Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wonderlad View Post
    Crystal better have that headband thingy or I will die

Also will love to see the Lockjaw auditions

Crystal might just be one of the most powerful females in the Marvel Universe, but for some reason, Marvel does not use her very much.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Forever View Post
    Crystal might just be one of the most powerful females in the Marvel Universe, but for some reason, Marvel does not use her very much.

I hope they turn her into the Storm/Thor/Rainmaker (Gen 13) of the "royal family". Her elemental powers haven't been really used to their full potential over the years. Remember the old FF cartoon in the late 70's? It was shown that she can whip up instant localized hurricanes to prevent planes from getting too close to Attilan's then mountain location. She's the mother of a super-powered "hybrid" daughter, has a romantic past with other Marvel heroes and is there's a lightness to her that stands in contrast to her sister's endless gravitas. I won't give any spoiler for Inhuman #3 (it's great) but her kind of mentoring would be needed for the seemingly unstoppable Terregenenis-created NuHumans popping up all over.

Quote Originally Posted by neonrideraryeh View Post
    They'd probably market it with Black Bolt as main but since he doesn't really get many lines, Medusa will get most of the lines and it would essentially be her as the main. That's my theory anyway. It will be like a female led film pretending to be a male led film.
    The problem would be that it's still marketed as a male lead. It would still be a guy getting top billing. And even if she got the most lines, that wouldn't necessarily make her the lead.

Marvel's said they want to make movies with female leads. This is an opportunity for them to put their money where their mouth is. I'm betting they don't. I'm betting all their talk of wanting a female-led movie remains just talk.

BANNED

Great looking forward to how its done. As to those worrying it will be Guardians level humor. I don't think that will happen They did a good job of making a serious Winter Soldier movie so the same can apply to Inhumans.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

With Crystal, they need to not be afraid to crank out the CGI and give her awesome power displays (similar to Thor) so she garner some respect from viewers.

As for Black Bolt, he should be kidnapped or something towards the beginning of the film and just have the Inhumans (lead by Medusa) fighting to save their king as the plot. You can also scenes of BB getting tortured/interrogated and [you guessed it] not saying anything.

Also, I think that Maximus shouldn't be a bad guy in the first film. Save his downfall for a sequel, that way Black Bolt and Inhumans' pain over his insanity can be felt by the viewers.

Ultimate Member

I don't like that idea. One "damsels in distress" is still one of cheapest/laziest plots that you could possibly use (be it a female OR male character). Also, if you're going to do an Inhumans movie, then the ENTIRE royal family need to play big roles. Taking BB out of play early on, no just no.

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    The humor will be Vin Diesel as Black Bolt. It's Ben Affleck all over again. Whoever did this castings need to be fired. I'm just glad for now it hasn't been confirmed that he will play BB.
    I think Vin Diesel would make a fine Black Bolt so long as they give him the mask and keep him quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    You know, maybe this could be a good opportunity. This could be a chance for Marvel to make a truly diverse film. Instead of casting yet another white guy as the lead role, that could go to a woman, or a person of colour.

. . .

Man, I'm surprised I was able to get through that without bursting out laughing. Nope, this movie's going to be another opportunity for a white guy to save the day.
    This is my main concern as well. I know Vin Diesel identifies as biracial, and I like the Inhumans as characters, but it's frustrating to me as a fan of Black Panther and Captain Marvel that Marvel Studios seems so unwilling/unable to pull the trigger on those films. Inhumans just eats another slot that pushes those films further away.

BANNED

Glad I bought their first app in Fantastic Four for cheap when I did. Excited to see them take the comics and the movie into good places.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I don't like that idea. One "damsels in distress" is still one of cheapest/laziest plots that you could possibly use (be it a female OR male character). Also, if you're going to do an Inhumans movie, then the ENTIRE royal family need to play big roles. Taking BB out of play early on, no just no.
    What if it was revealed to have been BB's plan all along? Then he's not technically "in distress".

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mermaid View Post
    With Crystal, they need to not be afraid to crank out the CGI and give her awesome power displays (similar to Thor) so she garner some respect from viewers.

As for Black Bolt, he should be kidnapped or something towards the beginning of the film and just have the Inhumans (lead by Medusa) fighting to save their king as the plot. You can also scenes of BB getting tortured/interrogated and [you guessed it] not saying anything.
    Agreed on both. There's been a disappointing lack, so far, of women with real powers. There's going to be Scarlet Witch in Avengers 2, which is a good start. But it'd be nice to have more women with big powers. And yeah, I'm also in favour of removing Black Bolt early, so that Medusa can be the undisputed, unquestioned lead role, and getting top billing.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Damsel in distress is cheap because it's always damsels. A man in distress would be an interesting change of pace. And the problem with having Black Bolt in a big role is that, as the leader, he's going to wind up as the one getting top billing, and to hell with that ****. We've had enough white guys in the lead roles. More than enough. It is long past time a woman got top frigging billing. And that wouldn't happen with Black Bolt in a big role. He can get a larger role in the sequel. With Medusa still getting top billing, preferably.

I would certainly check it out, but frankly the Inhumans are pretty dull.. they never had those cool POV hero characters to ID with...like Scott Free or Big Barda , heck even Orion or Ikaris.

Black Bolt is a blowhard...such a classic look...and aspects of him are so legendary, but I'm not sure if fans would ID with him as a hero.

