Page 328 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 2282783183243253263273283293303313323383784288281328 ... LastLast
Results 4,906 to 4,920 of 75153
    Intermediary

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    What was the point of the noose in October, when that was not Bubba Wallace's garage?
    because racists never miss an opportunity to mark what they perceive as their territory

Wow, just wow, a must watch -

"So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Just to point out something about the idea that Wallace assigned the garage that the rope in question was seemingly tied to last year...

https://www.news-journal***********/...s/605060708/DN

Racing 101: How are garages, pit road spots assigned?
    Garage assignments are decided long before the first hauler arrives at Daytona International Speedway or any other track. They’re based on the driver’s point standings.

“When the entry deadline passes for a race, we know who’s going to be there and we lay out the garage accordingly,” said Steve O’Donnell, NASCAR’s senior vice president of racing operations.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Ooooooh boy, this a bad take from Bernie's former National Press Secretary.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Just to point out something about the idea that Wallace assigned the garage that the rope in question was seemingly tied to last year...

https://www.news-journal***********/...s/605060708/DN
    As an aside, the MLB, NBA, racing, and now wrestling thread have been invaded by politics!

On topic, I'm fairly sure the full FBI statement found it suspiciously timed but not necessarily a hate crime but reversed course a bit when videos from NASCAR went public, showing the same garage, noose knot free.

Was Bubba even the one to report it? I thought it was one of his pit crew and NASCAR that reported it?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    As an aside, the MLB, NBA, racing, and now wrestling thread have been invaded by politics!

On topic, I'm fairly sure the full FBI statement found it suspiciously timed but not necessarily a hate crime but reversed course a bit when videos from NASCAR went public, showing the same garage, noose knot free.

Was Bubba even the one to report it? I thought it was one of his pit crew and NASCAR that reported it?
    From what I have read he didn't even see it, he was just reacting to what he had been told.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

That was the version of it that I heard.

Just thinking through if it was a shady move someone orchestrated, it would seem that it absolutely would have hinged on breaking from the usual means of determining the garage a team wound up in. If that actually took place...

- The media have completely missed it in their reporting.
    - The Feds completely missed it in their investigation.
    - Wallace's team(along with the other teams...) have not mentioned any anomaly in it.

You can prioritize speed, or absolute accuracy. You can't get both at the same time.

Matt O'Brien, an Economics Affairs reporter, sums it up.

Jordan Weissmann of Slate made a similar point.
    I think the real issue is that there were people who received checks for their dead relatives, and wanted to be honest and return them. But they could never get a straight answer from the IRS on what to do, if they even able to get through to them. I saw a news report on this right after the first checks went out.

I realize that the money had to go out fast, and there were mistakes made. But there should have been some process put in place to address this issue when they were getting ready to send the checks out.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Ooooooh boy, this a bad take from Bernie's former National Press Secretary.

Jfc, what is wrong with her

He's no fan of Bolton, and neither am I. But not for the reasons you'd think. Bolton is a coward and scum. I'll let the Legal Eagle lay out the case. He does a better job than I ever could. -

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    What is he talking about? Did this mother###### have a stroke?
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

An informative biopic video from 2018 made all the more interesting by recent events -

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I think his brain is full of bats and cobwebs.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

What was the point of the noose in October, when that was not Bubba Wallace's garage?
    Are you saying this is not a noose, Mets?
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!