Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Iron Fist vs. Reed Richards

Arena fight. 616. Who can build a giant robot faster?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Danny can probably do something nasty and chi based to Reed. He's got a few feats for that, and the speed to apply them.

Barring that, Reed has been KOd by enough physical smooshing before, and Danny, going all out, hits hard enough to OSKO Luke Cage and Thing. At worst, it's range strike to discombobulate, close the distance, make with the punchy until unconscious.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Danny can probably do something nasty and chi based to Reed. He's got a few feats for that, and the speed to apply them.

Barring that, Reed has been KOd by enough physical smooshing before, and Danny, going all out, hits hard enough to OSKO Luke Cage and Thing. At worst, it's range strike to discombobulate, close the distance, make with the punchy until unconscious.
    But what about the giant robot?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    But what about the giant robot?
    If you check my sig, you'll know how important giant robots are to me.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Astonishing Member

Reed can hurt danny, Danny can't hurt Reed. It's going to be grueling fight but I don't see the Iron Fist winning here. Whatever he hits Reed with will bounce off, or be deflected from Reed's rubbery body. Which Reed can move at incredible speeds and fashion into complicated shapes to avid hits, smother Danny or tie him up like a python and Reed's not physically weak. He may not be in Thing's league muscle wise but he should be able to hold down Danny for the ten count.

Reed isn't a bullet-timer, but Iron Fist is a bullet-timer, so Reed may think quickly, but he isn't dodging anything in this fight. If Danny was just a highly skilled martial artist like Shang-Chi, Reed could ignore any hits with his rubbery form, and then just wrap up his opponent and suffocate for the win. The problem is that Danny has the Iron Fist ability, and just wrapping him up isn't going to prevent him from unleashing chi blasts. And since Danny can now fire chi blasts at range, Reed isn't even going to lay a hand on Danny before this fight ends.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Reed has the feats and resources to build a giant robot. Don't think Danny ever has. Easy win for Reed.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Reed isn't a bullet-timer, but Iron Fist is a bullet-timer, so Reed may think quickly, but he isn't dodging anything in this fight. If Danny was just a highly skilled martial artist like Shang-Chi, Reed could ignore any hits with his rubbery form, and then just wrap up his opponent and suffocate for the win. The problem is that Danny has the Iron Fist ability, and just wrapping him up isn't going to prevent him from unleashing chi blasts. And since Danny can now fire chi blasts at range, Reed isn't even going to lay a hand on Danny before this fight ends.
    Reed's stronger and tougher than you think. He regularly restrains Doom himself with his body and Doom's armor has strength which equals Iron Man suits. All he needs is to get Danny locked up then he can suffocate him at leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Reed's stronger and tougher than you think. He regularly restrains Doom himself with his body and Doom's armor has strength which equals Iron Man suits. All he needs is to get Danny locked up then he can suffocate him at leisure.
    Iron Fist had some major hitting feats in the past, then got a significant power-up during the Brubaker/Fraction run. Just for some highlights, check this list out:

https://www.cbr.com/iron-fists-all-t...atest-punches/

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

It doesn't matter, this isn't a fight.

If Namor can't one shot Reed what makes some people think Danny would

Also Reed was able to trap Daredevil before, bloodlusted Reed can do some nasty things to him even retrain Hulk and WWH (Hulk stomped him later but it's Hulk)

Not even after getting hit by Black Bolt

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    It doesn't matter, this isn't a fight.
    Nobody can understand what you see so clearly.
    - big_adventure

I think that the Captain is underrating Danny on the giant robot front. I don't know about now, but he owned, you know, Rand. One of the largest corporations in 616.

So, Reed could definitely build a BETTER robot, and a STRONGER robot. But could he build it faster than Danny can just call up Rand storehouse 42 and have them send him one?

You know, you're right, Reed still wins this.

Thug Life.

Okay, after reading a couple of puzzling responses, I went back and found that part of the original post was hidden. I am quoting it here so everybody can see it.

Arena fight: Iron Fist wins.

Robot building contest: Reed, I guess, though I don't see how he is building anything with Arena sand and no tools.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Okay, after reading a couple of puzzling responses, I went back and found that part of the original post was hidden. I am quoting it here so everybody can see it.

Arena fight: Iron Fist wins.

Robot building contest: Reed, I guess, though I don't see how he is building anything with Arena sand and no tools.
    The devil is in the details!

*Scampers back to purgatory*
    - big_adventure