that:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroes_Reborn

=P
    And it was the Avengers who got shunted off, while the X-Men - the more popular franchise - stayed in the main continuity.

Point: Me.

Anyway, that was an experiment, and the experiment failed. They wanted to update the origins of those characters. Heroes Reborn didn't get the sales they hoped for, so they abandoned the idea. Then they came up with a better one: The Ultimate Universe.