Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    On the one hand, I see what you are saying.

On the other hand?

"Give Him A Little Time..."?

That is exactly how we wound up where we are. So...

How much time are we talking?

A Month?

A Year?

One Term?
    How about a week?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

On the other hand?

A Month?

A Year?

One Term?
    I suppose it depends where you rank aid to central america and the effort needed to do it.

Today he did the easy stuff.

Put the US back in the WHO
    Rejoined the Paris Agreement
    Cancelled the Keystone Pipeline
    Rescinded the 1776 propaganda bullshit
    Protected the Census as is
    Got rid of the muslim ban
    Ended funding for the boarder wall
    A mask mandate for the Corona Virus
    Extended the moratorium on evictions
    Extended the deferment for student loans
    Created an order to prevent workplace discrimination on sexual orientation in the workplace

and apparently a few other things.

I'm all for holding Biden accountable for what he does and doesn't do, but criticizing him for not doing more on day 1 (is it really even a full day? half of it is ceremony) seems a bit much.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Trump and Barr's recommendation to charge rioters under section 2384 in July 2020 is being used on the insurrectionists.

In addition to actual sedition, they are looking at the crimes the Trumpets were hoping BLM and "Antifa" would be charged with.

The self-owns continue and they are not even in office anymore.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/heres-ho...l-criminal-law

https://www.lawfareblog.com/when-ext...ous-conspiracy
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 01-21-2021 at 09:41 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...eter-robb.html

Biden also fired and removed three underlings who didn't resign when they had the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    I suppose it depends where you rank aid to central america and the effort needed to do it.

Today he did the easy stuff.

Put the US back in the WHO
    Rejoined the Paris Agreement
    Cancelled the Keystone Pipeline
    Rescinded the 1776 propaganda bullshit
    Protected the Census as is
    Got rid of the muslim ban
    Ended funding for the boarder wall
    A mask mandate for the Corona Virus
    Extended the moratorium on evictions
    Extended the deferment for student loans
    Created an order to prevent workplace discrimination on sexual orientation in the workplace

and apparently a few other things.

I'm all for holding Biden accountable for what he does and doesn't do, but criticizing him for not doing more on day 1 (is it really even a full day? half of it is ceremony) seems a bit much.
    Saying that I'm mildly disappointed isn't really being critical.

It's just pointing out where it feels like this is going(Throwing Money At A Problem While Ignoring That You Are Largely The Reason That The Problem Exists In The First Place...)

Again, not much of a shock. Still disappointing to see what looks like the beginning of the whole thing being a can that will get kicked down the line one more time.

Past all of that?

Admitting the actual truth of things?

That is the easy stuff.

It's just pointing out where it feels like this is going(Throwing Money At A Problem While Ignoring That You Are Largely The Reason That The Problem Exists In The First Place...)

Again, not much of a shock. Still disappointing to see what looks like the beginning of the whole thing being a can that will get kicked down the line one more time.

Past all of that?

That is the easy stuff.
    Since I don't recall you brining up Central American Aid as the preeminent issue in America. Deciding on Day One to comment about your disappointment looks to be a search for something to criticize, especially since he did sign 17 Orders to reverse Trump.

But you do you.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

On the other hand?

A Month?

A Year?

One Term?
    Tell you what, homie, since you’re disappointed in Biden who didn’t replicate the twelve labors of Hercules on his first day in office, why don’t you follow your buddy Trump and everything he’s doing down in Florida instead. Oh, that’s right, you can’t, he’s been banned from social media! Oops! My bad!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    AOC's seen as Bernie's successor...and certainly not "the next HRC" for sure, lol.
    That she is, but she's not embraced that role like he did. It's not like she has much competition on that front. Hillary is a woman who planned on being president since she was the First Lady - that is not how I'd describe AOC. I'm not sure there you're getting that ambition from her.

