Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Default All purpose news and politics thread part VI: This Is Not The Time For Posing

The old thread is broken, so I grabbed to opportunity to start a new one. Yay me.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

"How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I just posted to the old thread. Perhaps it was a temporary glitch.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    While I had incorrectly guessed otherwise, it was apparently a message board code issue?

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...58#post4955358

The old thread is now about bees. Maybe a mod could change the word "news" for "bees"? It has the same length, it would be easy to paste over.

Hillary was right!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    The old thread is now about bees. Maybe a mod could change the word "news" for "bees"? It has the same length, it would be easy to paste over.
    I'm fine with bees, it's those goddamn giant hornets that scare the **** out of me.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I'm fine with bees, it's those goddamn giant hornets that scare the **** out of me.
    You know how the Japanese Bees deal with them ?

They boil them alive

Indeed, bees are cute, friendly and hardworking. We need more bees.

Hornets, yellowjackets, wasps should all be eradicated. Who needs them?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

You and me both! Something that is big as they are and can sting through a beekeeper suit is something I don't want even in the same county let alone in my yard

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Do not click that link, even the Republicans on this thread. It's like a malware site, I reported it to the mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I don't think the subtitle is nuanced, although I wouldn't really look for nuance in a subtitle.

Do I have a habit of failing to answer questions that are directly put to me?
    I'm fairly sure my next post (A few down) showed that I was interested in the nuance you saw in the book as a whole and was just using it's subtitle to accentuate the point of it. So Yes, yes I think you do.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Do not click that link, even the Republicans on this thread. It's like a malware site, I reported it to the mods.
    Well I hope the lack of any link other than a MotherJones one means it was taken care of.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    I'm fairly sure my next post (A few down) showed that I was interested in the nuance you saw in the book as a whole and was just using it's subtitle to accentuate the point of it. So Yes, yes I think you do.

Well I hope the lack of any link other than a MotherJones one means it was taken care of.
    They did, they really did.

I know they have to professional but I don't like the way CBS News is covering this. They're an ass hair away from being absolute flowery about what 'the framers' intended. Call this White fragility movement what it is. I've been a teenager in a mall 25 years ago that saw more heads busted and that was a mall, not the Capital building. Lol, muthafucks is scaling the walls... C'mon, if 1/10th of these 'citizens' were Black we'd be seeing a whole different television show.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

While I would never call for violence against our elected officials, in the case of Texas right now, maybe making a blood sacrifice out of Ted Cruz would put an end to the winter and the darkness. It worked for Stannis Baratheon, after all.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    While I would never call for violence against our elected officials, in the case of Texas right now, maybe making a blood sacrifice out of Ted Cruz would put an end to the winter and the darkness. It worked for Stannis Baratheon, after all.
    I don't believe any God would reward us for sending them Ted Cruz