Maybe Crystal or Luna would work...but I think the star would need to be a new character...maybe something akin to Boon/Cabal from Craven's Nightbreed..

I don't get how Fox gets the Badoon but Marvel has the Inhumans?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    This is my main concern as well. I know Vin Diesel identifies as biracial, and I like the Inhumans as characters, but it's frustrating to me as a fan of Black Panther and Captain Marvel that Marvel Studios seems so unwilling/unable to pull the trigger on those films. Inhumans just eats another slot that pushes those films further away.
    An Inhumans movie doesn't necessarily hurt Captain Marvel's chances. There's the Kree connection there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    And it was the Avengers who got shunted off, while the X-Men - the more popular franchise - stayed in the main continuity.

Point: Me.

Anyway, that was an experiment, and the experiment failed. They wanted to update the origins of those characters. Heroes Reborn didn't get the sales they hoped for, so they abandoned the idea. Then they came up with a better one: The Ultimate Universe.
    Eh, the point kind of goes to both of us. There's precedent for a large number of their heroes being relocated, and while -- as you said -- it wasn't their most popular characters, the X-Men aren't the more popular franchise anymore.

Really, you're just reinforcing the point I made.
    Last edited by TresDias; 08-13-2014 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by THANOSRULES View Post
    I would certainly check it out, but frankly the Inhumans are pretty dull.. they never had those cool POV hero characters to ID with...like Scott Free or Big Barda , heck even Orion or Ikaris.

Black Bolt is a blowhard...such a classic look...and aspects of him are so legendary, but I'm not sure if fans would ID with him as a hero.

Maybe Crystal or Luna would work...but I think the star would need to be a new character...maybe something akin to Boon/Cabal from Craven's Nightbreed..
    Crystal is a very good choice for a POV character. She's shares a lot in common with Ariel the Little Mermaid, who is basically the most popular Disney Princess (outside of Elsa until this Frozen fad dies down).

Quote Originally Posted by TresDias View Post
    An Inhumans movie doesn't necessarily hurt Captain Marvel's chances. There's the Kree connection there.
    It does likely delay any potential Captain Marvel movie. Or a Black Panther movie, or a Black Widow movie.Or, really, any movie that doesn't have a white male lead. We've got, what, 11 movie slots between now and 2019? Ant-Man and Dr. Strange are definite. There's the two Avengers sequels. There's Captain America 3 and Thor 3. There's Guardians of the Galaxy 2. So that's 7 of the slots filled, right off the bat. So that leaves four slots left to be filled. Now we've got Inhumans (probably), so that leaves three slots. Both 2015 movies are known. Both 2016 movies are known. We know 1 of the three 2017 movies will be GotG 2. If they're working on Inhumans, it's likely to be in 2017, too. There's no release date yet for Thor 3, but it's probably pretty safe to assume 2017 for that. So that means the absolute earliest we can actually expect any movie that has a female or minority lead is 2018. Marvel should be trying to get something out before Sony and DC, but clearly, they're not going to. But even aside from that, I'm becoming genuinely sceptical that a female or minority lead is one of the three remaining slots. Maybe I'm just being cynical, but honestly, I refuse to give Marvel the benefit of the doubt on this until they say or do something to actually earn it. If Feige comes out and says, "Yes, in 2018, there will be a female- or minority-led film" - then hey, great, that's all I need to hear. That's all that anyone's actually wanted to hear. But I'm kinda expecting 2018 to consist of Ant-Man 2, Dr. Strange 2, and Captain America 4, now with a different white guy in the main role.

Eh, the point kind of goes to both of us. There's precedent for a large number of their heroes being relocated, and while -- as you said -- it wasn't their most popular characters, the X-Men aren't the more popukar franchise anymore.

Really, you're just reinforcing the point I made.
    Yeah, I'll admit I was being a little bit facetious with that comment. Still, the X-Men comics are more popular than the Avengers comics. And the reason for Heroes Reborn doesn't really apply to the X-Men. I don't think they're going to be getting shoved into another reality or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by TresDias View Post
    To me it's all about the time. The release dates are:

05/01/2015 – Avengers: Age of Ultron
    07/17/2015 – Ant-Man
    05/06/2016 – Captain America 3 (not official title)
    07/16/2016 – Unknown (Presumably Doctor Strange)
    05/05/2017 – Unknown
    07/28/2017 – Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (not official title)
    11/03/2017 – Unknown
    05/04/2018 – Unknown
    07/06/2018 – Unknown
    11/02/2018 – Unknown
    05/03/2019 – Unknown

You have to figure Thor 3 and Avengers 3 will eat up two more slots. Given that 05/04/18 will mark the 10th anniversary of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, I imagine Avengers 3 will take that date. Inhumans now looks to eat another date. Based off of the fact that Kevin Feige has said he'd like to see a sequel and new franchise introduced every year, so in theory the next few years will play out like this:

05/01/2015 – Avengers: Age of Ultron
    07/17/2015 – Ant-Man
    05/06/2016 – Captain America 3
    07/16/2016 – Doctor Strange
    05/05/2017 – Inhumans
    07/28/2017 – Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (not official title)
    11/03/2017 – Thor 3
    05/04/2018 – The Avengers 3

Now of course that's just me talking, I don't know any more about Marvel's plans than any other average joe, but it disappoints me to think that Marvel may take 10+ years and 18 films before they have one that stars a minority or a woman in the leading role.
    Last edited by robreedwrites; 08-13-2014 at 08:54 PM.