Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar

Default Murasaki vs Ryu Hayabusa

The Red Ribbon Army's ninja henchman squares off against the wielder of the Dragon Sword.

1.) Standard arena fight.

2.) Both are contracted to kill each other in modern Tokyo.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Are there any ghost types that are immune to fire, ice, and gorilla marriage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

Original join date: 6/2007

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Did Murasaki have much for feats? I can't recall him doing anything especially impressive.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Did Murasaki have much for feats? I can't recall him doing anything especially impressive.
    He took post-21st Budokai Goku more than one episode to beat, and handily kept up with him in terms of speed. I would have put him up against Ryu from the original Ninja Gaiden, whom I like better, if I weren't convinced Murasaki would blitz the crap out of him.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

I would have put him up against Ryu from the original Ninja Gaiden, whom I like better, if I weren't convinced Murasaki would blitz the crap out of him.
    NES Ryu is a pretty high end bullet timer when you get right down to it. Excepting that one time Irene shot him because Ryu hilariously can't see a gun that's right in front of him if it's out-of frame (watch the scene; he doesn't even notice that she's holding it), so she somehow managed to catch him by surprise, and then lose this ability by the time Ninja Gaiden 3 rolled around. Which makes Ninja Gaiden not only the first use of cutscenes, but also the first case of cutscene-based PIS.

He took post-21st Budokai Goku more than one episode to beat
    I don't think that was really by virtue of being anywhere near Goku's level. IIRC, he spent 90% of his time hiding and talking his way out of situations.

and handily kept up with him in terms of speed.
    This I don't remember at all. If he's anything resembling Goku's speed, he'll probably destroy any version of Ryu. I don't recall him having anything on Goku speedwise though.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 08-12-2014 at 09:24 PM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Eh, Goku was pretty much toying with Murasaki because he found him funny.

The closest thing he did to keeping pace with Goku was to create 5 solid looking afterimages, but that involved his 4 identical brothers, and not only did Goku manage to deflect a bullet one of those "afterimages" fired at his back while he was still reeling from the guys alleged super speed, but when he left behind actual afterimages Murasaki was shocked in turn.

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    This I don't remember at all.
    Just rewatched the episode where he shows up. Murasaki moves around at blur speed quite a bit. Here's a clip of them having a race (it's in Greek, but that's of little consequence).

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime Harder View Post
    Just rewatched the episode where he shows up. Murasaki moves around at blur speed quite a bit. Here's a clip of them having a race (it's in Greek, but that's of little consequence).
    Wow, that is a hyper extended scene of what was a quick gag in the manga, but note that Goku was basically catching up with and surpassing him with ease even though the former started with a lead, even when he was wearing geta (which are harder to run in than his normal shoes), and Goku was fresh as a daisy and dancing at the end of it while Murasaki was hunched over and panting for breath.

When it came to actual combat reflexes, Goku was mauling him even worse, doing things like sticking the Nyoi Bo in the ground while Murasaki was mid-air so that the latter landed ass first onto it, leaving behind actual after images instead of using physical doppelgangers to replicate it, and deflecting a bullet fired at him from behind while still surprised at the apparent "afterimages."

I'm not saying he's faster than Goku. Or as fast. Just able to not get instantly, ridiculously blitzed.

With that in mind and the video for reference, how does he compare to either version of Ryu?

(PS: The Power Pole kancho was still hilarious.)