Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Natural attrition.

Creative team changes.

The book looking and feeling more like a traditional super hero comic.

A rebranding.

I think these are all contributing factors in the book's declining sales. Unless something truly catastrophic happens in the real world, I'm sure Marvel will try again in the future.
    Yeah, she's had like two re-brandings and two volumes in close sequence to each other, I don't think that was good marketing move.

Astonishing Member

[QUOTE=Kevinroc;4964284]Natural attrition.

Creative team changes.

The book looking and feeling more like a traditional super hero comic.

A rebranding.

I think these are all contributing factors in the book's declining sales. Unless something truly catastrophic happens in the real world, I'm sure Marvel will try again in the future.[/QUOTE
    I am sure they will try again with some version of Gwen. Keep in mind, they used Jackal and a creepy version of Norman Osborn in the two Gwen books. Guaranteed to remind people of Clone Saga and Sins Past, and everyone knows how reviled those stories are.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, she's had like two re-brandings and two volumes in close sequence to each other, I don't think that was good marketing move.
    Yeah, I wonder if it would've done better if the two volumes had been one volume called Spider-Gwen. Relaunching with the exact same creative team is a no-no. People aren't fooled. Champions DIDN'T relaunch when Zub took over, and then relaunched later. That was a mistake too. Relaunch when the writer changes, not mid-run. Learn that lesson, Marvel.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, I wonder if it would've done better if the two volumes had been one volume called Spider-Gwen. Relaunching with the exact same creative team is a no-no. People aren't fooled. Champions DIDN'T relaunch when Zub took over, and then relaunched later. That was a mistake too. Relaunch when the writer changes, not mid-run. Learn that lesson, Marvel.
    Ooh, I can't stand when they relaunch with the same team. It's so insanely cheap, infuriating, and insulting. And they keep doing it, which is even dumber.

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Ooh, I can't stand when they relaunch with the same team. It's so insanely cheap, infuriating, and insulting. And they keep doing it, which is even dumber.
    A character as new as Spider-Gwen should still be on its first volume. Marvel's yearly relaunch of titles has made every new number 1 just another comic. There's nothing special about it anymore, and people have started to realize it's for a quick sales bump, and for no other reason.

Are Scream and Amazing MJ sharing Gwen's fate?
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...l-only-comics/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Are Scream and Amazing MJ sharing Gwen's fate?
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...l-only-comics/
    Amazing Mary Jane was apparently going to end at it's 10th issue, so it wouldn't surprise me.

Amazing Mary Jane was apparently going to end at it's 10th issue, so it wouldn't surprise me.
    It's actually amazing (pun intended) it got a second arc in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    It's actually amazing (pun intended) it got a second arc in the first place.
    Those high sales for the first arc kept it going. I think while Marvel intended to do a limited series, but by not numbering it, they set it up to be a stealth ongoing (kind of like what's going on with "Hawkeye: Freefall").

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Those high sales for the first arc kept it going. I think while Marvel intended to do a limited series, but by not numbering it, they set it up to be a stealth ongoing (kind of like what's going on with "Hawkeye: Freefall").
    The marketing was also kind of inconsistent as to whether it was ongoing or a limited series.

The marketing was also kind of inconsistent as to whether it was ongoing or a limited series.
    I think they were just testing the waters to see if it had an audience.

BANNED

Black Cat needs to be canceled.

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyCeo View Post
    Why? It's got strong sales and good reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyCeo View Post
    This one one of the best books Marvel is putting out right now. Why do you think it should be cancelled?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

UPDATE for July 2020: Amazing Spider-Man will double ship in July with issues #44 and #45, along with Sins Rising Prelude. Other Spider-Books include Venom #26 and Spider-Woman #2 both on July 15 and Symbiote Spider-Man: Alien Reality #5 on July 29.

MISSING: Amazing Mary Jane, Gwen Stacy, Spider-Man Noir, JJ Abrams' Spider-Man, Empyre: Spider-Man, Amazing Spider-Man: Daily Bugle, Scream: Curse of Carnage, Web of Venom: Wraith, and Morbius