The thing about Cortez is that she's smart and interested in power and coalition building. Her model is Bernie Sanders and not Ralph Nader. Nader sabotaged the Dems, ruined his reputation and sullied his earlier activism in a narcissistic election campaign, Sanders has selflessly inserted himself into the governing process and now ranks Chairman of the Senate Budgetary Commitee.
    Why are you bringing up Nader? Bernie has more in common with Nader than AOC does. "Selflessly," Bernie's not a saint and he's not the team player you're making it out to be. He finally got around to that it was lacking when he had the opportunity during Obama's term, when he wasn't threatening to primary the president. It's not like this has been how Bernie's acted though his political life, until 2016 he was perfectly fine before obscure. I know her resume, that's not the subject - the subject is does she want to run for roles like president and she's tilted towards no. I don't like how the left builds up their politicians as if they're rock stars, or gods, rather than people.

And besides...if AOC wants to raise her profile for a primary, she'd be better off running for President (which she's absolutely set to do somewhere down the line).
    I don't see her running against Schumer anytime soon.[/quote]

The question is does she want to raise her profile like that? This is about who she is, not who you want her to be. It's not like the first thing Bernie did to raise his profile was running for president, her going after someone like Schumer would be the next step.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    AOC's seen as Bernie's successor...and certainly not "the next HRC" for sure, lol.

The thing about Cortez is that she's smart and interested in power and coalition building. Her model is Bernie Sanders and not Ralph Nader. Nader sabotaged the Dems, ruined his reputation and sullied his earlier activism in a narcissistic election campaign, Sanders has selflessly inserted himself into the governing process and now ranks Chairman of the Senate Budgetary Commitee.

And besides...if AOC wants to raise her profile for a primary, she'd be better off running for President (which she's absolutely set to do somewhere down the line).

I don't see her running against Schumer anytime soon.

I think when people say she is the next HRC they might mean the hate that she gets.

Past all of that?

That is the easy stuff.
    It's okay to just say that you don't like the guy or whatever. Like it is only day one and you are whining already. We get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Since I don't recall you brining up Central American Aid as the preeminent issue in America. Deciding on Day One to comment about your disappointment looks to be a search for something to criticize, especially since he did sign 17 Orders to reverse Trump.

But you do you.
    You don't recall it happening for a pretty obvious reason.

I wouldn't was a second on talking about treating the symptoms while ignoring that the actual disease was running almost completely unchecked.

United States policy is the disease that destabilizes everything South of the Rio Grande.

I have pointed that reality out on more than one occasion.

Honestly?

It's probably north of a half a dozen at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Mecegirl View Post
    It's okay to just say that you don't like the guy or whatever. Like it is only day one and you are whining already. We get it.
    Sure.

Wanting an American President to finally be honest about that United States policy fundamentally works to make everything from Mexico South less stable and more dangerous for the citizens of those countries is "Whining..."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    That she is, but she's not embraced that role like he did. It's not like she has much competition on that front. Hillary is a woman who planned on being president since she was the First Lady - that is not how I'd describe AOC. I'm not sure there you're getting that ambition from her.
    It's not about personal ambition in a career sense, but ambition for the sake of a cause.

Why are you bringing up Nader? Bernie has more in common with Nader than AOC does.
    No he doesn't.

"Selflessly," Bernie's not a saint
    Good. Saints don't get to be Chairman of the Senate Budget Committee.

The question is does she want to raise her profile like that? This is about who she is, not who you want her to be.
    Politics is a mix of "who you are" and "who the voters want you to be" and what chances are there. The Democratic Party didn't want Biden as President in 2016 when he refused to enter the race, nor again in 2007, or 1987. They did want him in 2020.

The Democratic Party absolutely wanted Obama as President in 2007.

It's not like the first thing Bernie did to raise his profile was running for president, her going after someone like Schumer would be the next step.
    AOC already has a pretty high profile as one of the most famous members of the Democratic party, and the second most famous House Democrat after the Speaker herself.

She's one of the top fundraisers of any members of the house (both parties) and one of 4 Democrats (alongside Pelosi, Schiff, Katie Porter) https://www.opensecrets.org/election...raising-totals

So her profile is very high already.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    It's just clear as day that Biden misses Beau terribly.
    Did you see his speech in Delaware right before coming to DC? He was saying that it should have been Beau being sworn in.

On the other hand?

A Month?

A Year?

One Term?
    How about you let him unpack his bags. Jesus Christ, it hasn't even been 12 hours yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post

But you do you.
    As for that?

We should honestly be aiming higher than just "To Reverse Trump..."

Way higher, if I'm gonna be frank.